[Archive] CDO Tees shirts

Xander:

Pyro is right, that might be an issue.

Willmark:

We’ll just have to keep looking then, this is just one site that came to mind. I’m sure there are other, on demand print services out there. To keep a unified look whe should limit the colors of the tees. Red and black only?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Red and black are proper chaosdwarfish colours. nod

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good point. If we can solve this problem, it’d be great. I assume nobody works at a t-shirt printing place/near one/own a printing press? I’d say navy or black really. Unless, it’s a dark red.

Pyro Stick:

@Xander: If im going to get the CDO banner on the back then i think im going to need a much bigger version. DO you think you could get me one and post it?

Xander:

I will certainly have to get a bigger version, yes. Does your shop specify a DPI, or anything? Or a desired resolution? I will obviously want to make it as big as I can, but a size estimate would help.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I had some T-shirts made for my website, a few years ago. The owner of the shop recommended a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.

Xander:

Thanks Ishkur! How did your shirts turn out, by the way? :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think this topic had been spoken about before, either in the early days or back on HoH, but it never really made it to fruitition. However, with all of the details flying about, it seems a reality is about to occur.

Pyro Stick:

I will certainly have to get a bigger version, yes. Does your shop specify a DPI, or anything? Or a desired resolution? I will obviously want to make it as big as I can, but a size estimate would help.

Xander
It doesnt specify a DPI. The only thing that one site im checking out says is that the max file size is 12mb.

Apart from the CDO banner what else should be on it and what font should be used. Also, what text should be put on it?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think the url should be just under the banner. Either the same font as on the banner or something simple like Arial or Times New Roman. Althought, that’s on the banner. Maybe the words should be something akin to: We create as much as the Old Ones. I don;t know, something to describe us (that’s to say how much we sculpt and do ourselves and the fact that we make si much stuff as a race and so many innovations etc…).

Pyro Stick:

Ive been talking to a friend and he thinks you can use cafe press without the public being able to buy tshirts of your desing so that might be an option now.

So,an enlarged banner, with www.chaos-dwarfs.com underneath, in papyrus since thats my favourite font. What about having CDO under that as well?

And what should we go for on the front? Anything on the shoulders if we are allowed to?

torn:

my perfect t-shirt would be red, with a black and greyscale rune of hashut on the front, in the style xander posted before with the picture in it, then on the back accross the shoulders the website banner.

It wouldnt need a text URL as that is on the banner.

The same design could also be done with a red rune and a black t-shirt.

I think if avatars were to go on they should be small on one of the sleeves (10mm square-ish) because the images wont size very well without a million imperfections in my mini painting skills showing lol

Knight Of Awsome:

wow, this thread gained two pages overnight

Ok we could always change (the artwork) it, but this is just for positioning stuff on the shirt:

What do you think?:cheers

torn:

i would have the banner on the back a bit higher, about 3 inches down from the collar, so it should be level with shoulder blades and not get too creased.

as i mentioned previously there is no need for a url as its actually on the banner itself. having it twice would be a bit silly.

and id go for either the image or the rune on the front, not both. looks a bit crowded. but other than those few minor poits looking good so far!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Banner about an inch or two (real life) higher, no rune, no url underneath (I know I kept saying it before) as it’s on the banner.

Willmark:

Knight-problem is using actual artwork. If we use it it invites GWs wrath. We would be better served by text of our own devising…

Xander-300 dpi is the best to go with. JPEG should be fine. I’m sure most can accept a PDF as well assuming its created to the right specs.

Arlon:

kinkos does t shirts and i think there worldwide

why nt just post a design on the site have us print it out and take it down to kinkos or a similar place

Willmark:

Here are some ideas for T-shirts… Xander needs to get me the font for CDO… :wink:

Pyro Stick:

I really cant decide on what to put on the front. Ive got the banner on the back and the rune on the left shoulder. BOth have been enlarged on photoshop so you dont need to worry about it being out of focus hopefully.

What do you all think about writing ‘The Real Sons of Darkness’ under the banner on the back? Hashut is the father of darkness so it follows that we should be the sons of darkness.

All i need now is some kind of artwork to put on the front, preferably an awesome piece of chaos dwarf art that someone on these forums has done or a very good model with a lava background or soemthing