[Archive] Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of Azgorh

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

Hello there - new to the site, and I will be chronicling my legion’s rise to power!  

EDIT: I am also a (fairly) competitive AoS gamer, so I will also be documenting the Legion’s battles throughout the realms.

Here’s what I have so far:

1 Drazhoath The Ashen

1 Shar’tor The Executioner

1 Infernal Guard Castellan

1 Infernal Guard Standard Bearer

3 Daemonsmith

2 Bull Centaur Taur’uk

80 Infernal Guard Ironsworn

60 Infernal Guard Fireglaives

12 Bull Centaur Renders

6 K’daai Fireborn

2 Iron Daemon War Engine

1 Skullcracker War Engine

2 Deathshrieker Rocket Launchers

4 Magma Cannons

1 Dreadquake Mortar

I will try to upload more pictures as the project progresses, but here’s a dynamic shot of Drazhoath:

Updated 5/15/16:

[attachment=5355]

And a Daemonsmith:

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Willmark:

Welcome to the site, look forward to seeing your army’s progress.

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

Welcome to the site, look forward to seeing your army's progress.

Willmark
Thank you, sir.

Helblindi:

Welcome. Those models look great!!

Carcearion:

Really excellent flame effects! and source lighting to boot! Welcome to the site.

:cheers

Jackswift:

Welcome. A very interesting palette and style on those first model. Will be keeping an eye on your blog.

Abecedar:

Yes, welcome. Your force roster looks almost full. You just need some slaves

Murkwood:

Going to be one hell of a force. Look forward to more.

Zaramuskharaz:

Looks great!

I specially like the way you painted their eyes/skin. I had considered that before setting with the usual ‘caucasian’ flesh tones since my Bull Centaurs were already painted that way, but I really like the dark and mutated skin tones.

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

Thank you all! :cheers

Looking forward to finishing the project. I only have 1 army and that’s all I will most likely every have - so I will pour my heart and soul into the detail over the next year or two! :hat off

TheHoodedMan:

That`s a huge army already.

Your painting style is very impressive, I like the contrast between the dark and the fire colors.

Good luck for your next paint jobs!:cheers

Bloodbeard:

That’s a pretty grim looking paintjob on those two prophets. So evil! Please upload more photos of your models.

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

That's a pretty grim looking paintjob on those two prophets. So evil! Please upload more photos of your models.

Bloodbeard
I shall, once I get the rest of my army back (I left it at a family member's home). Thank you for the kind comments!

Pappa Midnight:

Excellent stuff. I love the dark gritty look in conjunction with the flame effects.

PM

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

I posted this in a separate chaos dwarf page, but curious as to opinions on here - which armor scheme do you guys favor?  I’m going into detail highlighting my army and applying layers and going to freehand runes on trim/shields/legplates.  I just need to settle on a color scheme.  The black armor used is Vallejo Black Metal over a nuln oiled leadbelcher base + abaddon black, while re-tracing the edges with ironbreaker and drybrushing a little necron compound.  Hard to tell from my poor camera.  Shaded bronze with hashut copper highlights on the buckles.

[attachment=5286]

Carcearion:

To my taste I much prefer the black metal effect, I think it has a richer and more unique look to it then the steel.

I don’t really have a technical basis for my preference here, I just prefer darker color schemes overall.

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

Thank you. I was thinking of going with an edge-highlighted black armor scheme, with contrast mostly from the glowing runes on the shoulders, freehanded on the trim below the scales, and on the shield. I already have some glowing barrels on the fireglaives, and subtle copper highlights on the trim.

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

Some still shot from a failed battle for my Legion in which I forgot to bring my artillery with me :(  should be having a win sometime soon, since it seems I lose every time I visit these guys and try a cruddy list!

Abecedar:

The look good, better than my take on the dark style scheme.

Typical when you travel to play, you always forget something.

At my first (and only) tournament I forgot the movement trays and had to quickly cut some out of a beer carton

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

The look good, better than my take on the dark style scheme.
Typical when you travel to play, you always forget something.  
At my first (and only) tournament I forgot the movement trays and had to quickly cut some out of a beer carton

Abecedar
Thank ya, sir :hat off

Yep, the details/highlighting are not up to snuff yet (I wanna get all my stuff basecoated first before crazy detailing), but they are basecoated and detailed enough to look good on the table from a distance, imo.   2000-2500pt game coming up in the coming weeks.

I also picked up an additional:

50 Ironsworn
20 Fireglaives
2 Magma cannons
6 Bull Centaurs
2 Tauruks
3 Daemonsmiths

They were being sold secondhand and unassembled for a very large discount (30%) from retail from a collector who did not want to assemble them!