[Archive] Avatar movie

Khan!:

Here is a video of Fox network admitting and showing you some of the conditioning and programming it puts into it's shows to indoctrinate you into the global warming agenda.
Largely unsurprising, exactly why I watch very little TV. But this is all on the assumption that global warming is just made up. Even if it doesn't lead to major catastrophes in the near future, do you think its a great idea to pollute the seas and pump crap into the skies? I think its worth changing our methods regardless.

Baggronor
You read my mind, sir.

CheTralfara:

I am completely not for environmental pollution, but those same companies that are telling you that we need to impose a global carbon tax to save the world, and that man-made carbon is the source of a massive heating trend that is going to destroy the world, have the WORST environmental record of all time. What makes you think they suddenly started to care?

I won’t get into global warming any more beyond just simply saying this… If anyone actually took the time to seriously research the relationship between man and carbon, carbon and the environment, and the heating trends of the last several centuries…  They would notice the notion of man-made carbon causing a catastrophic heatwave is more contradictory to science and reality than bigfoot. (and polar bears can swim by the way! :P)

The mega-corporate oligarchy & cooperating government bodies want you to beg THEM for a solution to the problems they’ve actually created and the ones they’ve dreamed up. Does that sound like a real solution to you? Or does it sound like billionaires trying to manipulate the population into begging for more taxes and global legislation?

It’s all a conspiracy! I’m wearing my double-insulated tinfoil hat as we speak!

cornixt
I know you prolly meant this as a joke, but why is it necessary to show that we’ve been heavily conditioned to make fun of conspiracies and deny their existence? No one wears a tinfoil hat, yet this caricature stereotype is kept alive through pop culture.

Doesn’t the mere fact that the word “Theory” (generally regarded as something unprovable) has been programmed into your mind (by media and pop culture) to be ALWAYS following the word “Conspiracy”, prove that powerful people don’t want you to take conspiracy seriously?

Wonder why Dale Gribble on the show King Of The Hill is portrayed as this crazy nutjob “conspiracy theorist” stereotype who especially believes in aliens, and destroys, neglects, and alienates his family because of his “beliefs”…

cornixt:

It was your combination of several conspiracies that made me laugh. not only the global warming one (which is so horribly polluted by selective facts and self-serving people that you get accused by both sides of falling for their misinformation if you question any of it), but Hollywood and tv people being forced into putting things in their programming. And then you top it off with the use of five classic conspiracy keywords in a row: “government/corporate oligarchy agenda propaganda”.

Global warming conspiracy is just the current phase of people looking for something they can believe in, taken over from 9/11 being an inside job.

People/governments/corporations are far less organised then people give them credit for, somethimes things are just a coincidence.

CheTralfara:

I guess you’re going to tell me it’s just a coincidence that every US president are close cousins with each other… Obama is in fact Bush AND Cheney’s cousin. Kerry is Bush’s cousin, etc… They are all also direct descendants of the royal families of Europe.

Here you can see a huge but incomplete list of just a selection of the relations between all U.S. presidents…

List of United States Presidents by genealogical relationship

This kind of “coincidence” is not simply described by “everyone’s related to everyone”, it does not work that way (research genealogy). The familial connections prove a bloodline imposed monarchy within the American political system.

9/11 being an inside job is just a “phase”, a trend right? yet Bush had the invasion plans for Afghanistan on his desk 2 days before 9/11.

MSNBC - Afghanistan war plans were on Bush’s desk on 9/9/2001

classic conspiracy keywords? conspiracies do usually involve government, corporations, oligarchy, agendas, and propaganda… that’s common sense…  where is the issue here?

The rabbit hole goes much deeper, take an open-minded (but with rational discernment) look into it instead of claiming to be so sure of something you haven’t taken to the time to research.

I’ll leave it at that, since we’re getting way off topic.

Warhammerman:

Wow all this conspiracy theories are weird and the one about every US president being related is utter BS in my oppinion. And I don’t mean ballistic skill, but I suggest we quit with these conspiracy theories before flaming starts and then this thread is closed. Oh and I am entitled to my opinion and so are you, so their is no point arguing.

cornixt:

I found it funny, that is all.

And I bet we are 8th cousins too! You realise how many greats are in the closest relation, and how many people you have to go through to connect them up. Even a conservative estimate would put 100,000 people in the same situation! Maybe I’ll do the math properly and give you a more accurate estimate (which will only go up from there). I’d seriously question the people who are feeding you this stuff.

Anyway, smurfs rock!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Are you actually saying that man-made global warming is just a hoax and result of a conspiracy by the major industrial nations, Che?

dncswlf:

Everything is a hoax… we’re all plugged into machines… take the blue pill take the blue pilll!!!

This thread made me laugh out loud several times, especially because it is a thread started by a question about the Avatar movie: which I really enjoyed, and wished I saw in 3D. Yes it is a rewrite of every indigenous population is persecuted by imposing invaders movie, but the way in which it was done was visually stunning, the bio-luminesence of Pandora during the night time scenes is just breathtaking, and the character development of the chosen one I thought was done really well… from Grunt to Hero… The childlike discovery of Pandora… and its dangers was really well done. and the climactic battle at the end was awesome with the “world” reacting… everything is a cell in the body of the mother type stuff… I thought it was good, and worth watching… if only to debate whether the Na’Vi and the humans were actually distant cousins afterall… HA!

CheTralfara:

It’s easy to say something is utter BS without actually doing any looking into it or any research… the mainstream media will lie through it’s teeth, but you will find even they admit that they are all cousins, but they will try to act like it means nothing.

I just gave you the wikipedia that shows a large portion of the relationships… I guess it’s not true because it just can’t be true?

No, we are not all 8th cousins. Again, genealogy doesn’t work like that. You can not simply explain away the close relations of all US presidents and their direct descendancy to the royal families of europe as a mere coincidence. But of course, it’s much easier to tell yourself it’s not true and make yourself feel better, than actually do the research involved (a rarity these days… too many distractions amiright?).

Yes, I am actually saying that the idea that there is “man-made global warming” is completely a hoax, and all science disproves it. During the industrial revolution humans produced more carbon than ever before, yet it got colder…

Please take the time to research the actual science, cooling/heating trends of the last few centuries, the ammount of carbon produced by man (insignificant), and the effect carbon has on temperature/climate, instead of what the mainstream media and billionaires are telling you to believe.

Notice, nothing I’ve just told you are theories… I’ve continually provided sources and actual information. If you need sources about the “climate change” (notice they can’t call it global warming anymore since we’re actually getting colder) hoax, then just PM me about it instead of clogging the avatar post.

Yep, they lie… come get your snake oil!

But anyway, I don’t think there’s any need to worry about a flame war. Why should people not be able to talk civil about serious issues.

Regardless, I agree that things should stay on the subject of Avatar for this post.

Bolg:

pic not visible? stuggi.to

I really have no intention to watch this movie (and I watch a lot of movies a year(in the cinema))

Warhammerman:

I guess you're going to tell me it's just a coincidence that every US president are close cousins with each other... Obama is in fact Bush AND Cheney's cousin. Kerry is Bush's cousin, etc... They are all also direct descendants of the royal families of Europe.

Here you can see a huge but incomplete list of just a selection of the relations between all U.S. presidents...

List of United States Presidents by genealogical relationship

This kind of "coincidence" is not simply described by "everyone's related to everyone", it does not work that way (research genealogy). The familial connections prove a bloodline imposed monarchy within the American political system.

9/11 being an inside job is just a "phase", a trend right? yet Bush had the invasion plans for Afghanistan on his desk 2 days before 9/11.

MSNBC - Afghanistan war plans were on Bush's desk on 9/9/2001

classic conspiracy keywords? conspiracies do usually involve government, corporations, oligarchy, agendas, and propaganda... that's common sense..  where is the issue here?

The rabbit hole goes much deeper, take an open-minded (but with rational discernment) look into it instead of claiming to be so sure of something you haven't taken to the time to research.

I'll leave it at that, since we're getting way off topic.

CheTralfara

pic not visible? http://www.stuggi.to/wp-content/gallery/picdump-9/10.jpg
I really have no intention to watch this movie (and I watch a lot of movies a year(in the cinema))

Bolg
IMHO I have no intention of seeing the movie either as it seems to be cliche garbage. And to Cheltralfara I will admit that you have me their as I have done no reading. However, I will not argue you anything as we all have our own beliefs and opinions. :cheers

Thorne:

Im sorry but reading this whole thread made my sides hurt, Very funny and love the application of scribble to make every hollywood film of its type and apply it to avatar. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pyro Stick:

Avatar was honestly one of the best films ive ever seen. Dont listen to all this rubbish kera. Just go and see it, in 3D if you can.

cornixt:

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings have very similar plots too, but you don’t hear many people syaing that either are bad films.

CheTralfara:

Im sorry but reading this whole thread made my sides hurt, Very funny and love the application of scribble to make every hollywood film of its type and apply it to avatar. :P

Thorne
I'm hoping you're laughing at that image file/pocahontis connection rather than the things I was bringing up. They are serious issues, I don't see anything funny about pretending you have a democracy/republic, and then appointing all presidents as a bloodline dynasty... about drafting war plans to invade a country that hasn't attack you, 2 days before a "terrorist attack" miraculously conveniently happens right on schedule... or subliminally manipulating people to believe in a (not even pseudoscience) apocalyptic hoax to create hysteria and draft dubious legislation.

Then again, some people use laughter to cover the weight of how serious some issues can truly be.

Sorry, just thought it was a strange reaction to laugh at such things.

Nothing I provided was theory. I gave you real documented facts.

Anyway, to keep things on subject...

I think the media like furries a little too much!

Baggronor:

The familial connections prove a bloodline imposed monarchy within the American political system.
Inter-marrying between powerful families is nothing new, its not that surprising tbh, its what powerful families do and always have done. The royals of Europe are all inbred. 0.5% of men in the world are descended from Genghis Khan for exactly the same reasons. Only difference is we called them Kings, Khans and Emperors and you call them Presidents. The details and capabilities vary but essentially its the same thing; one main dude (there by his own virtue or otherwise) and a whole lot of other dudes who help, and gain from, him. Its not fair or democratic, but thats what people in power are like. It doesn't signify some great conspiracy by itself beyond 'People in power want to keep it'.
Yes, I am actually saying that the idea that there is "man-made global warming" is completely a hoax, and all science disproves it. During the industrial revolution humans produced more carbon than ever before, yet it got colder...
I feel this attitude is naive. I have no doubt many parties are using the notion of climate change to their own ends, as people do with everything, but generally there's no smoke without fire. The best lies are always based on the truth, and to simply make something like this up totally from scratch would be idiotic. Perhaps they are bigging it up, dumbing it down, who knows, but I think its a safe bet there is some truth to it at the very least. This is purely my opinion of course.
I'm also pretty certain that we did not produce more emissions during the industrial revolution than we do now. Bear in mind that during that period, many of the world's countries had little or no industry; just because Europe, and later the US, were going mad for it, doesn't mean everyone was (unlike now). Not to mention the small matter of cars.

Anyway, I haven't seen the film and I'm not that fussed :) I'll wait for the DVD.

Pyro Stick:

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings have very similar plots too, but you don't hear many people syaing that either are bad films.

cornixt
TBH the plot is more like Dances With Wolves than star wars or lotr.

Khan!:

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings have very similar plots too, but you don't hear many people syaing that either are bad films.

cornixt
Welp, although I do have a soft spot for the original Star War trilogy, and there were moment in Lord of the Rings that were well done, in general (imho) none of them are 'good' movies. Indeed I would argue that the Lord of the Rings is overblown, generally without subtlety, and rife with absurd elf-related fanservice. Also some troubling racial politics because all of the good guys are white and all of the bad guys are black/arab - but that's in the source material and could perhaps be disputed (or exacerbated) by the fact that most of the bad guys aren't actually human beings necessarily (ie orcs).

Similarly Star Wars, even the original ones, have ewoks (sigh) and C 3PO (:()in them for instance - the new ones are worse for this kind of thing of course, especially with Jar Jar Binks. Which raises the issue of racism in Star Wars as well, most notably in the character of Anakin's alien (Arab-stereotyped) owner in The Phantom Menace. There is also a clumsy political message in the new Star Wars in George Lucas' childlike understanding of DEMOCRACY (good) and EVERYTHING ELSE (evil). And the "Monomyth" stuff is tired at best, can't we write a story that doesn't rip off Joseph Campbell? - not to mention thoroughly debunked in theoretical terms (yes, we CAN write a story that doesn't rip off Joseph Campbell, but we are bored and uninteresting).

Like Avatar, both Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - in general - rely on an overabundance of special effects and simplistic/unsubtle moral, political or environmental themes, while 'good' movies - in my opinion, and as opposed to either 'bad' or 'merely popcorn entertainment' movies - employ good writing and good direction and more complicated ideas.

Actually Avatar is pretty well directed, for what it is - but what it is is a popcorn movie with pretensions to be something better and, as above, some troubling evidence of culturo-racial imperialism.

CheTralfara:

I agree with your analysis on royalty and inbreeding. However deceiving the population that their government is a democracy (actually supposed to be a republic, not even democracy), and staging elections with candidates chosen and forcefed to you by the media, is by definition a conspiracy.

There are even greater conspiracies within these power circles that explain a lot of geo-politics, that they will admit to in their own writings, books, and are evident through their lesser known actions… However that is a totally different subject.

Here’s just one quote from David Rockefeller, a POWERFUL player in foreign policy and financial matters of the world …

“For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure �?” one world, if you will. If that is the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

Pretty sick stuff when you realize he’s essentially referring to world domination, and that the bigger your government, the smaller your voice becomes (ever wonder why sci-fi movies often portray a GALACTIC government, not even a one-world government?)

No, I didn’t say we put out more carbon emissions than now during the industrial revolution. I said that during the industrial revolution was a big boost in carbon emissions yet it had no heating effect on the climate.

We are actually headed into a cooling trend right now, and I could show you many sources to back that up. I can also provide you with the data that scientifically proves human beings put out insignificant amounts of carbon (animals and the ocean put out more!), and that carbon has no significant heating effect on the atmosphere.

People like Gore know the lie they are spreading, thus his mansion puts off nearly as much carbon as a small city. Unfortunately few people take the time to do the research for themselves, so billionaires like Gore can get away with manipulating us into invasive legislation, and make billions on things like ‘carbon trading’ (Gore has profited massively from “climate change” legislation).

I would be more than happy to provide more information and sources, just PM me if you like.

Anyway, I’m more excited about the REAL Avatar movie coming out, directed by M. Night…

I have high expectations for that one :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The cartoon was spectacular!

Baggronor:

Welp, although I do have a soft spot for the original Star War trilogy, and there were moment in Lord of the Rings that were well done, in general (imho) none of them are 'good' movies.  Indeed I would argue that the Lord of the Rings is overblown, generally without subtlety, and rife with absurd elf-related fanservice.  Also some troubling racial politics because all of the good guys are white and all of the bad guys are black/arab - but that's in the source material and could perhaps be disputed (or exacerbated) by the fact that most of the bad guys aren't actually human beings necessarily (ie orcs).
I would think doing Tolkien's book justice kinda means it has to be a lot like that. A 'dark-ages' world like LoTR doesn't really work with the whole 21st century PC thing. I thought 300 was far worse than LoTR or Star Wars for that sort of thing.
If I got offended every time I didn't see a fellow east Asian face in the good guys in films and stuff, I would be permanently enraged. Usually we're portrayed as ignorant morons who need to be educated on how to be civilised, moral and more like white people. Comic relief if we're lucky. At best we're ninjas. :~
That film (also called Avatar) where all the goody kids are played by white child actors, while all the baddies are Asian is a good case in point:
http://www.racebending.com/v3/
Edit: Che has already posted a link above, coincidentally we appear to have arrived at the same subject lol