[Archive] C D old school or new school which do you like

torn:

wouldnt it be cool if GW released army books for armies but didnt release models for those armies. they could be called modellers armies, and the books would be full of conversion, modelling and sculpting guides.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

You mean what they do for Warhammer Historical? Nice thought, but then again it means that GW will not make a lot of (or any) money with these armies.

Kera foehunter:

yea that would be coo lif they do that torn.

wallacer:

Unfortunately, GW (by their own admission) are in the business of selling miniatures, so I don’t think we’ll see this any time soon.

Khaosbeardling:

Well since this seems to be the way GW is looking at Chaos Dwarfs right now, Hellcannon ect., I think anything that looks masky/steampunky without looking to wierd like Empire Steampunk looks right now. I mean sinister-cool steampunk. :hat off

Kera foehunter:

Yea that is a cool look . You could always get the dwarf doom slayer to mix with the cd hellcanon crew to that type of mask army.

Willmark:

I think the one thing that is certain is that it will be non-hatty.

the trooper:

hat for me.

every time somebody looks at my army(thank god it is finished after 5 months)they say ‘wow chaos dwarfs or,orks and dwarfs you are cheating’.

in one way some say the tallhead aren’t chaos enough,but i think that is the beauty about it they are just dwarfs with cool beards and tall heads or they are mighty dwarfs using magic and flying an bulls,did you ever see a normal dwarf do that!!!

:hat off i wear my tall head with pride

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Me too, obviously ^^ They could still wear hats anyway, albeit smaller ones.

Willmark:

Well… the only glimpse we have regarding new CD models is the Hellcannon…

Ghrask Dragh:

Well.... the only glimpse we have regarding new CD models is the Hellcannon...

Willmark
Well, I know this has probably been said before but I can't be bothered to trall through thraeds looking for how it turned out, but the hellcannon crew are not the only glimpse we have had...��we have had brand new artwork for the 7thEd rulebook of a Chaos Dwarf with a tallhat!! (found in top right corner of this site)
Who knows what they will do, the irony is whatever they do there will be Chaos Dwarf fans who won't like it :rolleyes:

Btw my creed is hats, masks and helms its all good, or evil as it were.

Willmark:

One piece of art hardly counter-balances three actual figures IMHO. That being said Hashut’s hat is big enough for all! :cheers

Kera foehunter:

maybe the will replace the masks with a high helmet with horns get the best of both types

Ravel:

Please no more tall hats, please please please.

I love the quasi-military look of 3rd edition miniatures. Those stubby hats and plate mail are e-mazing. The forge look of the newer dwarves are also nice, but I dont know if they are going to keep that theme throughout the whole line.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Funny to see how these discussions always evolve into the same dead end. ^^ As Grask Dragh so correctly put it, there will always be those CD fans who will not like the new look, whatever it will be. While I won’t say the new dwarfs will not include miniatures that look like the hellcannon crew, I won’t say either that we are not going to see any bighats in the new army - if it is ever released, that is.

And yes, Willmark I do believe the artwork counter-balances the miniatures. The hellcannon was made in 2004, the new rulebook in 2006. Its a very simple calculation which one is the more current design.

Willmark:

Guess we’ll agree to disagree. I’m sure the run up to Fall 2009 should prove interesting as to which style will prevail.

Also: topics of such a nebulous nature are bound to end like like this, its inevitable.

Kera foehunter:

if they are going to make the cd in fall of 09 they will start leaking stuff out fall 08 . so i can wait go Tall helmets!!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

It sure means we will have a hot summer next year, anyway :smiley:

baba yaga:

I personnally think (and hope) no more tallhats, they are too cartoonesk and current fashion in minis is more focussed on realism (no more blood red armies).��

That beeing said, just how sure are of this armybook in 2009???:frowning:

Razzick_Khan:

I am a fan of the new style, but that doesnt mean I totally despise the Hats. In fact I see the Hats as more of status symbol, something only worn by CD sorcerers to distinguish themselves from the more lowly servants. Although I have to say that the hats were a bit ridiculous. Easily doubling the height of the model wearing it. Realistically wearing something that huge would seem as much a battle to keep the thing on your head as it would be fighting the enemy (not that a proper chaos dwarf couldnt handle it of course). I do agree that if Hats return they should be toned down a bit.

Thats just my opinion