[Archive] Bas' Big Hat Blog

JMR:

I’m a big fan of your cannon conversion, Bas. Can you tell what pieces you’ve used for the sides of the chassis? It looks familiar, but I can’t put my finger on it.

If I had the money, I’d buy all sorts of warmachines just for the bits and convert up some crazy inventions!

Bassman:

How you made the carriage? Plasticard?

Skink:

Inventive convertion. The chassis is 100% win!!!

bas_2312:

I'm a big fan of your cannon conversion, Bas. Can you tell what pieces you've used for the sides of the chassis? It looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

JMR
How you made the carriage? Plasticard?

Bassman
Yeah, the carriage is all plasticard, but it's based on the Death Rocket carriage so that might be why it looks familiar.

Bolg:

That work in progress pic is just awesome! you are mad to sick on all those rivets!

painting the chaosy bits flesh tone gives a real creepy (and great) result, to bad the pics aren’t that well lit.

Phédon:

Your hellcannon is great, I like this new chassis !

bas_2312:

Hi guys,

It’s time for a CDO brainstorm session!

After some time I finally worked out an army with the Tamurkhan list I like, so I’m really motivated to work on my Chaos Dwarfs again! In my army I’ve included a unit of Ironsworn (the Special choice warriors) as it seemed like a cool modelling opportunity. The only problem is I don’t really know how to start on them and I figured you might have some ideas. I want to use the normal Big Hat warriors as a base and I’m going to replace their weapons with something smaller. After that I’m stuck. It would be cool to do something with their hats, but I don’t know what.

So here’s where I need you, tell me all your great ideas!

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Flaming hats! Or flaming faces on the hats! Or super-tall hats!! Or hats with trophies hanging on them!!! Or…

Grimbold Blackhammer

Chico:

How about a hat with a mask, like the DR crew.

CopperPot:

Cool cannon dude love it.

Bolg:

I’m liking the idea of extra tall hats…

bas_2312:

Well, I’ve made my first Ironsworn, and it’s ready to be painted. With the summerweather I haven’t really been in the mood for painting however, so I decided to put together another essential unit for my army; my Hobgoblin Archers:

I used some of the new plastic wolves as unitfillers, and I especially like the look of this guy:

So they can be used in battle, and are ready for some paint. Oh, and I had an issue you guys could help me with. I use these guys with shields, but there’s not really a cool way to attach shields to the mini’s. I figured I could maybe add something to the movementtray to show they have shields and make them WYSIWYG. Any ideas?

Up next: maybe some paint? Or some more assembly? Or maybe even the Destroyer I started to work on?

Karring:

Painting, painting…

I have just fall in love with that filler. Brilliant

Bolg:

Oeh updates! Paint at night, less hot (:

I love the new fillers. for your next project, maybe start on the Destroyer, seeing your other conversions I’m really looking forward to that.

CopperPot:

Great army shot at the start wish I had so many hobos.

Great taurus 2000:

Awesome iron Deamon conversion:D! I love your big hat army (especially the giant)!!! Wish that I had a collection like that;)

Admiral:

Fine wolf riders! Perhaps you could add wicker pavise shields to the front of the movement tray, akin to this: Michigan Toy Soldier Company : -
Or this: SEIL SH54048. Crossbowman with Shield, XIV-XV century.

The square Goblin wicker shields might work fine, although you will probably get problems with ranking up the champion behind the pavise wall due to the oustretched axe hand. You could also consider adding bowstrings if possible to complete the look of the archers.

bas_2312:

Still not really in the mood for painting, so I started work on my Destroyer. So here’s the first WIP:

It’s going to be a statue of a Big hat warrior with flames like Forgeworlds K’daii, and it’s going to be huge!

Of course it will get a nice curly beard, and I think I should place the hat a little lower… And what do you guys think, mustache to make it look like a big Chaos Dwarf warrior, or no mustache like the Lammasu?

Bonus internet-cookie for the first one to guess where I got the hat from!

Bolg:

Wow, that’s a great sculpt! you are getting better and better.

I think lamasu beard but I’m not sure.

CopperPot:

Awesome…love it so far.