[Archive] Blue's Dwarf Throng...WIP

Blue in VT:

Thought I was to see those plug in weapon choices now - did you get cold feet or something? Well I can wait for them ;)

clam
The plug in weapons are done except for the shield on the one...which is making me crazy...x.x...I'm not real great with free handing so I've had to remove the paint from the shield to try again...I should have them up in a couple of days though.

Cheers,

Blue

clam:

Looking forward seeing them :slight_smile:

Skink:

Your work is nothing less than stunning (as always). Well done once again :cheers. Flawless!!!

Blue in VT:

:hat off

Here is the Hero for my Dwarf Hammerer Unit which I just finished up for the Bugman’s Brewery Painting Contest

And here he is with some of he boys…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers,

Blue

Borador:

Wow he looks amazing! Really well done! The face is so full of expression!

clam:

Nice, but you should really get back at painting white knight’s :wink:

Borador:

By the way: may i ask if you use one of those magnifying glasses with a lamp an such or painting? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

G.2:

By the way: may i ask if you use one of those magnifying glasses with a lamp an such or painting? ;P

Borador
I am sure he "cheats" somehow.....no-one should be this good. Well no-one who hasn't needed to sell their soul to the devil.

Borador:

Haha indeed G.2!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Blue in VT:

Nice, but you should really get back at painting white knight's ;)

clam
;P Yes I should...but I had to squeeze this guy in...even though I have no chance of winning the contest over at Bugman's I'm trying to do my part to keep it up and running. I promise the WK's are next...really...I mean it this time...:hat off
By the way: may i ask if you use one of those magnifying glasses with a lamp an such or painting? ;P

Borador
Nope...no magnifiers for me...just my Mark I eye balls...
I am sure he "cheats" somehow.....no-one should be this good. Well no-one who hasn't needed to sell their soul to the devil.

G.2
:hashut...soul? What soul? thats been gone for a long time...;P

:cheers

Blue

Blue in VT:

Alright…the “real” world has finally allowed me enough time to finish up the two front rank dwarf figures that WK was kind enough to share with me. These included the Plug in Sword and Shield and the Pike…The shield Icon took forever and involved removing paint from the shield at least 3 times…its still not perfect but I couldn’t look at it any more… o_o

Here they are:

And with friends:

A few more shots on my Blog.

Cheers,

Blue

Borador:

Very nice (:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

G.2:

Greatwork on the new Dwarfs. I love them. The blue and green colour scheme does work.

tjub:

There is so much character in these models, looks great… :slight_smile:

clam:

Holy… :hat off

Worth waiting for. That freehand shield is so brilliantly performed and really adds character to the guy. Looking forward see another 15 painted like that :stuck_out_tongue:

Really looking forward getting my 2 x set #2 and 2 x set #3. Pre-ordered them the other day - and Seb think they might be available any time soon now (1-2 weeks) - so exciting. Finished another 3 orange and green ones, yesterday. Will probably go into the blog tomorrow, I guess. Then just 2 left to paint in the orange and green scheme - so better come up with a new one very soon.

Blue in VT:

Here are some recently complete Marauder Dwarf Handgunners that I painted up for the July Contest over at Bugman’s

I also took a series of WIP shots of this group…see my blog for details: Blue’s Blog

Cheers,

Blue

Swissdictator:

Looks really good, nice clean and crisp colors!

You should come to Waaaghpaca with them, have a blast… and then I can see them in person. Northstar would work too. :wink:

Blue in VT:

You should come to Waaaghpaca with them, have a blast... and then I can see them in person. Northstar would work too. ;)

Swissdictator
Those sound like Cool events Swiss...however they are quite far from my neck of the woods...and I would need to have completed units...hahaha....that may happen some day!! (but I'm not holding my breath...;P)

Cheers,

Blue

clam:

As always fantastic paint job. Love them and like the use a a 3th primary colour a lot.

And a interesting blog update to. Could have wished for a more “how-to-do” walk through, no that you have bothered taking all these almost step-by-step photos :slight_smile:

Blue in VT:

Could have wished for a more "how-to-do" walk through, no that you have bothered taking all these almost step-by-step photos :)

clam
HAHA...like you need a how to from me Clam! ;P I always feel weird about doing how to threads or even running through which paints I use because many of the ones I have are as old as these figures and you can't get any more...so I'm not sure how much help such a break down would be for the average painter. If there is something in particular you would like to hear about I'd be happy to give it a try.

:cheers

Blue