[Archive] Big hats, Big noses and big....shoes!

I.P.:

Lucky I had them spare!

Finished the hero now:

The armour didn’t come out too well but never mind :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

wow that’s some old bottles of citadels paints

the paint job look great love the non lava base

I.P.:

Ha ha I only seem to use up new pots of paint!

I like lava bases but wanted something a little different and that would blend in with my terrain a bit more…maybe a bit too much green though  :o

Did some more work on the next Bull centaur…a horrible amount of pining involved and then I forgot to shorten its legs x.x

:

Kera foehunter:

it look great!!! i pin everything ! yea the legs look a little long and skinny

Braki Flamebeard:

Nice work on everything. What do you use for cutting the pins off? I use the same pins and used a dremmel to do it. Also have you thought about boring out the middle of the pin for the blunderbussiers? Just to give it a bowl effect. Not sure how you would do that but it might look better. Love the idea for using the old minis, although I could never bring myself to cut them up lol.

Love the centaurs, the back banner idea is brilliant and plenty of beard for Hashuts chosen.

Looking forward to more pics :hat off

Sargoth The Enslaver:

HOLY CRAP!Now that is a big hat!:o I am a hat and masy guy my self so I see no probs,good work man.But I think it would have looked better a little smaller and if it was the other way round.

But still good work man:hat off

wallacer:

Nice work. The poles on the back look good (and also rather familiar although I can’t place them off the top of my head).

I.P.:

Hi everyone

Sorry for the late reply…real world catching up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Braki Flamebeard - that sounds like a really good idea, and would really improve the blunderbusses, but I don’t have a dremel x.x While I’m a fan of the old metal minis I never really liked the plastic ones so putting them under the choppa wasn’t too hard.

Sargoth The Enslaver - the big hattiness is down to two things:

1) the pins come that way and I’m lazy, and

2) CDs believe hat size is directly proportional to the size of their…somethings…so they naturally want them to look…big:D

wallacer - the poles are off a Beastman special character, the one who rides around on a chariot I think…Gahagoth, Ghargath or something, they’re not too creative with names!

I.P.:

Well my exams are done now so I can return to the Dark Lands and climb up the ziggurat!

Painting up a unit of blunderbusses:

I swapped out the red for foundation (jut for ease of painting). I tried Khermi brown but it was a little flat so I’ve stuck with Dark Flesh for the pouches and such.

I Hoped to get these finished last week but its been all 40k all the time for the last week 'cause my new free time coincided with one of my old friend having a week off…cue 25 hours of 40k (and a half hour argument over pinning - I can be a bit of a dick sometimes :hat off ). Therefore (for both of the above!) I’m painting up my (cheesey, cheesey) Eldar:

(Don’t worry - all CD form now on!)

Khunag:

This army is so much fun. love it :cheers

turquois dwarf:

I havnt seen these before! I realy like them especialy the bull centaurs!

EDIT: good blog title as well!

I.P.:

Cheers :slight_smile: Even if I did steal the best ideas…mine mine mine…all for IP!

I’m aiming to have this unit done by tomorrow morning but its difficult because the Eldar can fly around at eye level, following me around the house and pestering me for paint. The CDs only have their stumpy little legs and nets, they can’t even make it down the stairs! But seriously - I need to get some games of Warhammer in to get the square base juices flowing, downloading some podhammer (Jeffs back - yay! :smiley: ) so that’ll help.

I’ll get some complete (unpainted) army pics up in the next few days too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I.P.:

Done and based:

I used a brown static grass instead of green so it looks more wasteland-y…but the slate made them very dusty :frowning:

turquois dwarf:

very nice! I quite like the dusty look.

Kera foehunter:

i like the non lava baces!!

Willmark:

How many points for the eldar in the background, I don’t think even a chaos warrior could stand up to their firepower!

I.P.:

Thanks everyone!

turquois dwarf - that’s lucky because now its impossible to shift!  

Kera foehunter - I thought about lava bases, there are some beautiful ones on this site, but I though they were too much effort - I’m very, very lazy!  :P  

Willmark - The Eldar troops in the background would be about 150 points - and pump out an amazing amount of firepower…unless their transport gets shot down on the way in as it did last game x.x. Its a pretty small army - the transports eat up a third of the points!

Shots of lots of unpainted CDs:

CDs:

Greenskins:

Lots of old/bad models that I already have and are therefore free (that’s how I choose to look at it anyway…)

and then because I don’t want to paint any more but want to post stuff:

Tiny Vampire Counts army:

I.P.:

…and because I’m really bored (or as I like to call it “look at all my toys in order to validate my lead mountain”):

Imperial guard:

Epic scale (6mm) Tyranids and Tau:

28mm Tau:

cornixt:

A whole unit of Heroquest Orcs! Also nice to see the old 4th ed plastics, mine occasionally make an appearance in larger battles

Canix:

Love the CD conversion ideas for the blunderbussess and a nice dark colourscheme (like mine).Using old minis for free troops is a must, i have 75 pre slotta orcs in my CD army.

Totally understand about the Eldar i have been trying to get stuck into my 3rd ed CD all year but my seer council followed by wave serpents and vypers keeps intercepting my paintbrush :hat