[Archive] Brush Slave #2: Roll them Bones

Blue in VT:

Howdy all!

As the winner of the first Brush slave (:hat off to all) it has fallen to me to come up with a new theme for #2…so here it goes!

Theme: �?oRoll them Bones!�?�

Deadline: January 23, 2011

Rules/FAQs can be found here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8430

So…What the heck does “Roll Them Bones” mean…?

Once again I’ve tried to pick a theme that is pretty open ended here…interpret the Theme anyway you want…just try to incorporate “bones” of some form into your figure…skulls, skeletons, dice, whatever floats your boat…just get it painted…get it photographed and post your pictures here! This is really wide open…ideas that jump to my mind are…undead figures, CDs with skull masks, Any figure with bones on the base, a Space Marine Chaplin with a skull on his shoulderpad, Some figures playing Craps, a 1920’s mobster making his bones (killing someone)…etc…etc. Have fun with it!

This Thread should be used to post pics of your work…to ask questions of others for ideas etc. Just make sure we know which pictures are your “final” shots. Once again we will have 5 days of voting which will begin on January 23, 2011 and end on January 29, 2011.

:hat off for now!

Blue

dncswlf:

Awesome! Cool theme… hmmm, I think I may have something kicking around!

clam:

Looks interesting - and like you said quite open for anybody to enter :smiley:

So, CD (read: MM90) with a skull mask is next one your painting desk, I guess :slight_smile:

Ogrob:

Interesting… I may have just the thing.

Loki:

Cool idea i have something for this already in mind :slight_smile:

Blue in VT:

Looks interesting - and like you said quite open for anybody to enter :D

So, CD (read: MM90) with a skull mask is next one your painting desk, I guess :)

clam
HAHA...am I that transparent! I also have Grimdur Gutwrencher and his Bone Armor waiting to be painted....tough decision!

Cheers,

Blue

Thommy H:

Can I submit the same models again?

clam:

Nope :smiley: Have to be painted during the challenge period - or at least not show here before - but you can always paint 4 new ones :rolleyes: (or re-arrange them and take a new picture and say you’ve add another 4 to your unit - as we’ll not come and check up on you)

G.2:

Hmm… nice theme for a comp, but I am personally finding this one harder to find a appropriate model to paint. I am sure I can find something though…I will look through my pile of lead tonight.

Obsidian:

Can I submit the same models again?

Thommy H
What would be the fun in that?! :)

Cool open theme!:hat off

furrie:

Have a great idea, just have to see if I can finish on time :stuck_out_tongue:

Zanko:

Not sure that I own an appropriate model … I’m afraid not! :frowning:

Will have to search in the basement - hopefully I could find one! :~

:hashut

Zanko:

Ok … I just realized that I equipped my 3rd Templedog Rider with an appropriate shield!

So here is my entry:

:hashut

Blue in VT:

:cheers

First in!! way to go Zanko!

I haven’t even started mine yet!!

Blue

dncswlf:

Good Call Zanko… Man, I got sidetracked by the Bederkin… hmmm… gotta start slinging some paint around!!!

clam:

Throw a skull on the base - and that will do the trick :stuck_out_tongue:

Extended deadline one another painting challenge that the AC DC Mantic Dwarf won. Have finished my ‘Paint a Classic 2010’ entries (Comp. at www.miniature-heroes.com) yesterday. Picked my model for this from the lead mountain and today … the brush on Vallejo Primer has arrived - so no excuse any more. Get on with it.

Base … need a cool idea for a base …?

clam:

One week left - so should we start see what you guys have done, please.

And myself - struggling with some Otherworld Skelies - but will finish them - I promise :rolleyes:

clam:

Saddens me to see, that no one other that Zanko has done something for this one - come on guys let see what you have been painting this month. Must be someone here that have done a skull base or a bone coloured Deathwing or something else.

But to give Zanko just a bit of competition - here’s my entry for this month’s challenge.

Otherworld Skeletons I n the most wonderful sculptors by Paul Muller. Not my best, I know z but already striped twice. No time for a 3th try. I just hate painting Skelies :sick

Think, we should push the deadline for the 3th challenge. GH is up and running (But guess you all know about that ;)). Ends late February, so I’d suggest that we aim for ending Brush Slave #3 - very late March or even aim for a deadline early April. Anyone having a problem with that?

Blue in VT:

:cheers

You couldn’t tell clam…they look awesome. Mine is done I just need to get photos…I won’t be near my good photo set up before the deadline so I’m going to have to try to squeeze in a daylight shot between snow storms today…:o

So come one people lets get those pictures in!!

:hat off

Blue

Ogrob:

Never got any photos of my planned entry, it was a comission for a friend and was delivered before Christmas.