[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Army List Info - Tamurkhan

Time of Madness:

Well with the release of Tamurkhan (Chaos Dwarf Army Book) it is only fair to create a thread that gathers all the information relating to the upcoming Chaos Dwarf Army. I realize Grimstonefire has a sticky thread, but a fair chunk of that information is outdated especially in regards to the Chaos Dwarf Army List

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tamurkhan is due out in July 2011. The Chaos Dwarfs were  primairliy designed to be used as a contingent to add to the Warrior’s of Chaos army, however the book contains a FULL playable Chaos Dwarf Army List with many options and upgrades.

The new Chaos Dwarf infantry (Infernal Guard) are Chaos Dwarf Slaves that are forced to wear the full suit of armour and full face helmet before being unleashed on the Chaos Dwarfs enemies. The champion has no full face helmet which is a reward from his captors.

Most of the warmachines had two pages of rules/background/stats etc some of this stuff is going to be complicated to use. The Warsmiths also had a huge amount of original rules and exciting options.

Warmachines can be connected to form a seige train, however it costs a ton of points and won’t be used unless you are playing 'ard boy lists (3000+pts).

FROM MUPPET515 via warseer - Also got to have a quick look at the Tamurkhan book at the open day, few little tidbits I can remember and that I’ve not seen posted yet, can’t remember exactly what can be posted in regard to stats/rules so I’ll be a bit vague.

CD blunderbusses are multiple shots D3 with no minuses for multiple shots or stand and shoot, their range is four times a CD’s movement.

One of the CD units, the infernal guard iirc, have the option for Ensorcelled weapons which are the same as those on Chaos Knights but still allow a parry save.
led 571 Wrote:

Chaos Dwarfs do have them as a list that you can use them on there own, bull centaurs are monstrous beasts and hob goblins are in!

blunderbuss have extra rules for the size of the unit. a unit 10+ gets no modifiers for long range or stand and shoot a unit 20+ also gets to reroll to hit or wound (sorry cant remember which).
led 571 Wrote:

Only strength 3 with armour piecing and can’t remember the range, they where saying it should be going to the printers in July.
Valaraukar via Kroothawk Wrote:

That reminds me, Alan Bligh the author of the new Tamurkhan book mentioned that the Chaos Dwarves would have a special character Great Taurus in addition to the standard one and that these would now be constructs powered by bound fire demons. He also said there would a monstrous infantry incarnation of these so giant flame filled suits of animated armour!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways that is it for now. If you got a chance to check out the book at open day or know of more confirmed entries please add them to this thread.

Time of Madness

AssurBahniZharr:

SS…Sorry…

is this a rumor or what?!

:o

Hope You’re serious…or are we in a Time of Madness?!

Mr Saturday:

Whazzat now?!

Full list. Ack! Joy overload…followed by caution. But still joy. Chaos dwarf slaves. Hmm. Obviously this is going to be a major update to the chaos dwarf background, which is great, but a little scary…

Thommy H:

This doesn’t sound that good.

KramDratta:

Sorry but I’m having problems digesting this part >>> "The new Chaos Dwarf infantry (Infernal Guard) are Chaos Dwarf Slaves that are forced to wear the full suit of armour and full face helmet before being unleashed on the Chaos Dwarfs enemies. The champion has no full face helmet which is a reward from his captors. "

I know that TOM is only relaying what he’s seen/heard, so I’m not saying this to him. But Chaos Dwarf as Slaves ???

Mr Saturday:

I’m having trouble with that too.

Thommy H:

It does seem a bit…inconsistent. Why would you punish a Dwarf by making him wear armour? The concept rather precludes other, non-slave, Chaos Dwarfs from wearing full armour and helmets too.

Nicodemus:

Or is it that the Chaos Dwarfs are the ones that are enslaved!?? That seems doubly disappointing.

furrie:

Good to hear that the chaos dwarfs will be fully playable, to bad some are slaves. I will probably use hobgoblins to present them to honor the orignal background.

Whitehorn:

Maybe they’re Haflings, Gnoblars, Gnomes and Goblins in chaos power armour?

Thommy H:

I think there’s going to be a lot of debate about how canonical this new material is anyway, given that we haven’t seen much about Daemonsmiths so far and, according to a current Warhammer Armies book and their only legal unit in the game, that’s the Chaos Dwarfs’ whole schtick. My guess is that the WF rules will be no more “the” way to play Chaos Dwarfs than anything else has been.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well…if it sucks…can we still play with the RH list?

cornixt:

The ;eaked fluff in the book from ages ago sounded like Turkman (my name for him) was going to enslave the CDs and use them to help him conquer the world. Sounds like that is how it will go. Either that or CDs take slaves of their own kind, which is not unusual in slave-taking cultures, although new to the CDs.

Mr Saturday:

They might even be a particular chaos dwarf faction. Hard to know until we get more details from this tantalising book. I won’t be decommissioning my inferno golems JUST yet.

Baggronor:

It does seem a bit...inconsistent. Why would you punish a Dwarf by making him wear armour? The concept rather precludes other, non-slave, Chaos Dwarfs from wearing full armour and helmets too.
Perhaps they can't pay their debts? That sounds like the sort of thing that would go down really really badly in CD society. If left with no other way to collect his dues, maybe the CD boss who is out of pocket gets to enslave the guy who owes him as payment. Its certainly the ultimate humiliation for a CD.

Their slave status could also explain the conspicuous lack of absurd hats on them.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, who’s going to know for sure until we can read the book, right?

I just wonder what type of influence the FW book will have on GW making the CD’s again. If the FW book sells well, who knows?

warh:

I like this idea, if it’s the cd lord who have the slave’s and not a chaos warrior lord.

makes it look more like a evil dictatorship

AssurBahniZharr:

So Big Hats rule…masks obey…

uh…it’s sounds good to me !!!

Aehm…

I mean that also in the original fluff Sorcerers are the sole rulers of CD’s society and they literaly own workshops and smiths, warriors and slaves. Bullcentaurs are the ones the Sorcerer trust the most, followed by his lords (maybe relatives).

So it is not too strange to me that at some point we have even Chaos dwarfs as Slaves.

The Infernal Guard could be base troops, not yet worthy warriors, or CD not able to be smiths or…

…Common Dwarfs…enslaved, twisted and or mutated by some magic to obey their Big Hat cousins.

This sounds perfect to me!

Hope i’m near to the truth ;p

wallacer:

I suppose the idea of CD enslaving their own kind isn’t as weird as I first thought.

One would tend to think that they would have far more non-CD slaves though.

KingFisher:

I suppose the idea of CD enslaving their own kind isn't as weird as I first thought.
One would tend to think that they would have far more non-CD slaves though.

wallacer
There in lies a contradiction.  

If they are lower in the power hierarchy then a "Chaos Dwarf Warrior"

Then it would make sense they would be less powerful combat wise.

From the looks of these models and such they look like a "Elite Infantry"

So then that gives the following options.

1.Most logically:
These become the new base core troops, taking the current spot in the list filled by the chaos dwarf warriors at 8-10pts plus upgrades. The chaos dwarf warriors get buffed up and get stuff like chaos armor, magical weapons, a mark of hashut  (assuming we are now a WoC subgroup right?) etc. and go to 15ish pts each like Temple Gaurd in the lizard man list. Hobgoblins stay the same as "chaff"

2. (GW conventional thinking answer) They make these troops between a chaos dwarf warrior and a hobgoblin in ability. Better then a green skin but not good enough to be a real warrior? Maybe 7pts each? dosnt make much sense because the Chaos dwarf list really needs a stronger foot troop to deal with the low T low I and lack of wards.

3. Silly answers. They make these guys the a new special choice sort of like black orcs. Makes no sense that they be martially more powerful then the standard chaos dwarf warriors unless they have a "stupidity=strength" or something rule that makes them easy to control. While actually being able to beat a CD warrior 1 to 1.