[Archive] Blue's Dwarf Throng...WIP

Abecedar:

Love the old shield with the dragon outline. T’is an absolutely lovely collection.

Willmark:

NOW THESE ARE DWARFS!

Ahem, I mean love the marauder mini line, simply epic.

Blue in VT:

NOW THESE ARE DWARFS!

Ahem, I mean love the marauder mini line, simply epic.

Willmark
:hat off

They are by far the most characterful dwarf sculpts out there...IMO...along with the MM90's of course...;P

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT:

I’ve finally gotten around to painting up a few more of my Marauder Slayers…I did this group of 5 for the Lead Painters League over at the Lead Adventure Forum and am very happy with the way they came out…7 more to do to finish the whole set.

Cheers,

Blue

clam:

Like taken out of a Marauder Miniature Catalog from the 90s. Like Ive already told you, they are bloody fantastic - and should move you up a few ranks in that league.

Blue in VT:

Howdy!  here are a few Hammerers…also from the Marauder line up… that I recently completed.

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT:

Well…I finally finished two of the 2nd Release dwarfs that White Knight was kind enough to share with me…I was very excited that a couple of armored and helmeted options were included as I think this is one area the Marauder Pikes were lacking…and here they are:

And here are two shot with the only Armored Marauder pike:

More to come in the next few days…including some 3rd release poses… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers,

Blue

clam:

Bravo, and I’m so jealous of you getting your hands on one of the first master sets. Set #1 is great, but this second set knock me of my feet. Awesome job Blue and will be looking forward following you at blogspot :wink:

Borador:

Amazing painting, simply stunning.

Bolg:

love to see these classic miniatures getting such a great paint job. thanx for charing the pictures (:

Vintagephreak:

Your painting is sweet, and the bases are sublime in that they are simple but very effective in enhancing the impact of the figure itself. Hopefully I’ll be able to take such fine pictures of my own dwarfs one day; presentation is the key.

Blue in VT:

In case you haven’t seen enough of my red and blue color scheme…here are a few more. The Sergent of the Marauder pikes…and a swivel gun.

Cheers,

Blue

Borador:

Absolutely stunning once more, the faces are done so extremely well!! The red and blue colourscheme is killer, it has a real old school feel to it (in a good way)!

So, how about an armyshot for the fans? (:

Blue in VT:

Thanks! I would love to show you an army shot…but sadly right now it is 5 of these and 3 of those and a few of the other thing…so while I have a good start on things no complete units just yet. I need to get through a few more obligations and then bear down and get some bulk done for the units.

Cheer,

Blue

Borador:

Hehe, I know that feeling.

I’ll just wait for a bit then (:

vulcanologist:

Ha me too! Finally knuckling down and finishing some units but there’s always another golden hat to steal my time not forgetting work & those meddling kids!

clam:

Dont know what to say to you any more but I give these 9/10. And why not ‘10’? Becauce if I gave you ‘10’ there would be no motivation keep one painting them :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome addition to your army, but like said before - you should try add a 3th colour to the uniform :wink:

Blue in VT:

Howdy all!

I was finally able to finish up a couple more of WK’s excellent dwarfs and thought I would share the results with you. Where the last two I posted will be worked into my existing (and ever expanding) pike block these two are the start of completely new units. This fact allowed me to be a little more adventurous with my head choices and I picked two particularly interesting options. Anyway here they are let me know what you think.

More detailed information available on my blog

Cheers,

Blue

Borador:

Oh very nice! I really like the little guy with the green in his armor, looks very good.

Are you doing different schemes for each regiment or just for some? (:

clam:

Excellent work, Blue - and liked seeing a 3th colour used :wink: And really envy you the chance trying them before they are on general sales as set #2 has a bit more character IMO.

Thought I was to see those plug in weapon choices now - did you get cold feet or something? Well I can wait for them :wink: