[Archive] chaos dwarfs clanns

Willmark:

Casts secret Lore of Shadows Spell: Foil Tallhat and mystically escapeshis cunning errrr... trap.

Willmark
How many rabbits are in tallhats hat then and do they look like golden hat entry 1:hat

Canix
Not sure about rabbits but some conditioner is DEFINATELY in order! ;)

Tallhat:

… Ill have that in mind the next time I decide to wash my hat.

- Tallhat

AGPO:

CDs do indeed have a structure similar to “clans” with every CD being sworn to (and related to) a sorcerer. No doubt these sorcerers owe allegiance to other more powerful sorcerers. Where this leaves lords I don’t know, maybe they’re just genrerals. If you want a unique colour scheme for your sorcerers clan go ahead

cornixt:

Where is the fluff for that AGPO?

wallacer:

I think WDP:CD says something about Dwarf Clans.

I’ll check when I get home.

AGPO:

As does the WFB battle boook 5th edition. The bit about stronger sorcerers and lords is purely speculation on my part though, I’m thinking is kinda like the feudal system that dwarfs use, but with warlords below the sorcerers in rank

Tallhat:

That would make sense since in Dwarven society Runelords and smiths are above Warriors in the system. The only warrior above them is the King of the Hold. And since there are no kings in Dawi’zharr society the Priests, who are the replacements for Runesmiths, should be the Rulers of the Clans.

- Tallhat

AGPO:

Plus the Dawi’zharr have more of an organised religion to Dawi so it makes sence that the priests hold a higher office. Plus they have MAGIC! Thats gotta help you sieze power, look at Voldemort

wallacer:

The exact wording in WDP:CD is:

"Each Chaos Dwarf Sorceror controls a part of the city, with it’s workshops and forges, slaves and warriors, as part of his personal dominion"

Based on that it would seem that it is not so much a clan structure but is more like a lawful evil republic. Each CD sorceror is like the Governor of his own portion of the city, and also gets to sit and vote in the Sorceror council that governs the city.

Having said that, those portions may well have a lot of clan-like blood relations or even a kind of regional identity, but the book doesn’t say that.

Kera foehunter:

Thanksyou guys. That clear my mind.Now i can start on my cd cult!!!

torn:

id assume every sorcerer has his own personal colours/imagerary, for his armies. You cant forget the fact though that hashut is a chaos god, and he will have to be worshipped and have his imagery in the armies of the sorcerers, or im sure the sorcerers will suffer dire consequences.

Tallhat:

The exact wording in WDP:CD is:

"Each Chaos Dwarf Sorceror controls a part of the city, with it's workshops and forges, slaves and warriors, as part of his personal dominion"

Based on that it would seem that it is not so much a clan structure but is more like a lawful evil republic.��Each CD sorceror is like the Governor of his own portion of the city, and also gets to sit and vote in the Sorceror council that governs the city.

Having said that, those portions may well have a lot of clan-like blood relations or even a kind of regional identity, but the book doesn't say that.

wallacer
Knowing dwarfs it is still quite likely that those warriors that are under his control would be his kin. Tbh I would think it strange if there were not.

- Tallaht

Canix:

The ruling sorcerers house of kin probably have a very rigid structure where one can only advance through deceit and assassination or maybe gladitorial combat which they probably have there slaves doing for entertainment also:hat

AGPO:

I daresay the mightier sorcerers have lesser sorcerers who follow them, officially or unofficially…

wallacer:

The fluff doesn’t really make it clear.

I suspect they’re probably treated similar to Skaven Grey Seers. They are sequestered at birth as part of a privileged elite and are then expected to compete with each other for dominance to decide which of them gets to take the place of their sorceror/council representative once he turns to stone or accidentally stabs himself in the back 7 times.

Tallhat:

The fluff doesn't really make it clear.
I suspect they're probably treated similar to Skaven Grey Seers.��They are sequestered at birth as part of a privileged elite and are then expected to compete with each other for dominance to decide which of them gets to take the place of their sorceror/council representative once he turns to stone or accidentally stabs himself in the back 7 times.

wallacer
Not to s�re that assasination would fit in well with the Dawi'Zharr since they respect their elders even though they might despise them. It simply wouldnt seem proper for them to use assasins to gain in rank since this is not how it works for Dawi. Only through age and wisdom can one be a true leader. Not through assasiantion and treachery.

- Tallhat

Malificant:

exactly. just because we’re chaotic(not evil, the only evil race in the WH world is the dark elves) does not mean we use assassination to obtain rank. i see dawi zhaar society as very orderly.

Tallhat:

Lawfull Evil would be the D&D term I guess. Not sure I agree on the Druchii thing though. How do you explain Skaven then?

- Tallhat

Canix:

exactly.��just because we're chaotic(not evil, the only evil race in the WH world is the dark elves) does not mean we use assassination to obtain rank.��i see dawi zhaar society as very orderly.

Malificant
Ah but our history shows us that the most orderly and restrictive societies are precisly the ones where assassination and political intrigue florish.
This also occured in royalty(warriors)hierachical religions (priest) and governments(slavers) and although warhammer is a fantasy world that just means ambitous leaders would be more creative with their promotional advancement:D

Tallhat:

True. And you may of course be just as right as I might be since we dont really have anything pointing towards who is right. Its just a matter of preference I guess.

- Tallhat