[Archive] Avatar movie

Kera foehunter:

I havn’t see it yet is it good ??

tjub:

Its a cool movie, make sure you watch it in 3D. Dut with a lame story… Hollywood story A1. :frowning:

cornixt:

It is very good, even not in 3D. The cgi is seemless with the live action. More than half of the film is entirely cgi by my reckoning.

Joshmohr:

I loved avatar, lots of action, amazing in 3D. But this year my favorite movie ive seen was District 9. Very well done, great acting, and the aliens/plot where jaw-dropping.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Storywise, Avatar is Pocahontas in Space. But the story is told in such a perfect way that I was completely blown away… and I watched the movie twice. Make sure to watch it in 3D, it adds the extra touch. I loved it.

Kera foehunter:

So is it a group Militant that try to take over indigenous people!!and a guy joins the indigenous people and then become one of them to fight the miliantant ??

it does look cool sorta space wood elves

CheTralfara:

The movie is the latest giant leap in what is being dubbed “hyper-reality” where people are conditioned to further separate their minds from reality and emotion. Several major companies are following in it’s path by releasing the first 3D hyper-reality channels… (including 3D Sports)

The creator of the film (James Cameron) has admitted (bragged) that he purposely placed global warming propaganda in it (just doing his job as a part of agenda-heavy corporate media oligarchy), despite carbon (manmade or not) being continually proven to have absolutely no dramatic heating effect on the atmosphere.

The film also contains all sorts of promotional shots of the latest high-tech military gadgetry being created, too further sell you on the idea of how cool it is to be cannon fodder. These include the new “exo-suit”.

It also seems like an extravaganza for furries (the people with the fetish for disney animals and beast-man costumes)… IMHO.

Other than that, I’m sure it’s highly entertaining for it’s state-of-the-art visual effects.

(see: distraction. remember entertainment events were often mandatory for the lower/slave class in ancient society… wonder why?)

cornixt:

There’s nothing about global warming in it that I remember, but there are the contradictory statements that Earth has lost all its greenary while Venezuala still has “mean bush”. I think some of the political statements that are supposedly in the film are as accurate as saying that Trainspotting is a pro-drug film. I can’t tell how serious Che is being.

One thing though, I’ve never found Sigourney Weaver to be attractive, but when she is a 9 foot tall blue Na’vi…

Captain Crayon:

i thought it was faaaaaaantastic in 3d.

As for global warming?

pfft :stuck_out_tongue:

My folks are on a boat on their way toantarctica as we speak,and might not even make it into the antarctic circle because its too frozen :stuck_out_tongue:

But back on topic… i thout it was a great movie. Just turn your brain off, and enjoy it :slight_smile:

Baggronor:

The movie is the latest giant leap in what is being dubbed "hyper-reality" where people are conditioned to further separate their minds from reality and emotion.
By watching more convincing cgi? How does that separate me from reality and emotion? When would I equate a hollywood film to reality anyway?
The creator of the film (James Cameron) has admitted (bragged) that he purposely placed global warming propaganda in it (just doing his job as a part of agenda-heavy corporate media oligarchy), despite carbon (manmade or not) being continually proven to have absolutely no dramatic heating effect on the atmosphere.
Or maybe he believes it. Not everything has to be a conspiracy.
see: distraction. remember entertainment events were often mandatory for the lower/slave class in ancient society... wonder why?
What on earth are you talking about?

Pyro Stick:

Im going to go see in on wednesday in 3D. No spoilers please.

Borador:

Cool graphics, story was not to my liking but everyone I spoke about it RL seems to have a different opinion about that xD some say it is the best story for a 3D movie they have ever seen, others think it’s decent etc etc. But I’d go anyway for the graphics are nice :3

Kera foehunter:

the thing that hold me back it still a cartoon !! The high tec does not woo me

need to give more of the plot !! hide your eyes Pyro

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Why don’t you have a look at some of the reviews on youtube? It’s not a cartoon, BTW, it’s actual actors mixed with lots of CGI creatures.

CheTralfara:

What on earth are you talking about?

Baggronor
Keeping the people distracted with entertainment is part of civilization's history (look into it.. particularly around the time of gladiatorial events), and is in no less in practice today. There are many other distractions though like this "global warming" stuff... In the 70's all the usual mainstream culprits were trying to scare everyone about a new ice age... and nothing is better distraction (in America at least) than the whole Left vs. Right paradigm.

Sure not everything is a conspiracy, but hollywood (like the entire newstainment industry) is one of the largest vessels for government/corporate oligarchy agenda propaganda, so it's more likely he was simply following the script.

Who would take a film as reality!? I wish nobody, but...

The Avatar Effect: Movie-goers feel depressed and even suicidal at not being able to visit utopian alien planet

Here is a video of Fox network admitting and showing you some of the conditioning and programming it puts into it's shows to indoctrinate you into the global warming agenda.

Notice how they act like humanitarians for brainwashing you without your consent.

Kera foehunter:

Thanks ish!! i did it !!and going sorry for the cartoon its a video game that 3 hours long

Kawazu:

Enough said. Sorry for those who didn’t want spoilers.

Khan!:

Enough said. Sorry for those who didn't want spoilers.

Kawazu
The exclamation point in "Avatar!" is my favourite part, but I agree that this description is quite accurate.

It's just more "White Man's Burden" - ala Pocahontas or Dances With Wolves or Tarzan or John Carter of Mars (which I still have a soft spot for btw) or whichever expression of cultural and racial imperialism you like best.

Avatar summary: The people that are like what James Cameron thinks indigenous people are like are saved from the white people by a white person (who is the chosen one) who is better at being indigenous than the indigenous people because he is white.

But! The visuals are neat. And I laughed at the boss-fight at the end. Definitely an entertaining movie in my opinion, but you should go in being aware of the racial politics involved - which ironically contradict the ham-handed environmentalist message which Chetralfara has pointed out (although I do not agree that the notion of climate change in general is the product of a conspiracy).

cornixt:

It’s all a conspiracy! I’m wearing my double-insulated tinfoil hat as we speak!

Baggronor:

It's just more "White Man's Burden" - ala Pocahontas or Dances With Wolves or Tarzan or John Carter of Mars (which I still have a soft spot for btw) or whichever expression of cultural and racial imperialism you like best.
Avatar summary: The people that are like what James Cameron thinks indigenous people are like are saved from the white people by a white person (who is the chosen one) who is better at being indigenous than the indigenous people because he is white.
Except Tom Cruise, who survived his honourable death in Last Samurai, and thus failed even more epically. I hate that midget almost as much as I hate Hollywood.
Here is a video of Fox network admitting and showing you some of the conditioning and programming it puts into it's shows to indoctrinate you into the global warming agenda.
Largely unsurprising, exactly why I watch very little TV. But this is all on the assumption that global warming is just made up. Even if it doesn't lead to major catastrophes in the near future, do you think its a great idea to pollute the seas and pump crap into the skies? I think its worth changing our methods regardless.
Keeping the people distracted with entertainment is part of civilization's history (look into it.. particularly around the time of gladiatorial events), and is in no less in practice today. There are many other distractions though like this "global warming" stuff... In the 70's all the usual mainstream culprits were trying to scare everyone about a new ice age... and nothing is better distraction (in America at least) than the whole Left vs. Right paradigm.
Distracted from what? What would you do if you weren't distracted?
Notice how they act like humanitarians for brainwashing you without your consent.
Who would give consent for brainwashing? :) You can (and should) just switch it off. And paint more figures!
The Avatar Effect: Movie-goers feel depressed and even suicidal at not being able to visit utopian alien planet
Jesus...