[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Radio - CDO Podcast

Xander:

Project Name: Chaos Dwarf Cast
Project Leaders: Xander, Hashut’s Blessing, Uzkul Werit
Project Goal: To create a monthly podcast dealing with Chaos Dwarfs and Warhammer.

-----

We finally have this rolling. If you ever want to be on the cast, then post in this thread and we will try to arrange it.

Here is the RSS feed for the podcast so you can add it in itunes:

Advanced > Subsribe to Podcast…

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/podcast/cdc.rss

-----

I tried to get this going a while back, but this project section should help get things rolling again.

Basically we need 3 or 4 people who are comfortable on their computer, talking with a mircophone over a program like Skype. I think a general Warhammer Fantasy Podcast with a Chaos Dwarf slant would be the best so as to broaden the listening audience.

I will talk to my friend who normally sets this up, he didn’t have internet access for the longest time which is why I didn’t mention the Pocast for a while. He’s back now, and looking to resume his website ( http://www.rolltohit.com ).

But having 3 or 4 people, we can try to have regular Podcasts maybe once a month, about the goings on of Warhammer:

News Discussion
New Releases Discussion
Rumours Discussion
Hobby Discussion

Etc. Stuff like this.

I am open to any and all other suggestions! Discuss.

Ellimist:

I have skype and a reasonable quality microphone. Have to ask if this is going to be at leastpartially scripted, as ad-libbed amateur podcasts can tend to being pretty bad.

Xander:

The way I have done Podcasting in the past is not so much ad-libbed as it is Open Forum. Like when you listen to talk radio, they bring up a planned discussion, give thoughts about it, then discuss it. So after you read a prepared News article, the 3 podcasters discuss the implications of it.

Here are some I have been involved in:

RollToHit.com is for sale | HugeDomains

We sometimes dwell too long on subjects, but if I was leading the discussion I would cut some things shorter.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, if you told me how to get Skype, I’m still in.

Uzkul Werit:

I can get both Skye and a microphone. I’m in.

Undeadninjas:

I’d be in on this. I have skype and a microphone, and I’m as comfortable on a computer as I am in person. And I think it would be awesome to be in a podcast. Plus, it would be a way for me to move up in the ranks… I only with I’d discovered this site earlier…

That is of course, if its still going to happen. Apparently the last post was 3 weeks ago…

Xander:

Gil has also expressed interest in this. Perhaps we could get something rolling here?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, my internet has now been fixed (FRIGGIN’ FINALLY!) so I’m more than happy to participate in whatever manner you so wish…

gIL^:

yes i am, but we will soon run out of idea’s if we just talk about chaos dwarfs. or it would get boring talking about battle’s every week, but im still up for it anyway sounds like a good laugh.

Uzkul Werit:

Monthly would work best, I reckon. Skype is free correct?

gIL^:

skype is free if you connect skype to skype, charges if you connect telephone

Uzkul Werit:

Just had an idea. What if we get the other sites in the Chaos Star involved too!

cornixt:

I’m not sure that there is really enough material for this at the moment. In audio, you are pretty limited with what you can do. Even a quarterly mag you could fill with photos of models if you run out of text articles, and show diagrams and such. It seems that a CD podcast would be forced into being more about other armies or just be very short.

Xander:

I think there is more depth in Chaos Dwarfs than you think.

Here are some things to discuss on the short list:

News:

- CDO News

- Pertinent News for Warhammer

- Chaos Dwarf Rumours

Fluff:

- History of CDs Segment. Talk about their timeline when things were released rules at the time, WH edition, etc.

- Fluff discussion/debate. Pick a controversial issue and have a rational discussion about it.

Hobby:

- Current Conversions to keep an eye on.

- Eye on Bits. Draw attention to bits that can be useful for converting.

Gaming:

- Tactic Tips

- Army List Types.

Users:

- Q&A. Questions from forum users answered.

- User Interview. Audio interviews with Prominant members.

Ok, not really a short list, but a pretty good itinerary.

Anyone want to add anything to this?

Uzkul Werit:

I can’t argue with that. Perhaps a section about other rumours about other armies. And whenever a new book comes out, we review it but we review how a Chaos Dwarf player would dismantle said new army.

gIL^:

i want this rolling tbh im well up for it

Hashut’s Blessing:

As am I. Of course, we have to plane the logistics of timing and everything. P.S. My Skype username is hashut1

Xander:

UW, Good thought, that can be a part of the gaming section.

I have been so busy with work/GF recently, but I do want to get this up and running. With the Holidays coming, I fear I will only get busier and busier. We should try to throw together a first episode. So anyone wanting to come up with some stuff to match the itinerary, that would be good. Perhaps beginning in the new year we can get the first Cast out. :slight_smile:

Uzkul Werit:

That’d be perfect as I should be getting the microphone for Xmas.

Xander:

Sounds good Uzkul. I will try to write up some content.