[Archive] Bull Centaur Rules

KramDratta:

Apologies if I bring this up in the wrong place. There is a rumour (have not seen the book yet) that the rules for the centigors (Beastmen) have changed to include the +1 AS for cavalry and treat them as cavalry in all respects.

Would this (if true) impact the way Bull Centaurs are used, since they are the ‘closest’ thing ruleswise? Or would the RH FAQ still be valid?

Cheers

Thommy H:

Centigors aren’t Bull Centaurs. They’re involved in this argument only as a citing of precedent - they hold no weight except as a tool for coming up with a consistent house rule.

For the eighteen millionth time: the rules are the rules. Bull Centaurs are cavalry. The rulebook is totally clear about this. But no one plays them that way because it’s stupid, so we all introduce house rules based on common sense and a couple of documents of nebulous legality.

This thread is not actually for debating the relative merits of either interpretation, it’s just here to give everyone all the information.

KramDratta:

Once again, apologies for my previous post. it was not my intention to cause problems. I was merely querying wheter unit specific rules override 7th edition general rules or not.

Neil:

So Kramdratta’s rumour has turned out to be correct. Centigors count as cavalry, and get the +1 save that cavalry get.

As the only precident in the rules, I think I will be changing the way that I play Bull Centaurs to this, so no H/W shield bonus in combat and only +1 strength for Great Weapons. The trade off is increased resillience on the way in, changes to a 3+ save instead of a 4+ save.

I am not sure if this will make them better or worse, but it seems the most sensible way to do it. What about the rest of you, will this change how you play them?

Gar Shadowfame:

Rh FaQ is still valid, as there is no change in RB itself, only beastmen AB,

kerbak:

i think on the same way, unless I use the GT list, i will keep BC as on RH, lets see whats happend if the rumors are true and forgeworld made new rules and miniatures for Chaos Dwarfs :hat

Gar Shadowfame:

rules for indy list are the same

whatever happens to centigors in a separate army book is irrelevant for chaos dwarfs

since there is a classification what is calvary and whats not, BC are calvary