[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut

Threadbare:

Another Juggernaut on ebay (not mine). Time to start placing bets as to how high this one will go for. Good luck if you go for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Citadel-Chaos-Dwarf-Juggernaut-extension-very-rare-/250749737073?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item3a61d95871

Obsidian:

Wow, that one almost looks too mint to be the real deal! :slight_smile:

Zanko:

500 GBP and still 7 days left … crazy! :o

:hashut

ingtar_shinowa:

I know, I watched it but its going for a crazy amount!

rolljordan:

And reserve not met :frowning:

I got 3 of them :slight_smile: may be putting them up for sale :wink: who knows.

ingtar_shinowa:

who buys them for prices like that?

Gorim Ulthersson:

Someone should sculpt exactly the same thing and sell it for those who are not willing to spend so much:P

Willmark:

7 days left with the price at that level? Madness.

Borador:

guessing it might even exceed 1000GBP, this one looks really, really mint. Madness indeed

cornixt:

I’d think twice before shelling out that much cash on something that looks so suspiciously like a recast.

Sjoerdo:

I'd think twice before shelling out that much cash on something that looks so suspiciously like a recast.

cornixt
Steve Casey (the seller) is a very well know citadel collector.
Such insinuations are out of order :|

http://collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Bridgend_steve

Gorim Ulthersson:

I always wondered how is it possible for people like Steve to list so many so rare items so often… There are only few answers, some as bizzare as driving through the whole country buying stuff from people that have huge collections, and think of those as mass of worthless metal…

To tell the truth I don’t like that some of those “collectors” are “major traders”. Guy can have a traveling bag full of juggernauts, yet he won’t sell any to some other members of the “CCM group”, instead he is after profit and put the thing on e-bay…

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Crazy how much money can be made with old and outdated miniatures. o.O

Though the juggernaut is of course a nice model.

nitroglysarine:

its missing a few bits isn’t it?

cornixt:

Steve Casey (the seller) is a very well know citadel collector.
Such insinuations are out of order :|

Sjoerdo
I don't know the guy at all, I just called it as I saw it: A single bad picture of a lot of "mint" parts that are sold for a LOT of money. If you insist that this trader wouldn't sell recasts then I'll take your word for it, yours means a hell of a lot more to me than his.

Sjoerdo:

I always wondered how is it possible for people like Steve to list so many so rare items so often... There are only few answers, some as bizzare as driving through the whole country buying stuff from people that have huge collections, and think of those as mass of worthless metal....

To tell the truth I don't like that some of those "collectors" are "major traders". Guy can have a traveling bag full of juggernauts, yet he won't sell any to some other members of the "CCM group", instead he is after profit and put the thing on e-bay...

Gorim Ulthersson
As far as I am awere on CCM there is is a lot of 'internal' trade going on. I know of at least two ass cannons that changed owner amongst members there.

I know Steve only as a trader, he buys lots (also new) and sells lots, but never once was associated with recasting, would kill his own reputation and his business.

macbeth:

It may sound silly, but isn’t it a kind of siege tower?

And so wouldn’t be easier to make one from this far more affordable thing? http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1140139&rootCatGameStyle=

and a bull centaur?

I agree that authentic classical minis are better than conversion, but come on! £500!?

Sjoerdo:

.... but come on! £500!?

macbeth
trust me it will end way higher than that :)

Blue in VT:

It may sound silly, but isn't it a kind of siege tower?

And so wouldn't be easier to make one from this far more affordable thing? http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1140139&rootCatGameStyle=
and a bull centaur?

I agree that authentic classical minis are better than conversion, but come on! £500!?

macbeth
You are assuming that this will be purchased for actual gaming...I can all but guarantee that it will never see a table top...in fact it will probably never be assembled...it will stay in a box and help to complete someones "collection".....so when its left to the collectors these things can reach crazy values...which this one already has!

Cheers,

Blue

clam:

Ended at £590 - but reserves wasn’t met :o

Think Steve was expecting another guy with $1500 to spend would come around - glad to see it didn’t go that crasy.