[Archive] C D old school or new school which do you like

Willmark:

That beeing said, just how sure are of this armybook in 2009????:(

baba yaga
Were not. There are no garantees to be made here as multipe people have heard multiple stories regarding theultimate fate of the CDs.

I'm an "optimistic realist"... in other words I hope we will get a new army book but not opptomsitic it will happen.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Just found this on Wikipedia… talking about BIG hats! :o

Kera foehunter:

omg hide that !! don’t let tallhat see it Kera smiles

Willmark:

I think Tall Hat just fainted and died after seeing that massive, uh, Tall hat!

rabotak:

BIG HATS!

…save the last funky army!!

Warlord:

I am a fan of the new style, but that doesnt mean I totally despise the Hats. In fact I see the Hats as more of status symbol, something only worn by CD sorcerers to distinguish themselves from the more lowly servants. Although I have to say that the hats were a bit ridiculous. Easily doubling the height of the model wearing it. Realistically wearing something that huge would seem as much a battle to keep the thing on your head as it would be fighting the enemy (not that a proper chaos dwarf couldnt handle it of course). I do agree that if Hats return they should be toned down a bit.

Razzick_Khan
I agree - I like both the new and old style. I think a whole army of bighats is a bit much - possibly only an elite unit or two, and characters. That is how I am modelling my army anyway - mix of masks and helms, and bighats for champions and characters.

Malificant:

i have cast off hats in favor of crowns on my characters.

Warlord:

i have cast off hats in favor of crowns on my characters.

Malificant
Interesting. Where did you get the crowns, or did you gs them?

Malificant:

check my sorc dude! GS!

gIL^:

big hats!

Hobgoblin King:

The models for the old chaos dwarf and hobgoblin range are awesome! minus the big hats and curly beards, big and wavy would be cool. I realized I didnt like the big hats and they were uninspiring for me, the hat probably weighs more than the dwarf! I want to trade them for hobbos but I might wait around now to see if a new codex comes out for cds, maybe until 2009. They’re well sculpted but also really tedious to paint, hat takes as long as the dwarf.

-Hobgoblin king

Willmark:

I’ve often wondered why the various CD heroes just don’t whip off their stove pipes and beat their opponents to death with them?! I mean the should do something like this: S9 d6 Wounds per hit no save… :slight_smile: