[Archive] Bas' Big Hat Blog

bas_2312:

I started work on its beard. I have to say I really like his mustache-less look for now.

For now I’m working on its hands so I can work out the pose. After that I’ll probably fix the basic shape, so the fun detail stuff has got to wait for a while…

Skink:

Love the beard! And sorry, no self respecting Big Hat statute can do without a nice pointy mustache!

Is it going to be a quadrupedal monster (like some sort of wing-less Lammasu) or standing on his feet? (perhaps holding a HUGE axe?)

Abyssal_Terror_:

Amazing sculpting skills you have!

I agree with Skink, pointy mustache would be perfect.

Karring:

I started work on its beard. I have to say I really like his mustache-less look for now.

bas_2312
Agree

French_noodle:

i think it is because your work is really, really cool.

But i'm sure a moustache would make it even greater.

bas_2312:

Hi guys,

Just a little update to show I’m still working on this.

At the moment I’m working out his basic body. I have an armature and have spend half a pack of Milliput on his body so far. This is going to be a huge guy…

I’m going to keep the body a secret for now until I’ve worked out the proportions, so here’s a small part of him. High five… erw… three…!

Bolg:

Looking forward to the next update!!

Bassman:

So cool! Why don’t you use styrofoam for the filling and wire as a inner reinforcement? Styrofoam would make it ligher and costs nothing.

Said this, go with the moustache! Man, do really think a dwarf could hang around without moustaches?

Engra1980:

God… I think we might had the same idea man… that means that Hashut is indicating the path…

Anyway i’ve seen your works… simply awesome… i’m looking forward to see the updates…

Engra

bas_2312:

Finally I’ve something new to show! It’s been a while, and my Destroyer is still in the same state, but I’ve turned my attention to some Hobgoblins. So here’s a unit I’ll never use: Hobgoblin wolfboys!

I just love the new Fenrisian Wolves… they add so much movement to the models! Here’s a comparison with some of the older wolves just to show what a difference it makes.

(I’ll make some better pics later in the sunlight…)

Singleton Mosby:

Finally I've something new to show! It's been a while, and my Destroyer is still in the same state, but I've turned my attention to some Hobgoblins. So here's a unit I'll never use: Hobgoblin wolfboys!

bas_2312
That looks completely amazing Bas! Funny thing is I just finished my first of them today as well. :yar

Karring:

Finally I've something new to show! It's been a while, and my Destroyer is still in the same state, but I've turned my attention to some Hobgoblins. So here's a unit I'll never use: Hobgoblin wolfboys!

bas_2312
That looks completely amazing Bas! Funny thing is I just finished my first of them today as well. :yar

Singleton Mosby
+1

Bolg:

They are looking so much better that the original! great work

Singleton Mosby:

They are looking so much better that the original! great work

Bolg
Completely true. I love the action and motion of these wolves. With some riders it might not work as they are too 'stern' but the hobos are perfect for them.

Kera foehunter:

your paint job is very very great on the wolves and riders Yea…

DAGabriel:

I think you just convinced me that I need them, too. Great work.

tjub:

Thumbs up!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

bas_2312:

Thanks guys! And now for some more Hobgoblins! I’ve actually had a unit of 30 Archers finished for more than a month now, but since I entered them in the Brush Slave and Golden Hat I wasn’t allowed to show them until now! I still have to make a picture of the entire unit, but for now here are the Brush Slave and Golden Hat pics:

Up next might be some actual Big Hats! ;o

DAGabriel:

I really will have to get these wolves, they are much better than the original ones.

Love that basing!

Skink:

Fantabulous job on these!!! Why don’t you post pics of the 30 men unit???

Also, what’s the current status of the Destroyer?