[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Navy

Kera foehunter:

Here one for you guys :cheers

Where would the sea ports be for the chaos dwarf navy. There are no referances of any seaports that i could find. But there are rules and ships in the man o war game:hat off

Willmark:

Its alluded to in a couple of places. The old Man O’ War game, See of Blood pack and actually in the chaos dwarf fluff: they use the very city of Zharr-Naggrund as a naval base. They either sail south down the river Ruin or go north through the tunnel to Uzkulak, the Palace of the skull and out onto teh Sea of Claws to raid.

Canix:

They have seaports and canals in each city on the river

from WDP Chaos dwarf

Imperial year 1000" To fuel the ever increasing demands for slaves the chaos dwarf fleet cruises the river Ruin and the Sea of Dread enslaving those unfortunate enough to cross its path.A great sea canal is constructed linking the Falls of Doom with the Sea of chaos giving the fleet an exit in the north."

so in essence the river is like the Panama canal and fleets can travel from north to south(must have ship sized locks) ,hope that helps:hat

Kera foehunter:

Thanks guys :cheers:o do you know where i could find more imfo .On Chaos dwarf navy stuff???

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek:

The Plaguefleet expansion for Man o’ War is a good source of information, as it contains the entry for Chaos Dwarves in the game.

Greetz

Kera foehunter:

Sweeeeeet.thanks dude!!!

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek:

No problem. grins… I believe the discussion on Man o’ War in the OT section has a link to the rules. (Spacehulk.co.something).

Greetz

wallacer:

From memory, I think they have a big underground canal that connects them to the Sea of Claws.

Kera foehunter:

Wow thats a lot of tunnels.

wallacer:

Wow thats a lot of tunnels.

Kera foehunter
CD have a lot of slaves to dig them with.

Tallhat:

Wasnt there at some point talk about re-releasing Man o’ War?

- Tallhat

Pyro Stick:

Wasnt there at some point talk about re-releasing Man o' War?

- Tallhat

Tallhat
Yes, but it was just a couple of pages about how excited some of us would be if it was released.

Willmark:

From memory, I think they have a big underground canal that connects them to the Sea of Claws.

wallacer
No one ever reads post #2 :rolleyes:

metro_gnome:

which is strange as it the only really confirmed bit of underground engineering for the chaos dwarfs…

mine of gorgoth i suppose but ther is no fluff on them…

wallacer:

which is strange as it the only really confirmed bit of underground engineering for the chaos dwarfs...
mine of gorgoth i suppose but ther is no fluff on them...

metro_gnome
A lot of it could just be a naturally occuring underground river or tunnel system, I suppose, which the CD just sort of linked together (sort of like how the Panama canal took advantage of existing rivers and terrain features).

Willmark:

And yet was a monumental achievement considering the age and just how much time it actually took to complete.

wallacer:

And yet was a monumental achievement considering the age and just how much time it actually took to complete.

Willmark
I'm not trying to diminish it any way, I was just using it to illustrate a point.

Willmark:

Willmark
I'm not trying to diminish it any way, I was just using it to illustrate a point.

wallacer
K. Imagine they had machinery to help and it still took ten years. Of course CDs have machinery as well as slaves to boot, so maybe not that tough of a task in the world of warhammer after all. ;)

Kera foehunter:

But what is 10 years to a Chaos Dwarf??

wallacer:

Of course CDs have machinery as well as slaves to boot

Willmark
Not to mention magic.
Clever little stunties.