[Archive] Brush Slave League - Round 5: Command & Conquer

clam:

ROUND 5
Command & Conquer

So this will be our first (out of two) themed round with a pre-determined theme, so I want to give you all a fair bit of warning to plan an entry for this round.

You are - of course - NOT obliged to create a new team or a new themed team for this round, but with something like 3½ month to create, paint and document you entry - everybody will have a fair chance of getting the 5 points bonus (in total - 3 for a new team and 2 for themed).

And the theme will be…? :slight_smile:

“Command & Conquer” meaning, that you’ll have to create and paint a team of 3+ miniatures where at least one figure is clearly a leading/commanding character joint by his “staff” (in a broad sense).

As always genre, line, scale, manufacturer, material etc. are up to you.

Should you chose to enter a new team not following our pre-determined theme you will - of course - still get 3 points for a new team.

And please notice that only new teams can receive the theme bonus - so creating a command group for round 2 and let it compete till round 5 - will not give you the 2 points bonus reward.

Deadline for entering a new team is:

30st June 2012, 11:59 pm CET

And for those of you that enters a new team please make sure that your entry includes:

- A name :slight_smile:

and

- a direct link to your pictures with the use of a direct URL (without preview or size restrictions). And yes, IMGs are great for presentations, but direct URLs are much better.

If emailed, please use attachements, not any fancy email sharing feature from your hosting site, please.

Do you want to be a part of this?
Well, it’s never to late :slight_smile: - and if you haven’t signed up already and now wants to take part, all it takes is that you make a commitment by posting your name here (so I know how many participants to expect) and start painting your team.

When you’re done put some effort into making a presentation of your team and look at the rules for “how to enter”.

You’ll have a disadvantage of a late start of course, but as it’s actually just about getting stuff painted, who cares?

Oh! and keep your entry close - and please check all the rules for any other restrictions etc.

List of coaches, with a new teams for round five:

• Lord Aldades
  • Unzul
  • G.2
  • Zanko
  • Bolg
  • theforgefather
  • DAGrabiel
  • ryanamandaanna
  • warh
  • Blue in VT
  • Uncle Fool
  • Furrie
  • bas_2312

Lord Aldades:

Leader + staff… easy peasy

GRNDL:

Round 5??? What happened to Rounds 3 and 4???

Now I’m even more confused. Good thing I’m sitting this out.

clam:

I am so sorry to hear you feel that way, GRNDL (as we love to see your painted stuff) - but hopefully those more comfortable with the rules will know :slight_smile:

We have monthly rounds so new teams for round 3 and 4 will obviously have deadlines on "end of April “end of Mayl” according to the rules.

This is what some might call an “early warning” as round five is our first pre-determined theme round. Here’s a bit more at stake - so I’ve promised to announce/reveal the theme “in good time”. And so I did, yesterday - 3 1/2 month in advance, to be exact.

Round 3 and 4 are normal rounds (as round 6 and 7 will be), so I don’t see any reason for making an announcement this early. People already know what to do for these (should the accept the challenge of doing a new team). Though, I might remind people, when we are getting closer :smiley:

furrie:

thanks for the warning, probably won’t be a big problem to finish something for this themed round.

Uncle Fool:

:hat off Thanks for the warning Clam. The choices here are great. I have so much to paint, I’m sure I’ll find a boss and some minions in my hoard of lead (that is so big it has effected the gravatational pull of the Earth((hence Global Warming:):)))

I am so trying to resist the urge to buy new models and use the old ones I’m having to be very strict with myself. Will I manage, do you think?? Dom de domdom DOMMMMMMM!!  :P:):slight_smile:

clam:

You should dig out some old stuff if you ask me. This is about reducing the lead pile - not adding to it :smiley:

Was so tempted to title the round: “Stone Cold Lead Mountain” and ask you to dig out and paint something very old (like 3 pre-1995 miniatures or so) - but as we had 2 BS challenges last year with a similar theme, so I choose to wait a bit with that one. But could easily be a theme in a 2013-version - now you have been warned :slight_smile:

Mostyn:

Good choice of theme Clam, we should all have some suitable figures.

I’m with Uncle fool in that secretly I might use it as an excuse to buy more stuff. I know this makes me a bad person.

Hazkar:

just one quick question: is the deadline correct?

cause if entrys for round two must be submitted till end of march,thenn round three will be end of april and round four will be end of may…so entrys for round five will be end of june by my count

GRNDL:

I am so sorry to hear you feel that way, GRNDL (as we love to see your painted stuff)

clam
You're too kind, Clam. Really, all this pageantry is too intensive for me, as is the # of models painted. I pulled out all stops last year to make the commitment, but I barely made it. Multiple teams of multiple models is just far too much for me to get done, unfortunately. I was more comfortable with it being a laid back fun comp.

clam:

just one quick question: is the deadline correct?
cause if entrys for round two must be submitted till end of march,thenn round three will be end of april and round four will be end of may...so entrys for round five will be end of june by my count

Hazkar
Now how embarrassing is that, can't even keep track of my own round events - going to be a long 9 months, I guess

Thanks, Hazkar, you are so right. Deadline is - of course - 30th June 2012, 11.59 pm CET

But no harms done, right? I just gave you unintentionally another month to paint a round five theme team :D

So, to make it clear to all - especially myself - deadlines for entering new themes are:

Round 2 - April: 31th March 2012, 11:59pm CET
Round 3 - May: 30th April 2012, 11:59pm CET
Round 4 - June: 31th May 2012, 11:59pm CET
Round 5 - July: 30th June 2012, 11:59pm CET
Round 6 - September: 31th August 2012, 11:59pm CET
Round 7 - October: 30th September 2012, 11:59 CET
Round 8 - November (Themed round): 31th October 2012, 11:59 CET

Sorry for f****** up this - now how hard can it be? ;)
I am so sorry to hear you feel that way, GRNDL (as we love to see your painted stuff)

clam
You're too kind, Clam. Really, all this pageantry is too intensive for me, as is the # of models painted. I pulled out all stops last year to make the commitment, but I barely made it. Multiple teams of multiple models is just far too much for me to get done, unfortunately.  I was more comfortable with it being a laid back fun comp.

GRNDL
Well, I still believe it could be fun and rather laid back. All it takes is 3 miniatures painted to your best standard and you are in. How much you put into it - after that - is totally up to you :)

And should you have a change of heart, the door is still open ;)

Borador:

Cool theme, might be able to come up with something for this!

warh:

Hey Clam, can I send my entries for the summer beforehand? because I will probably not be on the Internet that much this summer.

cheers.

clam:

Hey Clam, can I send my entries for the summer beforehand? because I will probably not be on the Internet that much this summer.

cheers.

warh
I see no problem with that, just make it clear (to me) for what round any given team is meant for. Say you set one i may make it clear it's for round 5, and not first coming round.

clam:

Just to remind you all that Round 5 will be our first themed BSL 2012 Round (Next one will be round 8). So there will be another 2 bonus points to those that do a new team following “the theme” (Look at post #1). Deadline is 30th June and collides with GH 17! So those of you - that want to do both - has some serious planning to do. Best of luck to all participants :smiley:

furrie:

Already well on my way for both bsl r5 and GH 17, so I think I can manage it.

Insidious:

lol after reading this thread I am confused on what I thought was easy peasy…

clam:

Yeah, we went a bit OT here, sorry :wink:

But to clarify, if you want to earn the extra 2 themed-bonus-points (so a maximum of 5 points in total) your new team shall consist of 3+ miniatures where one of the figures is clearly a leading/commanding character - the rest can just be “staff” (in a broad sense).

clam:

Just a reminder:

14 days left, gentlemen

Time to finish you new commander :slight_smile:

bas_2312:

I put together and undercoated my models today! :slight_smile: