[Archive] Chaos dwarf fortress interior

kekenda:

I’m trying to make my army like they are in their fortress,so I’ll add some architecture,which will work pefect as a unit  filler. Here is a statue as beginning. Here are some miniatures done so you can see whats the idea I have on my mind.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Bloodbeard:

Great hellcannon and destroyer! I really like your bases, it looks good. There must be 100+ different lava types in this forum, and this is another great example.

Please post a complete shot of the destroyer.

kekenda:

Great hellcannon and destroyer! I really like your bases, it looks good. There must be 100+ different lava types in this forum, and this is another great example.

Please post a complete shot of the destroyer.

Bloodbeard
Thanks mate,the idea is to make it look like a large blacksmith,and as it is in volcano,who needs furnace and fire when you have lava all around you,thats why there is a river of lava going through the place.

Admiral:

Bloody good work! I especially like the statue, but the other stuff are also really nice.

kekenda:

Bloody good work! I especially like the statue, but the other stuff are also really nice.

Admiral
Thanks,the statue should represent an ancestor of chaos dwarfs,so it will look dwarvish(considering what they were)but still showing the begining of their culture,thats why the babylonian beard is there.

Admiral:

Very interesting concept. It works well.

If you want to show the gradual “evolution” of the Chaos Dwarfs, then check out Nicodemus’ Road to Zharr-Naggrund for further inspiration on how such a step-by-step process can be showcased by monuments.

kekenda:

Very interesting concept. It works well.

If you want to show the gradual "evolution" of the Chaos Dwarfs, then check out Nicodemus' Road to Zharr-Naggrund for further inspiration on how such a step-by-step process can be showcased by monuments.

Admiral
Wow,thats awesome! But this is the only thing in my army that shows the beggining,cause my theme is oposite of what they were-slaver demon dwarfs,I'm trying to convert demons so for each warmachine trying to make diorama that shows demons doing same thing as mashines,so there are dwarfs push alive victims into pools of lava where the demons burn down their bodies and shoot out the souls(death rockets) magma cannons are captured demons vomiting lava etc,in general a lot of demons :).Here's a WIP of one of my magma cannons(sorry for crap picture) I need to put troll vomit from river trolls to serve as lava and chains on his hands.

Admiral:

Now that’s a damned cool idea if I ever saw one. Nice theme. Great Magma Cannon! I’ll follow this log.

Xander:

Awesome stuff. Love the chaos dwarf crewmen! Any close ups of them?

Yodrin:

Wow, awesome stuff!!. Both Destroyer and HC looks really great and so does your bases. Cant wait to see more!!!

kekenda:

Awesome stuff. Love the chaos dwarf crewmen! Any close ups of them?

Xander
Here you go mate

kekenda:

Picture of demon’s throat glowing,it should represent how it shoots(it spits :smiley: ).

Sticklander:

The concept of the warmachines being actual demons, rather than warmachines infused with souls, is quite interesting!

Lots of great stuff here!

Yodrin:

I agree with Xander, your crewmen looks awesome!!

kekenda:

Some progress on the statue,not sure I chose the right pose but if the weapon go on the ground,what was the original idea, in front or behind him I wont be able to put the unit around him,since its a unit filler.

Admiral:

Whether the pose is the right for a unit filler or not, that’s surely good progress.

Bloodbeard:

It’s gonna be a super nice unitfiller. Making your minions carry around a humongous statue - the only way to enforce your will as an evil overlord!

Abecedar:

Inside the fortress.  Nice concept you have chosen.  There can be a whole range of bases to use for variety amongst your units. No grass,  which is my favourite option

kekenda:

Base done and its ready for painting :smiley:

Admiral:

That looks pretty nifty. Is the scalemail done in red sculpting putty? I’ve never heard of or seen anything like it before.

Good execution of that concept!