[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Pre Orders/New Releases

ryanamandaanna:

@ryanamandaanna: I used normal shipping

KramDratta
Yep, mine just said last night that my order was shipped. Can't wait for more, yo! :cheers

Summerian:

does anyone know how long a standard order will take to deliver in the UK?

Grimstonefire:

I bought mine on friday I think and it arrived today!  All 50 pieces there, excellant casting.

:D:D:D

Summerian:

mine arrived today :slight_smile:

nitroglysarine:

mine arrived today :)

Summerian
Pictures, pictures, pictures!!! :)

furrie:

mine arrived today :)

Summerian
Pictures, pictures, pictures!!! :)

nitroglysarine
Yeah picture, to see a step for step constrution of the machine :D

Grimstonefire:

No pics yet, but the base size is probably 50mm by 100mm (i.e. a chariot base) at the absolute smallest.  Though the screaming bell base (60mm by 100mm) would look much better.

It comes with instructions.

From what I managed to do earlier it’s going together well.  Some bits the locator pegs are a tiny bit off where they should be, meaning that things don’t go on quite straight or are a very tight fit.  Which is hardly a big deal to correct, just slice a bit off the pegs.

Of the 3 crew;

The guy holding his visor up is my favourite.  Very well sculpted with a suitably dwarf sized belly.

The guy leaning over shouting would be very difficult to make into a warrior with some resculpting (should anyone be considering this… ;)) because he’s leaning over too much and is very limited in posing because of the arms. I anticipate that this model would be typical of the armour we’ll get on basic warriors.

The third guy (the one shovelling) is also great.  Leaning over a fair bit as well though.

Summerian:

I will have a couple of pics up tonight but I’ve gotta go to town so i can buy paints, brushes, glue, clippers…basically everything as I sold it all when I stopped playing a while back c’est la vie.

I agree that the guy holding his visor up is the coolest, his hat is quite cool the dwarf shovelling the coal is also awesome, i would be tempted to turn him into a sorcerer if I was better at converting.

GRNDL:

They must be filling local (i.e: UK) orders first. My pre-order, done the same day of the announcement, is only at the “acknowledged” level at the moment. Ah well. I’ve got the Hellsmith to be keeping me company till then.

Blue in VT:

GRNDL,

Quick question…did you order straight from WF or is there a NA distributor?

Blue

GRNDL:

Straight from the FW/WF website. Delivery has usually been very prompt, even to North America, but I guess its a bit early to be concerned. Let’s face it, they said models would be dispatched May 23rd, so expecting them NOW is a bit much. :slight_smile:

Blue in VT:

thanks for that info GRNDL…:hat off

Is anyone interested in splitting a box of each the Infernal guard and FireGlaive guys? I would love to have a few to paint and/or skirmish with but MM90s and 3rd edition will continue to be my main CD force (meager though it is) so I don’t want to invest in a whole unit. I would be happy with 2 or 3 of each.

Let me know!

Cheers,

Blue

Pyro Stick:

They must be filling local (i.e: UK) orders first. My pre-order, done the same day of the announcement, is only at the "acknowledged" level at the moment. Ah well. I've got the Hellsmith to be keeping me company till then.

GRNDL
My order is still at acknowledged as well so im guessing the Iron Deamon orders are being fulfilled first.

GRNDL:

My order included an Iron Daemon as well as some Inferno Guard, w/command. I suppose you could be right in that they’re holding off the whole thing until Inferno Guard are available/ready. I think you’re suggesting that orders of only the Iron Daemon are going out?

Pyro Stick:

I think you're suggesting that orders of only the Iron Daemon are going out?

GRNDL
Thats what it looks like to me, unless everyone that has ordered so far has ordered more than just the Iron Deamon? If they have then i guess the orders are just being dispatched randomly.

Time of Madness:

My order included an Iron Daemon as well as some Inferno Guard, w/command. I suppose you could be right in that they're holding off the whole thing until Inferno Guard are available/ready.  I think you're suggesting that orders of only the Iron Daemon are going out?

GRNDL
Only orders of the iron daemon are being shipped. If you ordered anything other then the iron daemon or a mixture of infernal guard/iron daemon it won't be shipped until next week.

I wonder how many orders they had....I'd assume they are making some good sales on this stuff.

Time of Madness

ryanamandaanna:

I order Fireglaives, Command, and the Iron Daemon, and I received an e-mail saying that it was shipped…

furrie:

Still need to save some more money, before I’ll order one.

Necrotique:

Received my second toady and chaos spawn today from FW. Was here (Australia) within the week :slight_smile:

On another note, I may have to purchase an Iron Daemon simply for the challenge of painting it, and some Fireglaives (even if they do look like they transported themselves to the year 40,000 and mugged Kroots for their weapons) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:cheers

Pyro Stick:

So the rest of the pre orders should start shipping today. Cant wait to get mine although painting will have to wait as this is right in the middle of my exams lol.

edit: Just got the dispatch email. How exciting.