[Archive] CDO's Presence at Baltimore Games Day 2010

Borador:

A search light you say? Well, you could use a candle but have something added to the substance of the wax to make it burn 10 times brighter, but hey we are talking about chaos dwarfs here right? So we could just aswell pour some demons into a lamp and then open up the metal thing which shuts the slightly penetrated metal sheet off when the light needs to be turned off. and then ehm well something with hellcannonstyle decorations and ofcourse metal studs and strips and stuff ;D use your evil genius ^^

sounds like a great idea, looking forward to see pics =]

Border Reiver:

Ooh, not a bad idea.  I definitely planning to make a watchtower.  How would one do search lights with Warhammer tech, I wonder?

Xander
Same way they did Lighthouses up until the early 20th century - lightsource in front of highly polished mirror.

Hazkar:

Gamesday UK? why not Games Day Germany... it is mor in the middle of Europe so everybody who want to join has a shorter way to come :D

Snotling
that would be a reason for me to go to games day,for sure
and it would be a cool chance to meet some european members of the cdo

Zanko:

Gamesday UK? why not Games Day Germany... it is mor in the middle of Europe so everybody who want to join has a shorter way to come :D

Snotling
that would be a reason for me to go to games day,for sure
and it would be a cool chance to meet some european members of the cdo

Hazkar
I totally agree! :hat off

I must admit that I was never be at a Games Day!

:hashut

Hashut’s Blessing:

For searchlights: daemonic lamps or warpstone candles. Also, need mirrors, maybe daemonically possessed mirrors?

Candles with warpstone infused throughout (big ones) and daemons bound to mirrors made of ithilmar?

I would guess that Games Day Uk would garner more attention, but (regardless), why not just try to show up at EVERY Games day?

Hazkar:

why not just try to show up at EVERY Games day?

Hashut's Blessing
why not do our own cdo games day? ;)

Old One Eye:

I’m glad you guys liked my idea with the watchtowers makes me feel usefull

fonejaker:

im a hard core uk chaos dwarfer, i would be happy to take knife to some foam and make one of them for games day!!!

if there is any one who can help with the models or geting a place there (i have got no idea how to plan it)

josh

Thorne:

Sadly my terain making ability comes down to raiding my sons toy cupboard for semi usefulll type terain peices I wouldnt be much help here :S

Hashut’s Blessing:

If I were able to attend a GD, I’d offer my services, but why not make a new thread and keep helping Xander and Vexxus with ideas in this one?

BilboBaggins:

I’m not sure if I can go this year, but I haven’t gone to a games day in a few years. Depends on my new job, right now it’s a limited term but I’m hoping to get into a permanent position. Working after 11 months unemployed is interesting.

Xander:

I have submitted our application for a table!  We’ll hear back about whether or not we’ve been selected by April 30th.

cornixt:

Are you sure you want to give out your home address like that?

Grimstonefire:

Depending on how much it would weigh, I’d be happy to send you some small things.  I’ve made a few slaves chained/ hanging from iron spikes that would be good for decoration somewhere, and I would be willing to make some smaller CD scenery.  Nothing big though, air mail on large heavy boxes would not be cheap. :wink:

Which models are you planning to use for the slaves?  The older night goblins, goblins or older skaven would be good.  Reasonably cheap to get lots, and you will need lots to look effective.  The older skaven and night goblins would be ideal actually, as you could paint dozens quickly if you undercoated with a spray gun/ black undercoat.

Off topic, but AGPO and I were discussing at the open day how GW had a board with a destroyed baneblade!  You’d have to be serious to put that much money into one small part of a board.

Xander:

Ya, I don’t mind putting my mailing address in this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

Grim, anything you want to send would be awesome. I have tons of old night goblins and other models; slaves should be no problem.

You’ll note that I never used the word slave in the application. Haha, how PC of me.

furrie:

Great way to promote chaos dwarfs, I hope alot of poeple will come to the table. That way GW can see that chaos dwarfs need to be back as an amry

Willmark:

Looks like I will be there as well, two years in a row for the meet up yah!

JLmaster1990:

Mesa Citadel Gamers has been accepted to Gamesday Baltimore this year. We will be hosting a club table there as well. Here is our description:

Battle for Paradise Ruins

The mighty armies of the Old World do battle over Paradise. An ancient human strong hold that has partially returned to the soil. The primeval castle holds a dark secret. A translucent jade stone sent from the heavens that amplifies magic. 2 races will battle for control of this stone. 500 points worth of a Borderland team will be allowed to participate. Wood Elves and Chaos Dwarfs will be supplied if you do not wish to use your own models. If you do use your own models you will receive a bonus re-roll to be used during the game. If you win the battle you will receive a trophy to remember your victory. May glory in death be your mistress inside Castle Paradise.

I will be great to put name to faces. On this forum i’m more of lurker than anything else ;P.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

How about a Zarhh Nagrund Dice Tower? I’m sure no other table would have one. Incorporate it into your scenery.

Here’s 2 from You-Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc80FyPvIlY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uijm2HUm7G0&feature=related

Grimstonefire:

When is Games Day Baltimore?

It was around May 9th last year I think. Is it the only one in USA this year?