[Archive] CDO CUSTOM DICE - POLL CLOSED

Time of Madness:

Hey All,

This topic is dedicated to CDO community custom dice order. For the people interested in purchasing dice could they please vote on the following 6 glyph options. See this topic for further information regarding ordering dice. LINK

OPTION #1

OPTION #2

OPTION #3

OPTION #4

OPTION #5

OPTION #6

Time of Madness

Time of Madness:

Just an FYI the poll ends in 7 days.

Time of Madness

Nicodemus:

Not that we can’t figure it out, but can you edit the formatting to put the “OPTION ##” text above the images with no additional space and then an extra space between entries. Right now once you scroll half way down if you’re not paying attention it’s not obvious unless you scroll to the bottom or top and re-check where title goes with which pic… again, I figured it out, so that says a lot :wink:

~N

Loki:

They all look cool to me but i voted for number 1 but i think it would look better with out Hashut written on just the rune on its own would look cool, no that i would certainly buy :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good idea to have a week limit on it, saves it getting dragged up in years to come and allows us to choose decisively, rather than deciding at a random point “we’ll look at the numbers now”, lol :smiley:

Also, it’s probably best if people mention they’re second favourites in here.

For me, first choice is the rune, although I think it may be better (as I’ve said before) to have the word Hashut written next to it like it was the axehaft (as Xander’s research has shown, the rune is always oriented based on the haft of the axe, except for when it was on a staff, so it would prevent people disagreeing with which way up the rune/writing is).

As for second choice: if forced, I would say Option 2, but I probably wouldn;t bother to get any, tbh.

maelzch:

My first choice was the Hashut rune.

Second choice would be either of the lightning bolt skulls.

Colour-wise I’d like black dice with red runes/spots

Time of Madness:

Not that we can't figure it out, but can you edit the formatting to put the "OPTION ##" text above the images with no additional space and then an extra space between entries. Right now once you scroll half way down if you're not paying attention it's not obvious unless you scroll to the bottom or top and re-check where title goes with which pic... again, I figured it out, so that says a lot ;)

~N

NIcodemus
Is that better? That's the best I could do.
Time of Madness

snowblizz:

Skull Shooting Bolts followed by Skull Shooting Bolts. Cryptic? Blame Time of Madness… :wink: (no really don’t).

Time of Madness:

Skull Shooting Bolts followed by Skull Shooting Bolts. Cryptic? Blame Time of Madness... ;-) (no really don't).

snowblizz
Haha ya I see that now, not sure why I gave them the same description. :)

I can't edit th poll descriptions though :( sorry.

Time of Madness

Fequiil:

They all look cool to me but i voted for number 1 but i think it would look better with out Hashut written on just the rune on its own would look cool, no that i would certainly buy :)

Loki
i agree with loki.
and there must be a poll for the backgroundcolour, right?
and i like to see this background: http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Speckled%20pages/25308.htm
oh, and before i forget, there must also be scatter dices and stuff, right?

cornixt:

So no squid beard then?

Time of Madness:

So no squid beard then?

cornixt
Sorry mate,

I actually missed the 2 squid beard options :(

I'll count you for a write in squid beard vote.

Time of Madness

Pyro Stick:

For me, first choice is the rune, although I think it may be better (as I've said before) to have the word Hashut written next to it like it was the axehaft (as Xander's research has shown, the rune is always oriented based on the haft of the axe, except for when it was on a staff, so it would prevent people disagreeing with which way up the rune/writing is).

Hashut's Blessing

Doesnt look as good imo.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Pyro: Quite right, was just wondering if it would help people to choose that one as some think it’s upside down (preposterous ^^ ).

If the squid beard was here, that would be my second and I might buy some of it.

Ronshank:

Does it really matter that much though? You roll it and it comes up which every way it is, though to be fair if the hashut is on it you can tell which way it is. Personally I stick it to the side axe haft style. No one has made any mention of Korne when it’s like that. But I really don’t mind either way.

klemanius:

I picked the skull shooting bolts (the first one)

But my first would be squid beard if it was up

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ronshank: if we didn’t have the word Hashut on it, that would be the case, but we do and, personally, on the dice, I find that the word “under” it works better than next to it (as I had been suggesting, lol :smiley: ). But, regarding it’s orientation, I was thinking about it a few days ago: maybe it does go “on its side” instead of the v or ^ that most people have been having it. After all, isn’t that the orientation that most runes on weapons take?

Anyway, that’s going a bit off topic now, lol :smiley:

snowblizz:

and there must be a poll for the backgroundcolour, right?
and i like to see this background: http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Speckled%20pages/25308.htm
oh, and before i forget, there must also be scatter dices and stuff, right?

Fequiil
Odds are we do not have to agree on dice colour, it is possible that we can choose our own colours.

We won't have scatter dice. They can be made but it will be much more expensive with 6 custom sides. I think someone quoted 8$ each? I'll check.

No it was £3 each for a scatter type die.

Fequiil:

thanks, and ok, now i understand why there is no poll about the background colour.

and 3$ per catter dice is much, i think i wont buy these…

snowblizz:

thanks, and ok, now i understand why there is no poll about the background colour.
and 3$ per catter dice is much, i think i wont buy these...

Fequiil
£ 3 (UK pounds)
circa
$ 4.44 (US dollars)
�,� 3.50

And since everyone needs only 1 such dice getting a good discount is difficult.
We were not discussing a scatter dice however. FWIW these dice will be cheaper, around say 30 (UK) cents each?