[Archive] Black Orcs?

Willmark:

What is your take on Black Orcs?

Don’t leave without them, waste of points, sole focus of an opponents efforts, etc…

For me it looks like a detachment of 20 will be coming my way. Only problem is I’m not sure I like any of the figures for Black Orcs dating back to 4th edition.

UPDATE: Sorry didn’t see this thread! :o

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5666

metro_gnome:

this thread is more appropriate:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6223

blorcs suck… get big 'uns…

torn:

i love black orcs, probably because im trying to run a mainly infantry army and they are good general purpose infantry, and not TOO expensive. then again im keeping regular greenkins out ( i dont like any orc or goblin models produced since GW hired brian nelson).

wallacer:

Personally, I would never use them (although I do love the figures).

Pyro Stick:

Im thinking about buying one of the new box sets. I quite like the minis (better than all other orcs anyway) and i have been told to get some for my CD’s. If they arent that good ill just use them in my Night Goblin army im planning on building for a bit of fun.

Traitor King:

Well, not being the most competetive gamer, I would say Blorcs.

The models own, and they’re quite fluffy.

Tallhat:

Id go for them. Lovely models and as Traitor King said, very fluffy.

- Tallhat

Willmark:

Thats a the funny thing; I for some reason have never really liked any of the Black Orc figures going waaayy back…

Colzey:

In 6th ed I used to run a unit of 12 for a more supporting role and they quelled animosity (best thing ever!!!) Though now I very rarely bring them out. Will give them another go in the near futre an see if my tastes have changed and mix it up a bit. 2 units of standard orcs are better IMHO.

Cheers,

MAtty :slight_smile:

Tallhat:

Thats a the funny thing; I for some reason have never really liked any of the Black Orc figures going waaayy back....

Willmark
The very first of them were horrible... urrrghhh.... :sick

- Tallhat