[Archive] CDO Tees shirts

torn:

i am sure they will be done by then!

the best idea really would be to et a set of GIF images made and put on the site so we can all download them and use them ourselves to get them made. I cant imagine there would be a bulk deal that would counteract the worldwide postage costs, but if there is then we need to agree on a design.

asheira:

I think that CDO should go on the front and the Rune should be on the left and right sholder with the CD picture on the back and CDO on the front

Willmark:

Keep it not to crazy will work the best IMHO. In fact while cool I don’t tthink that the CDO banner is the right thing to do:

- CDO title with actual address in smaller font.

- 1 graphic, maybe 2, and definitely not the full CD head

As far as intellectual property… it depends on what is used. GW can bluster all they want but if we are not making money of this. In fact by providing the graphics rather then the actual shirt they would be only extremely poor ground for any potential lawsuit. If there is nothing trademarked on the shirt they are on even shakier ground.

Lastly I highly doubt the rune of Hashut is a trademark. Copywright is a whole 'nother aspect to IP…

Narflung:

A shirt with a beard print going down the front, so we can all have our own curly beards

Pyro Stick:

the best idea really would be to et a set of GIF images made and put on the site so we can all download them and use them ourselves to get them made.

torn
GIF would be really bad quality though. It would have to be in jpeg aat least.

torn:

the thing is from the print on demand sites i have been looking at they work in GIF, because the printers themselves have a limited colour palate or something.

As far as i was thinking nothing i would have on a t-shirt would need 24 million colours anyway. Fonts in either black or white, and possibly something with a flame pattern.

As far as trademarks go the rune of hashut isnt one. It has never been an official GW symbol. As far as copywright . . . im not too sure if it counts or not, as it was created by the GW design team and used for chaos dwarfs. But would GW ever be able to remember this? or even recognise the rune?

Xander:

I think the idea that if we had two images, one for the front, one for the back, we could have those images available for download. Then it could be up to each of us, individually to buy our own shirts. This way the site does not have a responsibility for infringing rights.

I’d be inclined to lean to a tilted Rune on the front of the shirt. Then CDO + Url on the back.

Pfreck’s awesome avatar is an example of some great design work with the Rune:

torn:

yeah that is a great rune to use, and im sure its not way too difficult to do if you know how to use photoshop, which i dont, but im guessing what he has done is made the image into shades of red and then cut it into the shape of the rune of hashut.

i think leaving it to us to buy the t-shirts individually might be best, as at the end of the day im sure we will all want different sizes/styles/colours before the images and text has been put on. I myself would probably prefer a red t-shirt.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, how about, someone actually does this for themself and shows us the result? If I knew where to go etc, I’d do it. I like the idea of having our Xander-made avatars (assuming he gave us the right to do so) and some sort of reference to CDO and it’s url…

Willmark:

Whose got experience in t-shirt design?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Is t-shirt design necessary if we are to end up having to create the images in our own printers and ironing them onto our own shirts due to shipping costs?

Pyro Stick:

Whose got experience in t-shirt design?

Willmark
I think my Girlfriend may have some kind of experience and i have a friend who could tell me where to go to get one done so i would be up for doing a test.
Is t-shirt design necessary if we are to end up having to create the images in our own printers and ironing them onto our own shirts due to shipping costs?

Hashut's Blessing
I think people would rather have the option of a prefessionally done t shirt that will last until they feel stupid wearing it over somethingt that will crumble to bits withn a few months.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good point, Pyro. Unless, of course, it is easier to do it the second way 9and cheaper for all involved) and we could find one that wouldn’t crumble. A task I believe that would be futiel. if your girlfriend and friend could help and produce one, I’d gladly buy one, assuming they didn;t mind the effort.

Canix:

Yeah i would love the Idea of the avatar but would need a Xanderesque version for a tee shirt. lets see a test run one made:hat

Hashut’s Blessing:

Canix, I’m not sure if you’ll have to wait until we set-up MyPlaza and “buy” a Xandatar or not, but send him a picture of a model and find out :wink: (For those that haven’t heard of MyPlaza, go and listen to the podcast :smiley: )

Willmark:

Why “reinvent the wheel” we should look into this: www.cafepress.com

We could probably do it through here…

Pyro Stick:

Ok so what pics would people actually like on the tshirt? Please post them so i can get an idea of what to buy.

@Wilmark: My gf has an account on there so that might be a possibility.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I’d like my avatar on the fron (maybe saying CDO Mod) and on the back, across the shoulders, the website’s banner and underneath the url… (I tried to look at the website, Willmark, but Mr. xander’s making my browser crash :smiley: he he he)

Canix:

Canix, I'm not sure if you'll have to wait until we set-up MyPlaza and "buy" a Xandatar or not, but send him a picture of a model and find out ;) (For those that haven't heard of MyPlaza, go and listen to the podcast :D )

Hashut's Blessing
OH i have sent pictures of my CD sorcerer conversion but could probably take alot better picture now .Will do it in the next couple of days:hat

Pyro Stick:

Why "reinvent the wheel" we should look into this: www.cafepress.com

We could probably do it through here...

Willmark
With cafepress though, you design your tshirt and then it gets put up on the site for other people to buy and the website and the person who designed it get a piece of the money.