[Archive] CD Come 4th at Winter Incursion

MarkM:

For those who don’t know, Winter Incursion has just finished at Maelstrom.  This is a large event of 100 players GT style, with many of the countries best players.

John Blake came 4th with CD.  Congrats to him!

John’s List:-

Sorcerer-Prophet

General; Lore of Hashut; Magic Level 4; Darkforged Weapon; Blackshard Armour

Crown of Command; Earthing Rod; Enchanted Shield; Talisman of Protection

Infernal Castellan

Blackshard Armour; Shield; Battle Standard

Dragonhelm; Dawn Stone; Ironcurse Icon

Daemonsmith Sorcerer

Lore of Metal; Magic Level 1; Darkforged Weapon; Blackshard Armour

Charmed Shield; Dispel Scroll; Potion of Foolhardiness

29 Chaos Dwarf Inferal Guard

Blackshard Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician; Deathmask

23 Chaos Dwarf Inferal Guard

Blackshard Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician; Deathmask

5 K’daai Fireborn

K’daai Manburner

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

Magma Cannon

K’daai Destroyer

Total Army Cost: 2370

Thommy H:

Haha.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

khedyarl:

2370 seems like a weird army cost total. Was he down 30 points? Or am I missing something?

Either way, congratulations!

Thommy H:

Ask him when he’s next on here, I guess.

G.2:

Wow that is great news. Nice to see that the CDs were allowed in such a large event, and even better to see they did well. Congratulations John Blake!!!

Does anyone know if John is a member here at CDO?

Thommy H:

Yes. He’s quite a prominent one.

Baggronor:

So. Final kill tally for the Destroyer:

27 Swordmasters

27 White Lions

High Elf BSB (with Dragon Armour ;))

20 Glade Guard

12 Glade Guard

10 Dryads

2 x 7 Witch Elves

20 Dark Elf Spearmen with Supreme Sorceress

30 Black Ark Corsairs

2 Dark Riders

Cold One Chariot

Dark Elf Dreadlord (with Pendant of Khaeleth and Dragonhelm :o)

Black Orc Warboss on Wyvern

6 Ogres

1 Sabretusk

3 Mournfang Cavalry - all killed stone dead in one round of combat:hashut Breath of Hatred

I played all 3 varieties of elves. Squishy.

Memorable Destroyer moments were overrunning into a Dark Elf Supreme Sorceress’ bunker, which was deployed on the baseline, on turn 2 (!), removing 27 Swordmasters from the table in 3 rounds of combat for no wounds, and killing 3 Mournfang Cavalry stone dead in one round of combat (Breath of Hatred is amazing). So yeah, I think this weekend kinda proved he is as absurd as I said he is.

Having said which, the army is very, very small and it relies on him performing. Also, as soon as I started playing the better players on the top tables, his kill ratio decreased substantially, proving he can be led around and diverted fairly easily due to frenzy and his enormous base size.

The IG actually had to do some fighting in 2 of the 6 games which must have been distressing for them :slight_smile: They’re actually quite good once you start throwing Breath of Hatred around (beat up a big Iron Gut unit pretty convincingly), just eye-wateringly expensive. Glittering Robe on these guys is hilarious; most of a DE army shot at them and killed 1.

Crown of Command on the Prophet was a winner, very handy to have both blocks stubborn. Curse of Hashut was the star spell of the weekend, along with Breath of Hatred. Flames of Azgorh either drew an immediate scroll or just scattered and missed.

The artillery was disappointing; the Magma Cannon was ok, but I expected better. The Deathshriekers were good when firing demolition shells but the incendiaries were poor. Also, they are rubbish vs T10. Actually considering the Dreadquake :o as it benefits from the Daemonsmith re-rolls…

The Fireborn were the weak link, but I like them a lot. When they hit the right target, they were awesome.

2370 seems like a weird army cost total. Was he down 30 points? Or am I missing something?
Final list which I sent to Will Goodwin had a 5+ ward on the Lv4 (I got the item name wrong on the original).

Thommy H:

I think we’re missing the most important thing here: I’m hearing about all these K’daai and so on that you’re using but we haven’t seen any models. If I wanted to hear how effective units were based on other people playing games instead of me, I’d post on Warseer, and then I’d go and shoot myself.

Baggronor:

I think we're missing the most important thing here: I'm hearing about all these K'daai and so on that you're using but we haven't seen any models. If I wanted to hear how effective units were based on other people playing games instead of me, I'd post on Warseer, and then I'd go and shoot myself.

Thommy H
:) I'll take some this week.

eratu13:

I think we're missing the most important thing here: I'm hearing about all these K'daai and so on that you're using but we haven't seen any models. If I wanted to hear how effective units were based on other people playing games instead of me, I'd post on Warseer, and then I'd go and shoot myself.

Thommy H
Well played Thommy even though it wasn't directed at me it has shamed me into putting up some pics of my models in the army blogs section and will have to start putting up some mini reports

Bassman:

Thommy H
I do agree, where is Baggronor's Kdaii?!?! ;)

I posted mine in my army list thread to prove I actually own a painted model...... now this "misterious" Jhon Blake shall move his butt and show us his Kdaii destroyer (keep your little fireborns for Golden Hat, of course) :hat off

Steve D:

I was also at the Incursion and congrats to Baggronor. I had to miss the last game due to personal reasons and got a big fat 0 for the last game so no idea where I could have finished (I won my game 5 on table 13 and wasn’t too far behind John at that stage).

Agree with John’s comments on the destroyer - was it co-incidental that the one game I lost was the game I failed three T tests on the destroyer and he took himself off the table at the start of turn 4?

Even though I played Dwarfs, Empire, 2 VC (poison galore) and skaven he was still a beast but like John says, against the better players he is easily led around due to the large base and frenzy so they can dictate the overrun.

Zhorn:

I hope you two had a great weekend!

Congrats to your good performance and I’m sorry that you, Steve, couldn’t attend the last game (though we’ll use your 53rd place to obfuscate the true power of the chaos dwarfs! :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Steve D:

Just been told could have podiumed if won last game! So obviously CD are broken - although apparently O&G didn’t lose all weekend so they are the powerhouse army!

nilbog:

Well done John!

Now stop wasting time playing games and make some more miniatures!

Also well done to Steve - shame you missed the end. Are you going to Ripon?

Steve D:

50/50 - we have work in the house ongoing but hoping to.

cornixt:

Having said which, the army is very, very small

Baggronor
You can say that again! I was wondering where half of it was, only two units of infantry and a few monsters and war machines! Congrats on doing so well.
:hat off

Barth:

Impresive score, congrats Bagg :hat off

Time of Madness:

Great results Bagg and Steve! Glad the new book is being accepted at most tournies!

Time of Madness

The Zoramite:

So now that you’ve played it in a competitive tournament, what would you say? Would you suggest some FAQ/changes? Would you comp the K’daai? If it nearly singlehandedly won you the match on several of those games, it probably needs to have something happen. :wink: