[Archive] Bloodbowl special event card

Dînadan:

Just spotted this on FB:

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=340772426288538&id=219720111727104

Don’t know if it’s already been shown, but it sounds like the new BB will have a CCG element to it, with players playing cards during play to enhance their teams and some cards being limited edition or event exclusive.

Edit:

From the same post:

For all those wondering, the base game comes with the Random Events and Misc. Mayhem decks of cards from the Inducements section of the rules. In the base game when playing one-off games each player is allowed a D3 cards randomly selected from the decks to use in the game to “mix things up”. Neat for one-offs, not for league/tournaments. The hope is that the rest of the decks (Special Plays, Magic Items, Desparate Measures, et.al.) will come with a later “Death Zone” release which will include full league/tournament rules as it appears the base game will not come with them. All of this info has been gleaned from the new site and previous posts on this page and a minimum of rumours/wishful thinking.

Bloodbeard:

I think it’s a brilliant idea from Games Workshop. And it seems like they area opening up for supporting the fan community a bit more as well.

The fact that they shared a photo of the EuroBowl winners is a big step forward. Perhaps we’ll even see Games Workshop make mayhem cards for something like that as well.

Rebooting Bloodbowl is a great thing! The box content is amazing and their use of facebook posts has been great.

tjub:

Jupp, I can only agree with Blood Beard. Long time BB-player and even though the game is great as it is Im really looking forward to this new boost and to see what they are able to bring to the table. The core rules stays the same, exclusion of the 3 “new” teams though and some kind of update to the league play is to expect. But that doesn’t matter too much since it more common that each league got its own league/house rules anyway. Ill be getting both the core box as well as Death Zone on the day of the release for sure!

tjub:

I think it's a brilliant idea from Games Workshop. And it seems like they area opening up for supporting the fan community a bit more as well.

The fact that they shared a photo of the EuroBowl winners is a big step forward. Perhaps we'll even see Games Workshop make mayhem cards for something like that as well.

Rebooting Bloodbowl is a great thing! The box content is amazing and their use of facebook posts has been great.

Bloodbeard
...only thing the didn't get right was the number och coaches. Post said 100, we were 218. EuroBowl this year was without doubt the best event Ive attend so far!:cheers :hat off

Herby:

AT LAST!

We have a date, Bob!

I�?Tm flattered, Jim, but I see you more as a friend.

No Bob, for the new season of Blood Bowl. Up for pre-order on November 12th �?" amazing news for any fan of this, greatest of games.

�?" Jim & Bob

cornixt:

Don't know if it's already been shown, but it sounds like the new BB will have a CCG element to it, with players playing cards during play to enhance their teams and some cards being limited edition or event exclusive.

Dînadan
Sounds more like a regular promo card to me, not unusual for any modern card game.

I've got two new BB opponents now - it's great when your kids grow up as gamers.

Bitterman:

They’ve put up the contents of the Season 1 DeathZone expansion:

http://www.bloodbowl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/DZ-contents.pdf

…in which we learn that “all-new” teams include Skaven, Dwarfs, High Elves and Dark Elves, all of which used to be part of the basic six. Presumably then, the new main box contains only Humans and Orcs.

New Blood Bowl contains far fewer teams than the old Blood Bowl, and even with the first expansion (still loads of teams missing from DZ 1 according to that contents page) it’s still nowhere near parity? (Looks like at least three or four “seasons” will be needed to catch up to the old LRB.) Well, I’m shocked. Truly shocked.

Slavemaster Hod:

Can’t wait for this. I started a human team a bit ago, and this should give me the drive to finish it.

cornixt:

Nurgle teams but no regular Chaos teams? Why does Nurgle get such prominence in all forms of Blood Bowl?

I wonder if they have tried to even out some of the teams or left them the same as in the LRB.

tjub:

Nurgle teams but no regular Chaos teams? Why does Nurgle get such prominence in all forms of Blood Bowl?

I wonder if they have tried to even out some of the teams or left them the same as in the LRB.

cornixt
I do hope the teams are still tiered as before. Big part of the game...

cornixt:

I don’t mind there being tiered teams as long as it is noted - I complained way back and a note appeared in the next update of the rules :slight_smile:

I wonder if they have held back Chaos and Chaos Dwarf teams for an expansion. No sign of any Undead teams either - it’s not looking good for the teams I have, only humans and Orcs have made the cut. So many fricking elf teams, it’s half the list!

Bitterman:

AFAICT rules changes are minimal, possibly zero (in the main game anyway - not sure about leagues yet). Existing teams like flavours of Chaos or Undead will still be perfectly usable by the looks of things.

OTOH if they have (against all sense) made sweeping changes, it’ll be a complete waste of one of the largest sets of playtest data any board game (other than obvious exceptions like Chess) has ever had, in the form of the computer game, which is an almost-rule-for-rule recreation of the board game. I can’t see them deciding to do that… they might not print rules for some of those teams in shiny new rulebooks just yet, but nobody’s going to object to you playing with those teams.

Dînadan:

So many fricking elf teams, it's half the list!

cornixt
Just look on the bright side; if this were Bloodbowl 40,000 then 90% of the teams would be marines

;P

tjub:

I don't mind there being tiered teams as long as it is noted - I complained way back and a note appeared in the next update of the rules :)

I wonder if they have held back Chaos and Chaos Dwarf teams for an expansion. No sign of any Undead teams either - it's not looking good for the teams I have, only humans and Orcs have made the cut. So many fricking elf teams, it's half the list!

cornixt
We can only assume that there will be seasons 2,3,4 etc. ;)

Herby:

Anyone here checked the special Skaven dice?

While I was thinking about buying the whole new Blood Bowl bunch I had to find out that the Skaven dice are already gone.

Slavemaster Hod:

I’m pretty stoked about Bloodbowl. I have been working on a human team for a bit and almost have a full team. There is not much table top game playing in my area, but this is the first game in awhile that has made me want to go out and find a group to play with.

Herby:

Nobody here grabbed those dice? Ha! I’m surprised.

I should have ordererd the whole lot. But now with missing Skaven dice I’m a bit disgruntled. So the Skaven team and the add-on book have to wait and just start with the basic box.

cornixt:

The Skaven dice looked good even for those of us who don’t play Skaven. Sold out everywhere.

Herby:

I really prefer the transparent templates from the previous edition. Here comes a long bomb! Yeah! I miss that on the new one.

Does anybody know if the new range ruler has the same measurements.

If so I’m going to buy the previous templates.

cornixt:

The new board has bigger squares, so the new range ruler is proportionally bigger.