[Archive] Brush Slave #6: The Mystery Denisen from the bottom of the Box!

Abecedar:

Brush Slave #6: A Mystery Model!

It was a surprise to be offered the chance to pick the theme for Brush Slave #6. Thanks heaps Grdl. So here goes. The theme for this one will be:

"A Mystery Denizen from the bottom of the Box!"

My idea is to bring to light that model from the box that is a bit of a mystery. Something you’ve been wanting to field but never could think of the motivation to get it done or maybe just the odd duck out sitting there in your collection.

1. No restrictions on era, genre or code.
2. It has to be unconverted or at least only “minimumly” repaired to what it could have been when original. (as in a repaired or replaced tail)
3. It must be one that you think no-one else will own
4. If you think know you know where it comes from, then put forth a challenge for the others to show their knowledge (slaves on the line here)

I reckon that Sunday the 31st of July is the deadline, so "Make it so"

Rules and considerations can be found at: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=8430

G.2:

Whoohoo, I really like this one. Hurry up and finish your Golden Hat entry, and then start on this one.

… If you think know you know where it comes from, then put forth a challenge for the others to show their knowledge

Abecedar
I really like this extra part to this challange. Good job.

Bonus Slaves: I will donate 5 slaves of my own to person who enters this one first.

clam:

Looking good Abecedar.

Certainly a theme most of us can come up with something for. Good choice - and perfect excuse painting something you haven’t even considered doing.

Looking forward seeing what you guys find :slight_smile:

Bassman:

mumble, mumble… maybe I can enter with something… not so rare but well it’s just for the pleasure of painting! :smiley:

Golder Goldeater:

Count me in… WAHAHAHAHAHAHA :hashut

dncswlf:

Hmm, if all goes well, I should be done with my construction project in a week or so and I just may have found a corner to set up shop and paint… now I just have to unbury my mystery box… ooh, I have a good one! fingers crossed!

Golder Goldeater:

My entry

FREEEEDOM!

nitroglysarine:

Now to find a weird model at the bottom of the box and hope its complete!

G.2:

My entry

FREEEEDOM!

Golder Goldeater
Oh my, an entry ALREADY!!!. I havn't even started mine. Job well done.
Bonus Slaves: I will donate 5 slaves of my own to person who enters this one first.

G.2
I have just transfered 5 slaves to Golder Goldeater. Well done sir.

inkpwn:

Is that a mantic dwarf on a gw wfb orc body? Awesome!

Golder Goldeater:

Well done.

G.2
I have just transfered 5 slaves to Golder Goldeater. Well done sir.

G.2
Thanks for both!:hat off

Blue in VT:

This is a very interesting idea for a theme…sadly I have cleared out a massive out amount of my odd ball stuff over the last year…:~…and my REALLY ancient stuff is in my parents house far afar away. I’ll come up with something but not sure what it will be …yet

Blue

Loki:

Great idea, time for me to get the old scuba gear on and dive in to my bits box and have a look , have thought of 2 things so far god knows what else I will come up with when i start looking , problem will be deciding what to do

clam:

Welcome back, Loki - glad to see you found us (again) - and that you are open for a new challenge :smiley:

clam:

I’ve “suggested” a few changed to BS that will effect this challenge as we’ll leave out the voting afterwards.

I’m not doing this in at totally democratic way and run campaigns and polls etc. - but if you all say ‘no’, ‘no way’ … (or similar) we’ll leave it as is, but if you can see the idea working please tell. And by ‘all’ I mean those of you that already have or would consider taking part :slight_smile:

Go have a look here:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8430&pid=164384#pid164384

G.2:

I've "suggested" a few changed to BS that will effect this challenge

clam
This sounds interesting...you have my attention....
Go have a look here:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8430&pid=164384#pid164384

clam
I am going there right now.

Update: I read it, and I like it. I have left you my opinion.

Bolg:

Rules and considerations can be found at: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=8430

Abecedar
I like what I read but I've never entered a brush slave... and the link you refer to is broken (or it my crappy internet connection, but please recheck)

Abecedar:

well I have got the base coat colours on but am not real sure if a couple of the combination’s work real well or not and I’ve never attempted to paint a model this big (teaser) before either. keep working at them fella’s (gender non specific use here by the way)

G.2:

I am nearly finished with mine too. I am just taking a bit of break, so that I can return and look at it, and see if my colour combinations are working. I fear that they are not. :sick

well I have got the base coat colours on but am not real sure if a couple of the combination’s work real well or not…

Abecedar
Hey Abecedar, I will PM you a little trick to help you out. My tip doesn’t need me to know your colours or what you are painting.

Abecedar:

I am nearly finished with mine too. I am just taking a bit of break, so that I can return and look at it, and see if my colour combinations are working. I fear that they are not. :sick
well I have got the base coat colours on but am not real sure if a couple of the combination's work real well or not...

Abecedar
Hey Abecedar, I will PM you a little trick to help you out. My tip doesn't need me to know your colours or what you are painting.

G.2
thanks for that mate