[Archive] Chaos Dwarf ship in GW's Dreadfleet

KramDratta:

Is this a Chaos Dwarf ship??

UPDATE: Cropped the logo & rotated it a bit. Looks like a Dwarf helmet with 2 bull(?) horns…

Coopervisor:

It’s the first picture i’ve seen of a ship from the new game, but it certainly has a number of things that look like it’s a chaos dwarf contraption. Good find!

KramDratta:

It's the first picture i've seen of a ship from the new game, but it certainly has a number of things that look like it's a chaos dwarf contraption. Good find!

Coopervisor
Ops... apologies. Here's the link

cornixt:

Just found it myself too. It’s definitely not Dwarf or Empire, and no one else has that tech (look at the giant blunderbusses!), so it must be a CD ship.

G.2:

Is this a Chaos Dwarf ship??

KramDratta
I certainly hope so. I went to the website too, and tried to macth the ship to the current races in the Warhammer world. And I can't match this mysterious ship of yours.
UPDATE: Cropped the logo & rotated it a bit. Looks like a Dwarf helmet with 2 bull(?) horns....

KramDratta
Yes it does look like an Evil/Chaos Dwarf helmet......nice....very nice.

My fingers are crossed for a Chaos Dwarf creation.

KramDratta:

It is confirmed. This video released by GW mentions the renegade Chaos Dwarf captain of the Black Kraken.

wallacer:

The Chaos Dwarf bit is about 8 minutes and 20 seconds in for those who can’t be bothered watching the whole thing.

Vogon:

Ordered mine this morning :slight_smile:

All the ships look awesome.

Cheers

Vogon

fonejaker:

They call the chaos dwarf  

" tor-drek rakarth "

and he is apparently a renegade chaos dwarf engineer

Grimstonefire:

I’m actually really impressed with this game.  Not enough to buy it though.

Not exactly sure what’s going on with the picture of the CD.

Does he have a steam powered helmet?  The cannisters on the right seem to be what he’s breathing.

Interesting as well that the tentacles are made from Gromril. No longer solely used by the regular dwarfs it seems…

Willmark:

This game seems strangely familiar. :wink:

Pyro Stick:

Very very nice ships. Its a real shame that they arent going to be sold seperately because i dont have £70 to drop on this and i doubt ill be able to get it before its OOP again.

fonejaker:

I'm actually really impressed with this game.  Not enough to buy it though.

Not exactly sure what's going on with the picture of the CD.

Does he have a steam powered helmet?  The cannisters on the right seem to be what he's breathing.

Interesting as well that the tentacles are made from Gromril.  No longer solely used by the regular dwarfs it seems...

Grimstonefire
His beard looks like it is wrapped in metal piping, its a nice take on a chaos dwarf being slighly in to metal body mods, same with the breathing aid

Grimstonefire:

Ok.  I lasted a few hours.  Ordered it and the novel for christmas. :smiley:

I’ve been thinking it would be fun to eventually make a full CD and empire navy (perhaps even get them cast…).  Several times in the last year I’ve been planning on making a Warmaster scale empire warship.  Whilst it is a lot smaller this set would be an excellant starting point.

It will only be a matter of time before someone expands the rules for this to become the new MoW.

Admiral:

Extremely nice. I’ve been too busy to give the CDs the attention they deserves, and now Dreadfleet will have higher priority, but at least there’s one hell of a Dawi Zharr vessel in the box! It’ll get finished first.

@Grimstonefire: I’ve been thinking along similar lines since I discovered pictures of the old MoW models some weeks ago. You can count me in as a future customer for evil dwarf ships, as long as they scalewise gets on pretty well with the mech-kraken. :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

I was thinking about that and the scale of any other ones I make.

The 10 big ships should probably be the biggest seeing as they have the captains on (or Admirals :wink: as there will be a fleet).

So maybe 2/3 or 3/4 the size for the next biggest.  To show the difference.

KramDratta:

I’m actually waiting for Spartan Games to release the new Shroud Mages models, to see how they rank up against the Kraken (size wise).

COunt me in for any Chaos Dwarfs MoW rules !!!

fonejaker:

As for size the kraken , its about 70mm long and the tentacle go up to be about 50mm high

so they are slightly … or alot bigger than the man’o’war ships (or uncharted sea’s if its the same scale)

Mr Saturday:

It’s nice to see the chaos dwarves getting more attention, very gratifying. They get some press in the new ogre book too. I’m trying to resist buying this game, but…goddam…it’s so pretty…

Who am I kidding. This has Christmas written all over it.

Nicodemus:

Same as shown above, but slightly better angle of the Black Kraken’s portside Chaos Dwarf icon

~N