[Archive] Blazing Body Ruling

Madrigal:

Good morning all,

I apologize if this has been officially answered elsewhere around here(and I know there is an FAQ pending) but as I had a tournament this weekend I e-mail FW about the rules for blazing body in terms of S4 being able to wound the K’daii on a 6 or not.

This was the response I received this morning

Hi there.

The rules for the Blazing body are meant to be played as they are written so it is possible to not be able to wound it with a low enough strength.

Thanks

Tris Buckroyd
So apparently it is in fact as strong as we think it is, just thought I would share with the group.

Cheers,

Madrigal

Vogon:

Well that is interesting and a welcome clarification.

Cheers

Vogon

nilbog:

Excellent news, thanks. I played against ogres (nearly all S4) last week and played it like that (after dicing off) - he wasn’t happy about not being able to wound it with his rock hard monstrous infantry!

rabotak:

ooh i must say that this came unexpected. … nice… can’t await the FAQ, it’ll be nice to have this and all other clarifications on an official print out…

Galladorn:

Printed, stored in my Tamurkhan book, and ready to present to my opponents upon request.

Skink:

…I wonder if they playtested the thing.

jebilo:

it is only like they used to play during the 6th edition, with treemen :wink:

zhatan87:

A welcome clarification.

And RAW…

…I wonder if they playtested the thing.
It’s exactly the rule of the great taurus in the SoM book… Rule written by GW…

Skink:

A welcome clarification.
And RAW...
...I wonder if they playtested the thing.
It's exactly the rule of the great taurus in the SoM book... Rule written by GW...

zhatan87
...Applyed to a huge bull the size of an Arachnarok spider?

Thommy H:

Irrelevant: the “Blazing Body” rule wasn’t invented by the FW studio, it comes from Storm of Magic, written by the main GW studio. Until they FAQ it, it’s open for interpretation.

Baggronor:

Wow. That’s an awful idea. I suggest they try actually playing a game with the Destroyer. Massed S3/4 shooting is the best way (and only way for some armies) to kill it and is perfectly fair - if it can’t be harmed by less than Str 5, it is officially the most broken thing in Warhammer. By a mile.

It’s exactly the rule of the great taurus in the SoM book… Rule written by GW…
Yeah, but the Taurus is T5 and doesn’t have a ward save or between 7 and 9 attacks…

Thommy H:

And, again, to reiterate points made in another thread: how are Wood Elves meant to kill this thing if this is how it’s played? Since their whole schtick is Strength 3 shooting (to the extent that all their non-Spirit characters - even spellcasters - get free longbows) doesn’t it essentially render them moot against Chaos Dwarfs? You might as well introduce a monster that is “immune to Undead” or something.

jebilo:

with treeman … the only chance, because nothing has F5 excepted treeman and … I don t know their name in english … small treemen with F5 …

you can use magic missiles, because with magic missiles, you hav not the -1 counter to injury ^^ loool :smiley:

Thommy H:

And what happens to the Daemon army that comes up against a monster that’s “immune to magical attacks” or the Skaven army that comes up against a monster that can’t be harmed by anything with M5 or higher? These fictional examples are no more extreme than this ruling.

It’s just too powerful. It literally breaks the game by making whole armies impotent. They haven’t thought it through and, while it’s acceptable to have a rule that works this way for one monster that you can only take two of in the kind of game that has Cataclysm spells flying around, it’s not going to work on what is already a powerful centrepiece model for ordinary games.

But that’s fine, because FW don’t get to decide how Blazing Body works any more than they get to decide how Steadfast or Impact Hits work. It’s not their rule.

jebilo:

hhééé, he can loose fight …

no luck with attacks … fail dice roll, flee … dead …

what can he do if he is blocked by a unit of 50 gobs ? …

:smiley:

it is not new in the game that creatures can t be injuried, it is only new since 6th edition ^^

by the past, I played wood elves, and I could not kill the blooddrinker, who was a flyer … you sqeez buttocks (french translation ^^) and you kill anything else you can in the army

RTMaitreya:

with treeman ... the only chance, because nothing has F5 excepted treeman and ... I don t know their name in english ... small treemen with F5 ...

you can use magic missiles, because with magic missiles, you hav not the -1 counter to injury ^^ loool :D

jebilo
As soon as anyone finds a Wood Elf army that doesn't include two treemen, let me know. Until then, these are just crocodile tears for the poor, poor, broken Wood Elves.

jebilo:

a hero with a magic weapon (in HtH) can injury it too ^^) wardancers heroes :wink: and so on, hard but can be done

Thommy H:

Metagame excuses aren’t helpful. My wife’s army has one Treeman because she only owns one Treeman model. If you have to tailor your list to beat it, it has no place in Warhammer.

Baggronor:

no luck with attacks ... fail dice roll, flee .. dead ...
He doesn't flee, he's unbreakable. Read the rules. He also gets auto flaming hits and thunderstomp, so is extremely unlikely to lose to a regular unit.
what can he do if he is blocked by a unit of 50 gobs ? ...
Kill them in 4 rounds of combat, obviously. He does auto hits on them, then has 7-9 attacks, then thunderstomp. He'll kill, like, 12 a turn. That's assuming he isn't supported by anything else and that the goblins pass all their break tests. That leaves him with half the game to wreck your army, which is easily enough. Not to mention he's M9, so good luck pinning him down with M4 infantry...

This is not good for CDs, we don't want a reputation for this kind of thing.

Thommy H:

Haha, he’s M9? Stupid.