[Archive] CDO Ezine- The Word of Hashut #7

Uzkul Werit:

My article is gonna be like the army book overview’s they have in White Dwarf, but with a look at how its progrssed for the previous stuff.

Thommy H:

I’ll write a short story if you want. Any requests?

Willmark:

Me of the community in general?

Uzkul please PM me the particulars.

Thommy H:

Whichever. I have some ideas, but I just wondered if there was anything anyone wanted to see a story about.

LimeyDragon:

Whichever. I have some ideas, but I just wondered if there was anything anyone wanted to see a story about.

Thommy H
Umm, it may notbe my plce to remark on this thread but you request for story suggestions jumped out to me. How about dong a story from a lowly Hobgoblin :idea slaves point of view. Say he is the loader for the Earthshaker or something and write the story as being told by him of the great battle that is before him, all the up to the that cannon explodes.. he he :mask

Thommy H:

That’s pretty similar to an idea I already had. I might do that.

Although, for the record, I have ethical qualms about doing stories where the “punchline” is that the slaves of Chaos Dwarfs are worthless to them. If I did a story like that, it wouldn’t be played for laughs.

Willmark:

Perhaps a story in relation to plain old “regular” dwarfs… Anything involving grudges would work too.

Willmark:

Now accepting Slave Pen questions get them into Maul ASAP.

Also looking for someone to write a tactical article, if you have expertise in such matters please send a PM.

Willmark:

Tactical article has been taken care of end is now in the works.

Slave Pen questions still needed!

Also deadline for sudmissions is the 28th so get cracking if you have something you want to submit.

Willmark:

Good news this issue is starting to take shape, bad news? Only one Slave Pen question. Cmon guys let’s have some fun with this and get those questions in.

Thommy H:

Hey, I’m not going to be able to manage a submission for this issue. Apologies, Willmark (and everyone else) - I’ve just been too busy with work and other projects to set aside any time for it.

Nicodemus:

Good news this issue is starting to take shape, bad news? Only one Slave Pen question. Cmon guys let's have some fun with this and get those questions in.

Willmark
I prefer to issue orders to slaves as opposed to asking questions... but all that aside, you got my orders for the slave, right?

Willmark:

Indeed Nico.

Yikes thanks for the heads up Thommy, is there a member fiction writer in the house?

Also I’m in need of a tactical writer again; if interested let me know.

Willmark:

Member fiction solved.

Still need a tactica writer.

Loki:

What tactica do you need written and when do you need it done for ?

Willmark:

Sending a PM.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Willmark:

Ok despite a large amount of (ahem) broken promises certain others members have stepped up. So with that we are in pretty good shape but still somewhat behind. Sorry to point this out, it is what it is. In the future folks please do not commit to a submission then not follow through. It’s not fun and also not fair to the staff of the Word of Hashut. I understand things happen, but this crept up a lot this issue.

I should point out I’m not mad it’s simply a bit on the frustrating side as it happened far to much this issue.

Special thanks to Loki, Ishkur, TwilightCo and Baggronor for stepping it up to help out. I doubt this will be out on the 26th, shooting for by the 31st :wink:

Baggronor:

Special thanks to Loki, Ishkur, TwilightCo and Baggronor for stepping it up to help out.
I did? :o lol when? Have I forgotten to do something?!

Willmark:

In your case I know what you are working on…

Willmark:

My Sith powers are increasing… I made some big leaps with command of InDesign (the app I use to layout the ezine) it will be subtle but it stays with the meme of each issue getting better then the one that came before it .

It does not look like this will be out on the 26th, however the 31st is doable if all goes well. For all those artists and writers finishing last minute stuff don’t loose focus! And if you have a deadline from either Maul or I please stay on it as this week will be critical.

Home stretch now.