[Archive] Chaos Dwarf Symbols

zagor66:

:oIm desperate for some CD symbols so please post some pictures of them for a fellow CD and can they wear the star of chaos on their shields?:cheers

Tallhat:

They can if you choose so. Tbh it wouldnt fit well with the Bighats but if youre doing a 3rd edition kind of army it would be quite alright.

- Tallhat

zagor66:

Thanks , Im using a helm/mask CD army.

Pyro Stick:

The Rune of Hashut

Arlon:

very khorney

Grimstonefire:

very khorney

Arlon
Suspiciously so isn't it? ;)

Back in the day, I think there were a lot of links to Khorne. Some subtle, some not so much.

What I really need are some decent repeating patterns like the Dwarfs have.

wallacer:

Back in third edition days a lot of Chaos Dwarfs worshipped Khorne and served in his armies (the Realm of Chaos Slaves to Darkness Khorne list had at least half a dozen different Chaos Dwarf units/war machines that it could field).

The fact that it looks like the Khorne symbol is probably more of a reflection on out of date fluff than anything else.

Kera foehunter:

So are there runes that chaos dwarf use?

Pyro Stick:

So are there runes that chaos dwarf use?

Kera foehunter
Just the Rune of Hashut that i know of. There should obviously be more. I dont know if they have a different writing system to dwarfs.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Months ago I dug this up for a writing-system related thread I had opened on HoH; it’s a closeup from the title page artwork of ‘White Dwarf presents: Chaos Dwarfs’.

To my knowledge, it’s the only rendering of symbols used by the chaos dwarfs. Other than the rune of Hashut you don’t see any symbols or runes on any of the miniatures.

Pyro Stick:

Awesome find there but it could alternatively be solely to do with magic and not actually be a writing system.

Canix:

yeah but a great place to start like the sickle horn look of those symbols could be demon binding langauge:hat

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Yeah I also tend to think of them as magic symbols. They don’t seem to form words of any kind anyway.

Theory_Man:

I say that you should design your own symbol. That is what I did. Mine is sort of a minimalist pattern of a rocket. You can see it painted on the shields of my chaos dwarfs. Design a symbol that represents your army individuality. Be creative and good luck.

Xander:

Keep in mind the “Rune of Hashut” is just a name we have given that symbol. It appears on a few bull centaur axes and a hero’s axe, and also in an axe on some artwork. Aside fromthat it has no mention or name.

Kera foehunter:

thats cool so it kinda a weapon rune?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

It’s a kind of “Hashut’s wrath shall fall rocket-shaped upon your head” rune. :wink:

Uzkul Werit:

The Chaos Star would sorta fit into a big hat army. They have arrows all over their hats, after all.

Kera foehunter:

is that the same as the older tallhats have stars on there shields?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

The old tallhats usually had a bearded skull motif on their shields, not arrows.