[Archive] CD Custom Dice

snowblizz:

This is what has been used before:

Special dice

This is how our dice ended up looking. All the different colours chosen.

They are 16mm, which means somewhat larger than “standard GW dice”, but is the smallest dice you can have engraved.

The price was around 20 pence per dice. That’s what they quote on the page, but I guess it varies according to volume.

I’ve looked at Chessex before it seems, but I’ve haven’t found out if they even make this kind of dice. If they do they’ve managed to hide it well.

Pyro Stick:

This is what has been used before:
http://www.dice.co.uk/fs_specialdice.htm

This is how our dice ended up looking. All the different colours chosen.

They are 16mm, which means somewhat larger than "standard GW dice", but is the smallest dice you can have engraved.

The price was around 20 pence per dice. That's what they quote on the page, but I guess it varies according to volume.

I've looked at Chessex before it seems, but I've haven't found out if they even make this kind of dice. If they do they've managed to hide it well.

snowblizz
It looks like that site makes practically the same colours of dice so it would probably be a good idea to decide on a design and for one person in the US to order from Chessex and post to people in the US/Canada and for one person in the UK to order from dice.co.uk and post to people in the UK/Europe.

a few designs i quickly made on photoshop:

I would definately do them in different colours though. A blank white dice was just the easiest one to make

Hashut’s Blessing:

Pyro Stick has made mock ups of the two that I liked best and I love them both ^^ I would prefer the first one (witht he rune), but wouldn’t be against the second one. I am happy to collect for the UK, put would ask people to pay up front for the dice and then I will calculate postage on an individual basis which would be paid to me and then I would ship them.

bas_2312:

edit: a few designs i quickly made on photoshop:

I would definately do them in different colours though. A blank white dice was just the easiest one to make

Pyro Stick
I'd love some dices with the Hashut rune, that's awesome! Not really sure about the text though, I think just the rune is more interesting.

Da Crusha:

I always thought the rune is supposed to go the other way around, like a V.

Kered:

I agree with Da Crusha I though it was supposed to be V shaped, I also think it shouldn’t have writing on it. Would we be even able to make dice with a rune of Hushut considering it’s GW’s IP.

cornixt:

It’s not know which way up the rune goes, we’ve only seen it sideways. Maybe someone can ask the sculpters.

Time of Madness:

Thanks Pyro,

I’ve been struggling for a day to do what you did on photoshop.

I love the bull icon!

Should we put it up to vote then?

Time of Madness

Da Crusha:

I like the bull but the billows of smoke kind of look like snot.

Time of Madness:

Anyway you could photoshop some of the shield decals for us to take a quick look at?

Time of Madness

Pyro Stick:

edit: a few designs i quickly made on photoshop:

Pyro Stick
I'd love some dices with the Hashut rune, that's awesome! Not really sure about the text though, I think just the rune is more interesting.

bas_2312
I was going to just use the Rune but i like it with more going on or else it might be confused as the rune of khorne.
I always thought the rune is supposed to go the other way around, like a V.

Da Crusha
I always draw it like on the dice i made. Thats my personal opinion on what looks best but if you look through a lot of army blogs you will see that different people draw it completely differently.
I like the bull  but the billows of smoke kind of look like snot.

Da Crusha
Ill try edit it so that it looks less like snot.

edit: I tried but it didnt turn out well.
Anyway you could photoshop some of the shield decals for us to take a quick look at?

Time of Madness
Those two pics on the first page? Ill do some later today and post them up. They dont take long. I can post the blank dice as well if anyone wants to try their own?

edit: Some more mock ups plus the blank dice:

Henroth:

Cool dice ! :o Good work.

Time of Madness:

Thanks for doing this pyro.

The more you do the harder time I have choosing which one I like the best.

Time of Madness

Henroth:

Probably you find here images for new Dice. :hat off

Pyro Stick:

Da Crusha:

Pyro Stick
oooh, now that is a cool looking dice!

Time of Madness:

Well I have figured out one thing, I am no good with photoshop!

Keep the dice coming, I’d like to see the skull with the bolt through its head from the first page.

Maybe you can throw my avatar on a dice just for fun :slight_smile:

Time of Madness

Pyro Stick:

Time of Madness:

I love you!

My avatar may have to change to the dice with the picture on it now :slight_smile:

Thanks

Time of Madness

Hashut’s Blessing:

I agree with pyro’s version of the way the way that the rune goes, but people seem to dislike the idea of the writing on it. having said that, I also got the impressiont hat people disliked JUST the rune because they kept saying that it would be confused with a Khornate symbol. In compromise (personally, I love the text as well), why not have the writing going downwards,a cting as the axe-haft?

H

AR

SU

HN

UE

T

Just to give an idea of it…

Regardless, the two best are the Rune fo Hashut or Time of Madness’ avatar. Some of the others look cool as well (particularly the skull with lightning coming out of the sockets etc etc), but are either too busy, too bland or don;t really say Chaos Dwarf (or, in most cases SCREAm it, lol :stuck_out_tongue: ). Just my thoughts.

Also, I won;t say how many dice I’d like until we have confirmed the design.