[Archive] Blood Moon Dwarfs

clam:

http://www.frothersunite.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23400&sid=0499273cee7bc89311dcf1e882245dad

Blood Moon Miniatures seems to be planning on doing some dwarfs - they are rather evil looking.

22-23mm to the eye - 25mm to the top.

Will probably become available early next year:

Hammers:

Axemen:

Alfract:

some of those would be sweet for immortals

CheTralfara:

kinda amateur, no?

they just look very blocky to me…

not very dwarven proportions at all…
they look like short humans instead of dwarfs.

they are still better than i could do!

Zanko:

I agree with CheTralfara!

The minis look indeed very blocky and rigid. They are not dynamic enough!

Nevertheless they seem to have potential.

I’m eager to see the finished and released ones and perhaps newer ones will become much more cooler!

:hashut

Thommy H:

Nope, sorry. The guy who does Blood Moon seems to have put all his effort into learning how to smooth green stuff when he should have been brushing up on basic sculpting skills and anatomy.

Botlé:

they kinda look like playmobil

Hazkar:

my thought was lego

they could be statues in a terrain piece,but for warriors…no

but i have to say the gs work is well done

Thorne:

my thought was lego

Hazkar
Indeed having just come back from legoland they do remind me a great deal of the dwarf stuff they have in the gift shops.

Grimstonefire:

The bulk of the models are not that bad actually, but the heads and beards are not to my tastes.

Difficult to tell, but judging by the legs and heads I think those must be quite tall models for dwarfs.

Father Grumpmas:

They are still kind of cool but not sure how well they would mix with other figures - maybe the older marauder ones, which are a bit more heavily armored than the citadel ones.

Sjoerdo:

These guys do muscle very well, but the armour is terrible.

If a dwarf would actually wear some of those helmets he would need a 3 feet long neck…

Too soft on the detail, and posing is very stiff, even beack in the eigthies these would have been just meh…

Have sch better Chaos Dwarfs come out lately!

Gar Shadowfame:

indyvidual pieces of the models are not soo bad, but overall look i wrong, its like going back 25 years with new technology,

snowblizz:

my thought was lego

Hazkar
Indeed having just come back from legoland they do remind me a great deal of the dwarf stuff they have in the gift shops.

Thorne
+1 for the Lego-look. Exactly my thoughts.

black hammer:

They do look basic and blocky like leggos, but personally I think it’s better than sculpters who try to go for a really detailed and realistic look but aren’t very good at it.

slev:

The guys at Bloodmoon have said publicly that they’re doing everything a little-bit retro, and this would match that ethos entirely.

I’m also very tempted to give them even more of my money now…

Gar Shadowfame:

i would expect more for my money, so unless these will be very cheap i wount buy them as conversions material.

Sjoerdo:

The guys at Bloodmoon have said publicly that they're doing everything a little-bit retro, and this would match that ethos entirely.

slev
The 3rd edition Citadel chaos dwarf miniatures by the Perry's or the Marauder chaos dwarfs by Aly Morisson are WWWWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYY better than this lot.

Captain Crayon:

I reckon they’re awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

clam:

The guys at Bloodmoon have said publicly that they're doing everything a little-bit retro, and this would match that ethos entirely.

slev
The 3rd edition Citadel chaos dwarf miniatures by the Perry's or the Marauder chaos dwarfs by Aly Morisson are WWWWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYY better than this lot.

Sjoerdo
Not to talk about those Twisted Tales/Dwarves of Myth ones - made by the very talented sculptor Sjoerd Trouwee ;)

- best retro 3rds/Marauders out their. Sadly, we haven't seen news from this guy - in a looooooooooooooong time :D

Warhammerman:

Some sort of have awkward positions. But, they are very awesome indeed.