[Archive] CD man o war

Pyro Stick:

Check this picture out.�

Khan!
Do you think you could post the bigger pic. Its an awesome pic and i would like to see how the guy has painted the models but i cant see it very well on that small pic.

Tallhat:

By the Great Hat of Hashut! Im in love I think. That fleet is bloody awesome! The ships even have hats!!! :slight_smile:

- Tallhat

AGPO:

Blimey, the rest of his stuff is awesomely cool too! Does anyone have a link to the old MoW fluff

Willmark:

By the Great Hat of Hashut! Im in love I think. That fleet is bloody awesome! The ships even have hats!!! :)

- Tallhat

Tallhat
On course the do. The edition of warhammer that matches up with MoW is 4th :rolleyes:

Tallhat:

I know. But still. Ships with hats. It doesnt get any better than this!

- Tallhat

AGPO:

Talk about steam punk, maybe hats aren’t totally pointless and silly after all hey Tallhat?

Tallhat:

Lets be realistic. They are. :slight_smile: They are just about as silly as Zoats.

Who said that???!!!

- Tallhat

Willmark:

Who are you and what have you done with Tallhat???

minty:

looks like someone in his hats complaining

Tallhat:

Hey I never said I believed the Hats would return. As much as I love them I am realistic enough to acknowledge the fact that I am perhaps one of only very few Hat lovers out there. And I would never complain about them not returning as I am very much aware that the hats were one of the main reasons the first AB failed. I want an army book. Thats all. You people can gladly keep your fancy new models. I am sticking with my big hats forever and ever. Oh, and the sillynes(spelling?) is all about perception (and paint, definetly paint) It is very much possible to make big hats look scary. Just look at Ishkurs models. Or mine for that matter if I ever get around to posting some pics.

- Tallhat

Pyro Stick:

I love my big hat models as well and i decided that if they get remade without hats then i would use my hat models as elite infantry or something and use them like a guard/retinue for my lord

Canix:

I love my bighat models ever since they where released i wanted to field an army of them i also love the 3rd ed too.Saying that i love the creative work of all the converters very productive and Chaos Dwarf like:hat off.

i have a soft spot for models sculpted by the perrys;)

Khan!:

The Perrys really are quite good. I wonder if hats will maintain themselves in some fashion in the new list? I like Pyro Stick’s retinue idea (by the way sir, unfortunately that boardgamegeek pic is the only one there is, I just found it at random) and damned if Ishkur’s stuff doesn’t blow me away. Meanwhile, High Elves still have the biggest, most ridiculous hats of all. I think the old Chaos Dwarf hats were far better than High Elf (and Brettonian, to a slightly lesser extent) giant-metal-feathers-on-pointed-hats that are taller than your average Bull Centaur. Every time new elf models come out I wish that they would get rid of the stupid hats. And every time they don’t I have a good reason left to hate. elves. so. much.

P.S ships with hats ARE fantastic! Well done, Tallhat.

minty:

your not moaning about dark elf hats, there there for one reason

"by order of the great lord malkeith, all items of clothing must be spiky and can be used as a weapon in exmergencies, if I must impale you on my codpiece to prove a point, so be it"

zagor66:

Id use the hats on the ship as some sort of steam engine because I doubt the CD would row the boat.

Willmark:

That was great minty, too funny.

The witch king continues: “and furthermore all witch elves found wearing more then 2 square inches of covering material shall be fed to the hydras. Whatsmore until further notice all witch elves are required to wear thongs regardless of how cold it is. Any witch elf caught with “granny panties” will be forwith sent to wash my mother’s clothing for a century as punishment”. Glances at his mother’s “attire”. “wait let me re-think that”…

Tallhat:

P.S ships with hats ARE fantastic!��Well done, Tallhat.

Khan!
Thanks? What did I do well?

- Tallhat

Khan!:

See, dark elves have lots of spikes, but at least their hats are manageable. And I don’t have any witch elves in my army so thbbbt. :hat Although nevertheless I think that this discussion proves that elves of all kinds are absurd.

Meanwhile, Tallhat, you stand as shining exemplar of the virtues of large-hatted tusked assyrian dwarfs, with large-hatted ships - and indeed I had never thought of CD ships as having hats - and therefore deserve commendation! :hat off

Willmark:

Wurp wurp! Warning the level of tallhatness in this thread has been exceeded.

AGPO:

The trouble with so many of the new ranges is that old models often look totally out of place - classic wood elves, dark elves and bretonians to name a few… My old wood elves are getting re-painted so I can use the list, but if I start a new army very few will make more than a guest appearence. Especially the eighties hair wardancers