[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Radio: Episode 3

Xander:

After a long absence, we return to the airwaves!

Anyone who uses iTunes or similar will have already downloaded the cast as it was uploaded last night. If you want to get in on the action you can subscribe to the podcast using the RSS feed (In iTunes - Advanced > Subscribe to Podcast… http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/podcast/cdc.rss )

Right click here, to download the mp3.

Today’s Hosts Include: Xander, Hashut’s Blessing, and Willmark

Show Notes:

News:
CDO News:
- Podcast delays, Xander moves out!
- Word of Hashut - Out now!
- T-Shirts - Grab one!
- Golden Hat #5, #6, Artisan’s Contest#2!
- Gamesday Baltimore - Willmark’s GD Blog!
- GW’s Design Studio Podcast
Warhammer:
- New Warriors of Chaos List features the Hellcannon
- New Dark Elf models

Interview:
- Werekin from Border Town Burning!

Fluff:
- Dark Dwarfs Warband List

Hobby:
- Vexxus’ Warband!

Gaming:
- Discuss the Dark Dwarfs List!

Users:
- Willmark

Done at last, thanks again to HB and Willmark for cracking the whip and getting me to finally get this out. Also thanks to Werekin for the interview (which we did months ago!). Give us feedback guys! We want to make the cast as good as possible!

Cheers, :cheers
-Xander

Knight Of Awsome:

YESSSSSSSSSS!!! I going to listen to it right now!!

Edit: Ok, so why is it only 18:45 and cuts off at the end? It is suposted to be 55:06 right?

cianty:

I enjoyed listening to this quite a lot! And a big thank you too!

I downloaded the mp3 and it ends at 39.32?

Xander:

It should end at 55:06. When I used the player, it was cut short, but when I downloaded the full MP3 it played all the way through.

I am not certain way this has happened, all I can recommend it to try downloading the MP3 again. I will try to re-upload the MP3 tonight and see if that helps.

Anyone else having issues?

Knight Of Awsome:

I think the error could be in “itunes” when i download it starts then end unexpectedly saying that its done! when it only has 1/6 of the full file, I’m going to try and down-load the Mp3 i see if i can bring it as a podcast…

Xander:

Hrm, weird. But the errors seem to exist outside of iTunes, I am betting it has to do with the MP3 file being hosted. Or maybe my server can’t handle multiple people trying to download it all at the same time.

Knight Of Awsome:

Well this is a more visual approach to the problem I am having, lets see if some one can help me…

Willmark:

KoA- that’s strange as to why it’s now working.

Interestingly enough it worked fine for me and all downloaded just fine. Hmmmmm.

Knight Of Awsome:

KoA- nice choice of computers

Willmark
I don't really get that, is it because i have a PC or do you think i have a Mac??
KoA- that's strange as to why it's now working.

Willmark
ohh your a fast editor, yeah its working for me now the download is going the speed i should be at and I'm getting the full file!

Edit: Wait , im geting most of it... 44:05

Willmark:

Sorry I was typing something to someone else and I acidentally pasted that in my response to you.

What is your ISP connection: dialup, DSL of broadband?

Knight Of Awsome:

Sorry I was typing something to someone else and I acidentally pasted that in my response to you.

What is your ISP connection: dialup, DSL of broadband?

Willmark
Broadband, but i think the problem is clearly itunes the download it will go superfast and stop giving me 6:00-44:00 min. After the 5th time downloading it i got the full podcast!!

cianty:

It did work for me finally, although I had to download it twice again.

Willmark:

Along with the podcast I’m pleased to annouce that Xander and HB have been awarded the podcast medal for work on all four podcasts! Congrats and well earned guys.

Sojourn:

4 seems like an arbitrary number. it should’ve been 5. They probably got jealous of our sweet sweet WOH medals Willmark, and they wanted their own. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Hm… I downloaded the file and it’s only 10 minutes 17 seconds.

Elfish trickery, I suppose!!! :hashut

Vexxus:

First off, great podcast! I had no problems getting the whole thing :slight_smile:

Secondly, WOW thank you for all the praise, much much appreciated, and its a good thing I got some pics up, or I’d be getting beat down by the community, after those reviews!

Kera foehunter:

I had no problems eather… love too here your guys voices too!!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’ve had no problems thus far, but I don’t use iTunes (hate the damned thing. I’m a simple fellow :stuck_out_tongue: ), but haven’t listened to it (yes, I haven’t listened to my own pdocast yet, he he he).

Thanks for the medal, but just so ya’ll know, it’s know why I do the podcast :smiley: So, Sojourn, stop being sour because we got them and you haven’t yet :wink:

Vexxus, the praise was well-deserved.

Kera, thanks :wink: Means a lot as I have issues with it…

Mr. Xander, not a problem, thanks for letting me help again, albeit a little belated :wink: Apologies to all if I sound like cr*p, but I was planning for a bedtime of 11ish and we didn’t start talking until 1am, which lasted an hour and a half before we even started this :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: I only got the first 25 minutes…

Pyro Stick:

It should end at 55:06. When I used the player, it was cut short, but when I downloaded the full MP3 it played all the way through.

I am not certain way this has happened, all I can recommend it to try downloading the MP3 again. I will try to re-upload the MP3 tonight and see if that helps.

Anyone else having issues?

Xander
Im using Zune to download the podcasts but it only downloaded 10 minutes of the 3rd episode and only 40 seconds of the second and even less of the first. When i tried to download the mp3 i only got 15 min.

al-hashut:

I just used the player, the buffering appeared to stop just before the halfway point but the voices continued…much to my delight.

Great job guys, interesting background noise whilst i was painting