[Archive] CDO 2008 Community Awards. Time to Vote!

Grimstonefire:

At the top of the Website News section of the forum you will see I have created a new subforum called CDO Community Awards 2008.

These are the threads you will use to vote, so now you all have 10 days to vote who you think deserves a medal in each category.

Some you may already have an opinion on, others you may not be aware of what each person has contributed over the last 12 months, so it might be worth taking a few days just to have a quick look around.  If you click on a person’s name you can find all threads and posts by that member, a useful way to find who to vote for.

The polls are all 10 days, so will automatically shut at the end and the winners will be shown.

If anyone was curious I made them private polls, so nobody can see who voted for each person.

Thommy H:

Why would anyone nominate me for Best General? I barely even play Warhammer…

Pyro Stick:

Why would anyone nominate me for Best General? I barely even play Warhammer...

Thommy H
You must have a few posts on some peoples army lists or something.

Wow i wasnt expecting to get nominated for two categories. Cool.

Thommy H:

You must have a few posts on some peoples army lists or something.
Maybe two or three? And you should really all know that, if I do ever give advice on tactics or army lists, I don't actually have any idea what I'm talking about. I'm much more interested in the hobby and background aspects of Warhammer than the game.

Hey, I won't turn it down if I win it, but I strongly advise all of you not to vote for me ;)

Kera foehunter:

all the jedi mind trick!! how slick you are tommy h

Grimstonefire:

@Pyro

That’s an achievement in itself being nominated for two categories. I think you’re the 4th person to have this if you include the 2007 awards.

@Kera

Lol

Just a reminder that if anyone does end up accidently voting for the wrong option I can change their vote.  Obviously this is not something I want to do too much, and I won’t be doing it after the polls close, but if you are 100% sure about who you should have voted for just pm me.  I’ll need to know the category, who you actually voted for and who you intended to vote for.

Swissdictator:

I’m also fairly surprised I got nominated for anything, especially for contributor and general.

Pyro Stick:

@Pyro
That's an achievement in itself being nominated for two categories.  I think you're the 4th person to have this if you include the 2007 awards.

Grimstonefire
Cool. Well if i dont win any of them at least i can put that in my sig.

Ancient History:

Dang, I was hoping for a nomination on Best Contributor. Seriously though, how in the unholy name of Hashut did I get nominated for Best General?

Willmark:

In case some of the new people miss the section with the voting:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=55

Congratulations to all who made it to the nomination process, that in and of itself is indeed a fine achievement.

Obsidian:

… Off to vote!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Kera foehunter:

well it great to see a bunch of new faces to vote for here !!!

this show that it the best site ever!!!

Ubertechie:

I think that all the nominations are well deserved - i dint nominate anyone as it was to hard to choose but now i have a restricted list voting was easy. well done to everyone nominated

Thommy H:

Dang, I was hoping for a nomination on Best Contributor. Seriously though, how in the unholy name of Hashut did I get nominated for Best General?

Ancient History
Tactics articles.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

NOOOO!!! I was gone for a few days and I missed voting argh! :mad

GRNDL:

Voting is still going on, Godbob. Its on a 10 day timer or something… Maybe you missed the nominations, but you can still vote.

two_heads_talking:

Who nominated them and why were they nominated? I’d like to see this sort of information because I don’t cast a vote without knowing the who, what, where, when, why and hows of a candidate. Otherwise, I might as well piss into a windstorm…

And I’m not completely sure how, but I missed the whole darned nomination process, thread and notice… I blame the administration for not making the banner about this big enough for us old timers who can’t see small things very well… :o

Thommy H:

They were nominated by a PM vote. If you sent in a nomination, you would already have made a decision for who should win each category, so the reasons for the nominations should be known to you (because you already decided to nominate or not nominate each possible winner).

Grimstonefire:

As Thommy said, pm’d nominations were then shortlisted and put into polls in no particular order.

Why people were nominated depends on what information each person was looking at. :wink: So each person will now have to search around the forum (using the search function if it’s easier) to see which of the three in each category deserves their vote.

For my own voting I found certain categories were not immediately obvious who to vote for.

Swissdictator:

I agree Grim, there was one category I was really torn on who to vote for.

Nominating was harder too. A lot of good people, an active site leaves me wanting to nominate several or harder to stand out.