[Archive] Avatar movie

CheTralfara:

Baggronor, actually apparently a lot of people reacted like WTF?? to the casting of white child actors in “avatar: the last airbender” the movie, when you can clearly tell the original characters (in the cartoon) were almost entirely of asian ethnicity, and other major characters were more like eskimo.

"George Lucas’ childlike understanding of DEMOCRACY (good)"

Yeah, I find it so ridiculous how the anti-thesis to a “galactic imperial dictatorship” is a “GALACTIC imperial republic”…

Can you imagine having your entire planet represented by only a handful of so-called “representatives” in a massive galactic congress??

We’d all have some real honest representation there!

I guess putting some ET congressmen in there makes it all better :wink:

Baggronor:

Baggronor, actually apparently a lot of people reacted like WTF?? to the casting of white child actors in "avatar: the last airbender" the movie, when you can clearly tell the original characters (in the cartoon) were almost entirely of asian ethnicity
In this day and age, I would sincerely hope so :) although the fact it still went ahead is as depressing as ever.

We've dragged this right off topic though (we're now talking about a completely different movie, albeit one with the same franchise title) :)

Bolg:

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings have very similar plots too, but you don't hear many people syaing that either are bad films.

cornixt
Starwars is a big ripoff of every fairytale ever written down and dont get me started about LotR I Really love the books, read them a few times over, and some bios of Tolkien as well. but the movies suck!! The first one is kinda Ok, sticks to the story the most, but in part 2 and 3 they change very important themes from the book for no good reason, never want to see them again. (another example of a director that should have stuck with horror flicks)

But i'll agree on one thing. Avatar is not another anal rape of a good book. they just came op with something... (fill in the blanks here).

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Yes, I am actually saying that the idea that there is "man-made global warming" is completely a hoax, and all science disproves it. During the industrial revolution humans produced more carbon than ever before, yet it got colder...

CheTralfara
I'm sorry but I, probably much as about every European, am utterly alienated by such statements. All science disproves it IS utter BS, because the contrary is actually true.

Che just come to Austria one day and explain to us why practially all the glaciers in the alps are gone which were still there back in the days when we were a Monarchy. Or get back in touch with the rest of world and stop lying to yourself. Your grandchildren will be grateful.

cornixt:

The industrial revolution was based on coal, that produced smoke, that reflects the light/heat away from the earth.

CheTralfara:

A NYtimes opinion piece doesn’t make anything “actually true”.

That article doesn’t provide any sources, and makes false claims left and right.

The artic is not melting. In fact, a recent expedition to the north pole has proven that it is actually freezing.

News Flash: Polar Ice Caps Not Melting

Himalayan Glaciers Not Melting

Regardless, any melting that is occuring isn’t even caused by so-called “global warming” (now called “climate change” out of embarassment)…

No link between global warming and melting glaciers: India

Again, I’m asking you to actually do the research into actual science, not nytimes articles… Not junk pseudo-science, not propaganda that is easily debunked, but actual science of the relationship between carbon and humans, and carbon and heating of the atmosphere.

These so-called scientists and findings connected to the UN are continually being proven to fudge data and lie through their teeth. I could show you an array of articles backing that statement.

Regardless, this topic is about Avatar, which is why I said if you wanted sources or to talk about this further you should just PM me… or perhaps open a new topic?

China has record snowfall

As that op-ed peice says “so much for global warming”!

No Rise of Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide Fraction in Past 160 Years, New Research Finds

The climate does change, glaciers melt, glaciers freeze… it gets hotter, it gets colder… c02 doesn’t do it, neither do humans.

Cornixt, all the global warming propaganda says that this carbon production “crisis” started with the industrial revolution.

CheTralfara:

Ocean Absorption c02 Not Shrinking

Scientists Considered Pouring Soot Over the Arctic in the 1970s to Help Melt the Ice �?" In Order to Prevent Another Ice Age

Should I really bust out all the propaganda hysteria from the 70s saying we’re headed into a massive new apocalyptic global freezing ice age?

Please, I think we can give this a rest. If you wanna disagree, let’s just leave it at that!

Hey!! Remember this movie?

cornixt:

Regardless, this topic is about Avatar, which is why I said if you wanted sources or to talk about this further you should just PM me... or perhaps open a new topic?

China has record snowfall

As that op-ed peice says "so much for global warming"!

CheTralfara
This is the Off Topic section, so going off topic is actually on topic!

Che, I thought you'd be the first to recognise that weather is not the same as climate. The funny thing is that extreme weather is actually evidence of climate change, although obviously you think it is going the other way.

CheTralfara:

Correct, extreme weather is evidence that, the climate is changing, however record level snow falls in several parts of the world, is evidence contrary to the idea that the climate is heating to catastrophic levels.

Like I said, the climate does change… It’s always changing. Always will and always has…

Many times in history we’ve gone through things like the “little ice age” and periods of heating. Never have they posed any kind of catastrophic risk to civilization, nor is there any evidence that humans had any effect on said climate changes what-so-ever.

The use of the term Climate Change is even more ridiculous than Global Warming, because the Climate Change itself is an extremely natural thing.

cornixt:

In winter it isn’t. Unless the snowfall is in the southern hemisphere and at low altitudes.

CheTralfara:

I’m not going to go on about it any further. I gave you plenty of reading material. And there’s loads more where that came from. The truth is out there. You just have too look outside of the mainstream media machine, UN (global government prototype) sanctioned propaganda, and look at the real science (not fear-mongering opinions and guesstimates) behind carbon’s relationship with humans and the environment. :slight_smile:

Swissdictator:

My responses to conspiracy theories:

Video 1

Video 2 (shorter and funnier)

Watch both. You’ll laugh at the insanity! More entertaining than the movie! :stuck_out_tongue:

Warhammerman:

I'm not going to go on about it any further. I gave you plenty of reading material. And there's loads more where that came from. The truth is out there. You just have too look outside of the mainstream media machine, UN (global government prototype) sanctioned propaganda, and look at the real science (not fear-mongering opinions and guesstimates) behind carbon's relationship with humans and the environment. :)

CheTralfara
Your truth is different than my truth or anyone's truth. As a matter of fact I would say our truths are so demented that their is no 'right' truth. I think we can all agree that we can't handle the truth so we choose to believe our own truths. :cheers

CheTralfara:

Amen to chaos. The only constant is change.

In regards to those videos you posted… it’s easy to find some doofus who takes conspiracy research to a whole new level of paranoia and the realm of “theory”, aliens, lizard people, religious ideology, etc…

It’s much harder to take the time to actually look into how deeply we’ve been manipulated into believing this is freedom.

Those videos apparently talk about the Steve Jackson card game published in 1981. These are actual cards from that game… Try to tell me these aren’t creepy!

CheTralfara:

Coincidence? or hidden messages? Either way, creepy. All published pre-911.

This first one’s barcode ends in “911”… (notice smoke positioning)

cornixt:

WTC a bit of an obvious target though. Half of those aren’t actually the WTC, one is Seattle and another is Chicago, some are just vague skyscrapers. Humans are fascinating, seeing patterns and links everywhere.

CheTralfara:

I was merely pointing them out as interesting coincidences.

On the subject of “kooks” giving conspiracy research a bad name.

Check out this article…

Obama Information Czar Outlined Plan For Government To Infiltrate Conspiracy Groups
(yes, it’s from prison planet, but everything is sourced and documented)

Why is the US government spending tax dollars to infiltrate and conspiracy groups, and portray them as nutjobs, if there is no actual conspiracy to hide?

Swissdictator:

Why is the US government spending tax dollars to infiltrate and conspiracy groups, and portray them as nutjobs, if there is no actual conspiracy to hide?

CheTralfara
Safer than infiltrating real problems, boredom, training, and the occasional practical joke.

If they were capable of such conspiracies they'd eliminate them. Plus look what happens when they do try and conspire... stupid Brutus... never should have listened to Cassius.

CheTralfara:

Plus look what happens when they do try and conspire

It's not pretty. I know.

If anyone truly honestly is naive enough to believe major highly organized conspiracies do not occur on the geo-political level, then they haven't been following world history.. and would really benefit from turning off the tv.

I can easily provide undisputed documented history of such conspiracies occurring all throughout (particularly U.S.) history, all extremely sinister in intent and execution.

I have no problem sharing said documents with interested parties. I don't waste time with "theory".

Swissdictator:

Che, please… no blanket statements.

I have a degree in history and political science. Pretty much everyone in the field, regardless of political leanings thinks conspiracy theories are just a result of looking for possible supposed connections.

Conspiracy theories are, in my field, generally regarded in the same way cults are. As coincidence can’t be accepted, and there are many interesting parallels towards blind faith. Evidence is shoved away as “a likely story”.

Conspiracies tend to work best with small groups, such as in the case of the Lincoln Assassination. The bigger the conspiracy the more room for error. Plain and simple. That’s why Watergate went bonkers. Nixon wasn’t even originally involved, until the cover up, and he ended up going down as a result.

Please Che, while you may or may not be smart (I have no idea as I don’t know you), even if you are smart… don’t assume that just because people disagree that they are somehow naive or stupid. I worked hard for my degree, and take great insult that I am somehow “naive” and have my foundation in history and politics in “tv”.  I didn’t take 48 credits of history classes and 36 credits of political science credits in front of a TV!

Also “undisputed” is such a poor term as if you were familiar with the field of history, political science, economics, etc… you would know that things are constantly debated. Even the generally accepted details. Most “conspiracies” are ignored or misunderstood as such as people tend to look skin deep. Winston Churchill and Roosevelt could have been considered to be “conspiring”, and yes I have read their correspondences. Yet most people don’t view that as sinister, or as a conspiracy. Some do see it as a conspiracy. The Big Three meeting at Yalta or Potsdam is a conspiracy… deciding what to do in the post world war is a "conspiracy’… but it was also smart to have a "what do we do when it’s over’’ plan.

As inept as the government is, in most countries… I fail to see how such grandiose conspiracies are practical. Sitting here, right now… if I had been an evil mastermind with the power needed for such a conspiracy theory… and was ruling the USA… I can tell you how I would have effectively used 9/11 for a greater gain that would have the USA looking good globally… have a united populace to this day… have UN support as we’d appear (and likely be) on a legitimate humanitarian mission… and have us filthy rich… while stretching our resources far less than we have. It might sound strange, evil, or crazy I would have thought along those lines… but it does wonders in showing the flaws in such conspiracy theories. It’s the cold historians way of saying “this is why that isn’t logical as x didn’t result or preceed said event”.

You also operate under the assumption that the conspirators have the ability to predict how the rest of the world (or country depending on time period) would react to said conspiracy. This is why the ones that DID happen sometimes failed. When Booth shot Lincoln, many in the south were disgusted and hated him for it. Even the parts not under Union control. He expected to be received as a savior… but was largely rejected. This is why many “conspiracies” are not grandiose, or not surprising when revealed (IE The Soviets wanting a buffer zone as they had been at war with Germany two times in thirty years)… even if there might be ulterior motives.

So please… don’t insult me by assuming that you’re the sole source of knowledge on these things.