[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs Online Magazine Project

xbullzx:

i can do some art work if it if you want. Just tell me if you need any pictures or drawings.

Vasquez:

I just wanna hear about the Battle Reports.

- Will it be just CD vs. ???

- Or CD vs. CD only?

But I like the idea about CD online magazine :slight_smile:

torn:

Since this is in need of a project leader I will step in and assume this role.

However, after reading through 3 pages of this it is apparent this project need a strong leader. I can provide this. And when I say strong I mean it, don't volunteer unless you can REALLY help out. By that I mean that if you say you are going to have an article by a certain date... then do it. If you have a battle report, send it to me, etc... don't waste my (or others) time with "Oh I forgot" or "I got too busy". Sorry if this sounds harsh, but in order for this to become a reality focus and a commitment to deadlines will need to be enforced.

I can lay it out, assemble it and produce a PDF. I can do the work, what I need to start is to review what the content already assembled is.

However, here is what is REALLY needed... a core group of individuals who want to submit articles and or artwork, etc.... I'm not really looking for help on the production of this as splitting up the work will not make this a reality as evidenced by this 3 page thread...

Again not meant to be harsh, this seems like a worthy production, but it needs some direction and focused direction at that... LASER FOCUS.

I'm posting a thread in the main section to raise awareness on this.

Willmark
The harsh rasping of his metallic breathing filled the air, the dark lord of the sith, darth willmark himself, was straight to the point. bureaucracy meant nothing compared to the power of the dark side . . . .

Its great that you are taking this so seriously, IMO too many projects fall by the wayside because they lack proper dictatorship (or with less imperial conotation sole leadership). Im very much looking forward to seeing the finished result, and greatly hope that my submission passes the grade.

Willmark:

LMAOROTF!

Torn that made me laugh so hard I almost spit my soda on my computer screen!

I agree there takes a certain amount of drive to make something work. And your assessment is correct: design by committee is a recipe for failure, its our nature living in pluralistic western society to do this. But if you REALLY want to get something done: Discuss like a democrat, and lead like Atilla.

Not to knock anyone, but this thread was like a rudderless ship. A great idea with no direction. I don’t have anymore time then the next person, but I look at it this way, if you truly believe in CDO then you will make the effort, you’ll make the time.

I’ve been of “various minds” regarding our fate as a list and ever getting an army book, but I look at it this way. If we are ever going to get one its not going to be because of petitions, or emailing GW; its going to be raising our status on the web to unassailable heights; by making our voices “shout” so loud everyone in the hobby of Warhammer knows of us and our cause. And to me that is what has made me really challenge my thinking concerning Chaos Dwarfs: thou the cause may indeed be hopeless, never give up.

To paraphrase a one of the greatest quotes ever from a comic book that has caused me to rethink the priorities of Chaos Dwarfs:

“That is what makes (Chaos Dwarf Players) virtually unique in the cosmos of (Warhammer) my friend- the extra ordinary capacity for self sacrifice… this ability to triumph over seemingly insurmountable obstacles if the cause be just, knowing all the while that to do so means certain (doom)death”.

Or to put is another way I don’t THINK it will ever happen, but my heart tells me different. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! So heed Xander’s call, rally forth and make the site even better, never give up until we are holding our own army book in our hands!

(Climbs off soapbox) :wink:

With that being said no one can do it alone. In the next couple of days I should have a clear outline of what the first issue will entail. Keep those submissions pilling in. I have a good number and this bodes well for the next issue as well.

Member spotlight might be a poll to see who the members most want to read about in the inaugural issue.

Willmark:

I just wanna hear about the Battle Reports.
- Will it be just CD vs. ???
- Or CD vs. CD only?

But I like the idea about CD online magazine :)

Vasquez
Battle Reports might not make it into issue #1, by as I am prepping everyone it might make it into issue #2 or 3 or 4.. You get the idea...

Willmark:

Since this thread has been superseded by the actual one that is/will get off teh ground… thread locked.