[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs Online Magazine Project

Grimstonefire:

I don’t want to run this, but I can assemble anything you send me into a single pdf for download.

melic67:

I think it is time we at least get one of these up and running for people to see. But… I couldn’t possibly do it though.

Lord Archaon:

I could make this magazine, i’m not an exelent writer though, but i’m good with Photoshop (I hope so:)). I’m tried to think of magazine’s theme and i come up with this: The pages could look like a parchment with a black obsidian borders. I’ve already started on the theme, so in the next few days i’ll show it to you.
Archaon
:hat off

Nazhur:

first time I notice this project and I just want to cheer you on. Keep it up. this sounds like a very nice idea. Saldy both my writing skill and computerskill is very low but at leasts I can cheer you on!

cornixt:

As long as it doesn’t take 5 minutes to load each page. Check out the difference between the awfully done Watchman issue 1 and the much better issue 3.

Xander:

This project seems to be dead. Does anyone have anything for this still in production? If I don’t see anything soon, I will unsticky this thread.

cornixt:

By weird coincidence I was going to check on the status of this magazine today. How close is it to completion, if at all? I’ve written a short article that could go in it, but if it won’t be any time soon then I might just stick it on the forum. These sorts of things are often best done with one very motivated person doing almost 100% of the work, other than writing the actual articles. I was going to do one myself a while back but had the horrible affliction of having no spare time to put it together, so many of the articles I planned to put in the first issue are a bit out of date.

Xander:

Indeed. This really needs a new team leader.

DARKTROOPER:

Oh! Oh! Oh! If you need help I could write something for Bloodbowl…I’m not sure what but I could do a playbook, a generic guide or even a play by play for a game…

Xander:

Well, DT, at this point this project needs a new Team Leader to see it through to completion. Though I am sure your article would be a welcome addition.

Pyro Stick:

Well, DT, at this point this project needs a new Team Leader to see it through to completion. Though I am sure your article would be a welcome addition.

Xander
Lord Archaon sent me a pm a while ago asking about using one of my pics for the front cover. Should i pm him again and ask what is going on with this?

Xander:

Sounds like a good plan. :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

@cornixt

It is possible to compress files a lot when you save them as a pdf. The quality will vary of course, but at its lowest you can shrink 250mb down to 10mb.

furrie:

nice compresion rate, when you guys finshed the first copy I wold like to recieve it

Lord Archaon:

I started to work on the magazine and i have the front page ready and some articles too. But i’m quite busy at school so it takes me awhile to work on the magazine. If someone wants to have their articles in the magazine pm them to me.

Do you want me to post my ideas about the content of the magazine?

I have some questions about the law too. Could i take a picture from The Warhammer Age of Reckoning and modify it to use it in the magazine, is it legal? We’re not selling it so i think i can use it, aren’t i?

The second question: how to put the pdf file into the internet so we could download it?

And finally :slight_smile: anyone who wants to help with writing the magazine please pm me about it.

Archaon

Xander:

Many game released images are for free use of the public. :slight_smile:

DARKTROOPER:

Ok, I’ll help use if you want to, if not I’ll live, how many words shoud I make it?

Grimstonefire:

@Lord Archaon

I don’t want to write any content yet (though I will have some things I could add at some point), but if you email it all to me once its finished I can assemble it into a pdf and host it on this site.

Is it just about chaos Dwarfs? I did 4 pages for the Unbreakbable ezine which never saw the light of day (Slayer Brotherhood), and they are finished, Just a gallery of my slayer models, which may not be that interesting to non slayer players.

Lord Archaon:

I have an idea about make this magazine more hobby directed. I mean with a lot of fluff, rules and tutorials. I made some rules for Doombots too. It could be a heavy armored skirmish unit of some sort.

To DARKTROOPER: you can write any articles about chaos dwarf and/or their allies/slaves. Maybe a tactic or a battle report (it would be great if it contained some pictures).

To Grimstonefire: i can also do pdf with the Open Office. Then i’ll email you the complite pdf file when it will be ready, to host it.

Willmark:

Since this is in need of a project leader I will step in and assume this role.

However, after reading through 3 pages of this it is apparent this project need a strong leader. I can provide this. And when I say strong I mean it, don’t volunteer unless you can REALLY help out. By that I mean that if you say you are going to have an article by a certain date… then do it. If you have a battle report, send it to me, etc… don’t waste my (or others) time with “Oh I forgot” or “I got too busy”. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but in order for this to become a reality focus and a commitment to deadlines will need to be enforced.

I can lay it out, assemble it and produce a PDF. I can do the work, what I need to start is to review what the content already assembled is.

However, here is what is REALLY needed… a core group of individuals who want to submit articles and or artwork, etc… I’m not really looking for help on the production of this as splitting up the work will not make this a reality as evidenced by this 3 page thread…

Again not meant to be harsh, this seems like a worthy production, but it needs some direction and focused direction at that… LASER FOCUS.

I’m posting a thread in the main section to raise awareness on this.