[Archive] Chaos dwarf fortress interior

kekenda:

That looks pretty nifty. Is the scalemail done in red sculpting putty? I've never heard of or seen anything like it before.

Good execution of that concept!

Admiral
I dont know the name of material so I'll put the picture of it,I know kids use it in school,its cheap,nice for working and it gets hard only after cooking it so you can work on it for days,and after putting it in boiling water it is almost same as plastic. The hole thing is made of this.

Admiral:

Hahahaha, I’d never have thought to use it for big statues, but it actually worked!

I guess one problem with the material might be if you want to get sharp edges, but your statue is fine as it is.

Yodrin:

Very nice work on the statue there;). Is it as huge as it seems?

Admiral:

Now that you mentions it, Yodrin. Is that a Chariot (50x100mm) base?

In that case, a Screaming Bell (60x100mm) base will allow it to rank up perfectly with infantry on 20mm bases. Could be worth a purchase of bases from GW for all those cool dioramas, unit fillers and warmachines.

kekenda:

No,its a unit filler so dident want to go too far,it is replacing 8 miniatures so the base is 8cm wideand 4cm deep,he is around 10 cm and a base itself is made of klirit,my friend has a workshop and he is cutting it with laser so we are able to have whatever base size we imagine.

Admiral:

Ingenious. That’s handy.

Yodrin:

Great!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

kekenda:

Magma demon(cannon) done converting and WIP of Dhrammin the Forgotten summoning his taurus(putting the limited edition sorcerer behind on the edge of cobble stone floor).

Admiral:

Really nice work. I especially like the Troll vomit conversion on the Balrog. If you add a few rivets to the shackles of the Daemon it should have a perfect level of detail. :slight_smile:

torn:

Great blog, I’m loving some of the ideas in here.

Abecedar:

Am definitely enjoying your take on the war machines.

just one worry though. All your pics are in thumbnails as attachments and i think there is a totals limit on how much data you can keep attached.

kekenda:

Am definitely enjoying your take on the war machines.

just one worry though.  All your pics are in thumbnails as attachments and i think there is a totals limit on how much data you can keep attached.

Abecedar
Ok thanks.

kekenda:

Magma demons dome, paining “only” now :slight_smile:

kekenda:

An idea for hobgoblin unit filler. :slight_smile: The railroad will fit the theme.

Admiral:

Smart! Where did you find the railroad? It looks like the mine cart was made for it.

kekenda:

Smart! Where did you find the railroad? It looks like the mine cart was made for it.

Admiral
In a chinesse toy shop. :D

Abecedar:

Very nice work, I’ve always wondered if train tracks would be the right scale.

kekenda:

Some progress on infernals, and it finally comes to make my death shireker demons, fire demons burning down victims thrown into pools of lava and shooting out their souls, can;t wait to start it :slight_smile:

kekenda:

Slow but good progress, just like chaos dwarfs like it. :slight_smile:

Bloodbeard:

The statue is amazing!