[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs by Malikos

Malikos:

Hello there!

I told myself I wouldn’t start another army. I told myself, 4 painted armies is enough. That lasted 2 weeks.

I present you with a couple of my test models! One is a cannon crew member, and one is a converted Ironbreaker I plan to use as my Infernal Guard:

I love the new Infernal Guard models but I can not afford to pay those prices! Lucky for me I have a bunch of old dwarf models, so I’ve decided to try and make this army on the cheap. I’ve converted 2 deathshriekers, a magma cannon and a hellcannon so far. I also plan to incorporate some of my beastmen models into the army, specifically my ungors as hobgoblins and my cygor (with some armor) as a hellcannon.

Let me know what you think and I hope to have some more models done soon. Thanks for looking and you can check out my other armies on my blog.

-Malikos

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Yodrin:

Very nice painted and cool bases, cant wait for more pics :cheers

zobo1942:

Wow, really nice! Your colour scheme is wonderful!

Abecedar:

Another worthy convert, Thanks for joining and sharing your stuff so far. looks real good

Skink:

Agree with the others: awesome! Cold colors balanced by a lick of red paint really suit well Chaos Dwarfs!!! :slight_smile:

Chico:

Ohhh those are very nice, how did you do the basing?

JMR:

That looks great!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I like your theme colours; you’re off to a great start!  Please post more!!

Kera foehunter:

I like the iron breaker, looks great

DAGabriel:

Cool looking, show us more. Very clean painting btw.

Malikos:

Alrighty, time for a small update. First, thanks for all the kind words. @ Herby, I agree. I’ve been working on trying to incorporate more bits onto the models to make them look more worthy of Hashut. I’ve also been working on a better armor scheme, and I think I’ve found one I like:

The two in the middle are going the ones I like the best. Less metallic, more flames… the closest I could come to Blackshard armor! I still need to figure out how I’m going to paint banner and whatnot.

Also, I’ve had 2 games with my test list… two victories! I’m really digging those bull centaurs, they are turning out to be way more potent than I thought!

Thanks for looking!

-M

zobo1942:

Those shields are really fantastic!

frogbear:

Fantastic results. Really like what you are doing with those models

Skink:

Great! Really dig those models, they look like Chaos Dwarf enough to me.

Yodrin:

Great! Really dig those models, they look like Chaos Dwarf enough to me.

Skink
+1

And great paint job and bases, plz feed my eye, I want to see more!!

Malikos:

Thanks all! Should have more up soon.

@ Chico - The bases are cork. I buy thin cork tiles from the craft store and break them up into small bits. Kind of fragile, but make great rocks!

-M

Malikos:

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I have a small update, I’ve been doing more building than painting. I did get my forgeworld daemonsmiths in the mail and let me tell you, I was blown away by the detail on those guys! Maybe they are worth all the $$$ ;P.

Here is a somewhat crappy pic of my first deathshrieker, a new crew member and a WIP of one of my sorcerers. Not sure if he will be the prophet or not, the other guy smoking a pipe is pretty cool too.

I decided to leave the top part off of his head because it seemed like it was oddly connected. I might add it later, what do you guys think? I’ll try to take some better pictures of him when he is finished.

Thanks for looking!

-M

JMR:

Lovely work. The paintjob on your miniatures is great, but I feel your bases could use a little something more. They’re not bad by any means, but I think they can compliment your miniatures better. I’m tempted to say you could try painting the gravel a different colour and leaving the (cork) rocks as they are. Maybe a brownish colour for the gravel? Dark-dark-green? Something that sits closer to the colour of metal on your dwarves and cannon.

The small tufts of grass would then contrast nicely with the gravel as well.

Looking forward to see this progress!

Bad Gram Northern:

damn that’s some good looking dwarfs!

those ironbreakers look ace!

Admiral:

Wonderful painting.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.