[Archive] Chaos Dwarf gems on Cool Mini Or Not and other places on the internet! (not mine)

Da Crusha:

wow lots of really cool minis, my favorite marauder model is that 2 headed dwarf, but I really love that great taurus, hopefully one day I can paint one as good as that.

Da Crusha
The 2 headed chaos dwarf (drum and drone) isnt a marauder model, its a citadel chaos dwarf renegade.

Pyro Stick
hmm, I didnt know there was a difference, I had always classified them the same. were they made in different series, or... how exactly does that work?

Pyro Stick:

wow lots of really cool minis, my favorite marauder model is that 2 headed dwarf, but I really love that great taurus, hopefully one day I can paint one as good as that.

Da Crusha
The 2 headed chaos dwarf (drum and drone) isnt a marauder model, its a citadel chaos dwarf renegade.

Pyro Stick
hmm, I didnt know there was a difference, I had always classified them the same. were they made in different series, or... how exactly does that work?

Da Crusha
Marauder was a completely different company run by Ally and Trish Morrison. Heres their catalogue of models: http://www.solegends.com/marauder/index.htm

And heres the Marauder set of Chaos Dwarfs, known as the MM90 Chaos Dwarfs:

The models were distributed by Citadel but they were a completely different company to GW. GW eventually bought them and sold their models for a while but they stopped selling them a while ago.

Heres is the Citadel catalogue of chaos dwarfs: http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Chaos_Dwarfs

It includes the renegades (drum and drone etc) and all the other chaos dwarfs from 3rd edition. You can clearly see the difference between the citadel CD's and the MM90's.

Da Crusha:

oh wow, so let me get this straight:

marauder models are mm90’s which were distributed by citadel but were not gw

the 8 renegade models and the other chaos dwarfs are citadel

citadel was bought by gw, or later became gw?

all were 3rd ed. models and at sometime owned by gw?

Pyro Stick:

citadel was bought by gw, or later became gw?

all were 3rd ed. models and at sometime owned by gw?

Da Crusha
I think citadel was always a part of GW:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citadel_Miniatures

So GW owned their own 3rd edition models and then later on Marauder miniatures was bought by GW and they basically merged together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citadel_Miniatures#Model_ranges

Da Crusha:

oh, well, thanks a lot, Im going to be bringing a whole bunch of chaos dwarf (Marauder, renegade and other 3rd ed) models to a tournament soon and its good to know the facts. Thanks!

Pyro Stick:

oh, well, thanks a  lot, Im going to be bringing a whole bunch of chaos dwarf (Marauder, renegade and other 3rd ed) models to a tournament soon and its good to know the facts. Thanks!

Da Crusha
Do you have any pics of your mm90's? Do you have the full set?

AGPO:

The facts are as follows:

Citadel miniatures is the miniature producing wing of Games Workshop, in much the same way as White Dwarf is the magazine publishing section and black library was the other publishing section.

Marauder minis was a seperate firm that produced minis for Warhammer, which were distributed by Games Workshop. GW later bought Marauder and continued to release some of their later minis (such as the original steam tank) under the citadel label.

GRNDL:

I believe Marauder were a couple of sculptors - Aly and Trish Morrison -  who had worked for GW (at Citadel) for a long time, then went solo for a time and then were eventually reabsorbed or rehired by GW. They still work at GW.

clam:

Came round CMoN today and found these worth mention:

Stumpo’s (Gaspaz Arts) - blood bowl chaos dwarfs:

Snotling:

Oh yeah, I allready know them, they are soo cool. I have seen the Green of one of them, totally inspiring and a good reference for dwarfish anatomy. The Hobbos are some of the best I’ve ever seen (not in the sport uniforms, but theire bodies and faces). Awesome work and a pitty that they are unique…

Borador:

I think I saw those up on ebay recently, though I could be mistaken. they look pretty awesome =D

clam:

They were at eBay. Sold at $570 :~

Zanko:

Outstanding minis! :hat off

The painted Blood Bowl Team is ace!!!

Very sad that they don’t made “normal” CD warriors! :frowning:

I used one CD as a member at my warmammoth and one CD as a crew member of my Death Rocket! :cheers

The 2 BCs are still waiting in the cabinet to get painted … :wink:

:hashut

Obsidian:

I remember seeing some nice pieces while browsing the internet a while back, I’ll try to re-find them and post them here.

Obsidian:

Remembered where I saw one! One of Sjoerdo’s sculpts this time:

Lonewolf.

Fallen246:

THAT. That is one fine miniature.

Da Crusha:

oh, well, thanks a  lot, Im going to be bringing a whole bunch of chaos dwarf (Marauder, renegade and other 3rd ed) models to a tournament soon and its good to know the facts. Thanks!

Da Crusha
Do you have any pics of your mm90's? Do you have the full set?

Pyro Stick
woops! I just realized I never answered this. umm yes I posted pics of them in my army blog, no full set though. better a year and a half later than never:s.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Awesome stuff! I like that Bloodbowl team. Would be nice to see those Bull Centaurs in regular armour.

Da Crusha:

ohh just found this guy on coolminiornot. very nicely done model.

Nicodemus:

Sweet mother that’s great. Good find Da Crusha!!! I’ve been looking for some unique ways to do my Sorcerers… and I’ll have no qualms with copying this conversion for my own army :wink: