[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Army List Info - Tamurkhan

zobo1942:

Any word on a lamassu?

Grimstonefire:

People should listen to #58 of the Bad dice podcast from about 53mins onwards.  I know one of the Bens are on here, so thanks.

http://baddice.co.uk/

Some interesting things in there about the book.  All the CD we’re going to see are from one general’s army from what I understand, the Legion of Azelorn (or something like that, Azelorn being a citadel).  It is not the total army of all the chaos dwarfs (though I may be wrong).

Meaning that the units/ machines we see are from his army and effectively are named regiments.

Some other interesting bits:

Iron daemon war engine

Rocket launcher firing daemon spirits (hunter killer missile etc daemons seek souls)

Kadai (Fire daemons in armour).

Infernal guard have ironbreaker like stats.  Masks welded on, presumably chaos armour.  No identity.  Champion proved himself and has mask ripped off.

Thommy H:

Rocket launcher firing daemon spirits (hunter killer missile etc daemons seek souls)
GET OUT OF MY HEAD, GW :(:(:(

warh:

they sure have read Thommys book

Baggronor:

To be fair, Death Rockets are described like that in Grudgebearer.

Thommy H:

They’re described as having Daemons bound into the rockets, I know that, but my list has the Altar of Hashut, which is essentially a war machine that fires souls.

I’m only kidding really - like I say, path of inspiration and all that, but it is an interesting coincedence.

Mr Saturday:

I just had a quick gander through your book, nice work sir!

Sanguinarian:

GET OUT OF MY HEAD, GW :(:(:(

Thommy H
Use this as an opportunity to make a wishlist in your book and have it all released in the official rules ;)

Grimstonefire:

Back in the list I helped write for the german project we had a Soul Reaper (a machine firing daemonic energy waves).  I seem to remember also having possessed rockets as an upgrade, but not all the time.

Glimpse the Void:

Speaking of GW reading minds, I was startled to read about the Infernal Guard.  I had come up with an idea for my obsidion guard as Black Orcs who had been possed, twisted, strengthened, and enslaved by demonic means.  The champion being the only one who’s face wasn’t encased in armor…

Alric:

I think for any of us that have spent time coming up with ideas for new units for a CD army we’ll find some similarities to some of our own ideas and we could trace some of those ideas to other GW army books. The Indy GT list has “inferno golems” troops which I always thought were a natural for a chaos dwarf army. I remember starting a thread on these forums about a new idea for the Bull Taurus (based on Chaos Juggernauts) and mentioned something similar to what is suggested at FW.

The models look great with their gunpowder and steampunk look my 2 best friends Master Card and Visa cant wait to get a hold of them. So far everything sounds spot on for a great CD army and any similarities I take as a happy coincidence.

Grimstonefire:

Incase anyone is rushing to put their BC on 40mm bases I’d wait a bit and see what happens.

Rumours on warseer say the WF BC are rearing up and quite evil looking, but are still on cavalry bases.

Skink:

Sorry, I’m too lazy to check all the previous posts and threads (plus I’m in an internet cafè and paying lots of money for my connection:)). When is the Tamurkhan book coming out and which CD units are going to be released???

wallacer:

Book comes out in July, apparently.

Not sure on miniatures but Skullcraker and the artillery train seem to be the ones that have either been sculpted or are very nearly finished.

Willmark:

Things are turning up for the Dawi Zharr, only took 15+ years :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

In July? Think it may coincide much with Storm of Magic (confirmed July release date)?

Thommy H:

Maybe, but I wouldn’t read anything into that. GW and Forge World have totally independent release schedules.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I know, but it means LOTS of big things coming out at once and a fair amount of big news and lots of pages all in July.

Grimstonefire:

Might as well put this here.

Rumour has it that there will be a hobgoblin special character and at least one HG crewed warmachine.

Also.  There may not be a CD only list just in the Tamurkhan book…  But potentially in another. :wink:

Grimstonefire:

Seeing as it is highly pertinent at the moment, I thought I would draw attention a little to my post above.

There have been rumours that there may be more than one chaos dwarf army list.  I’m trying to find out more info from my sources.

So far I think we’re looking at this, piecing together various rumours (public and private).  Not sure how much of this will be in the Tamurkhan book.

CHARACTERS:

Sorcerer

Engineer

fighty lord/ hero

Hobgoblin hero

Special character Hobgoblin/ Hobgoblin Lord

Great Taurus

Mounted sorcerer

Mounted fighty lord

Special Character Great Taurus

CORE:

Warriors

Blunderbussers platform (could be special)  There are command models to follow.

Hobgoblins on foot

Hobgoblins mounted (presumably on wolves)

SPECIAL:

Infernal Guard

Magma Cannon

Death Shrieker Rocket

Kadai (ogre sized)

Bull Centaurs (cavalry base)

Hobgoblin War machine

2nd Hobgoblin War machine (possibly)

Infernal Ironsworn/ Immortals

Black Orcs 0-1 (no new models)

RARE:

Bombard Cannon