[Archive] Chaos Dwarfs - Warhammer Forge picture gallery

nitroglysarine:

That picture is missing one thing… where is the hat? :hat off

Kered:

I think the warriors will probably cost at least £25 for 10 or more looking at forge world’s other infantry.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Kered: I’d be happy for that considering GW is doing that price scheme for White Lions, Phoenix Guard, Tomb Guard and so on!

KingFisher:

Kered: I'd be happy for that considering GW is doing that price scheme for White Lions, Phoenix Guard, Tomb Guard and so on!

Hashut's Blessing
I find myself praying to hashut that you old worlders have another financial melt down this summer so I can sweep in a buy up everything for 2/3rds what it would cost me now.

Those eastalians just asked marienburgs for a bailout maybe we can get this going proper.

gIL^:

Ohhh my god, im gonna wait and buy these and convert hobgob

OMGGFGFGFGFG

KingFisher:

Ohhh my god, im gonna wait and buy these and convert hobgob

OMGGFGFGFGFG

gIL^
I have slowly been buying up 6th end night goblins to use as hobgoblins.
I will pick a color scheme based on the book now it seems :)

gIL^:

Why are the proportions of the warriors so ridiculously huge?

I understand that armour would bulk them out a bit, but these are about twice the girth of a standard GW dwarf model. The original big hat 4th edition chaos dwarf models are like this, where the head is the size of a current GW dwarf body. It seems like they kept the oversized proportions of the 4th edition models instead of working from the Hellcannon crew proportions.

Such a shame because I love the look of their armour. Their arms look exactly the same proportions as an orc arm. Some of these new FW sculpts seem to all have these awful proportions, like the Nurgle Rot-Beast riding character. I can't imagine they will look like dwarfs when compared to an actual GW dwarf army. I think the warriors arms are actually longer than their own body!

They also look way too futuristic for my taste. I love the inclusion of chaos armour mixed with scale-mail, but the shields and the blunderbuss-replacement guns look way to sci-fi.

Fortunately, I can still be excited about the rules and possible full army list, for use with my own conversions.

CheTralfara
I like them because they have really thought about who the chaos dwarfs are, They are the industry of the warhammer world, They don't waste time with unique armour or weapons, They are industry incarnate alot like the Uruk Hai from LOTR's.

I love the uniform look plus they really have a Black orc feel which ties it in with the Fluff that the Black orcs really did comes from the Chaos Dwarfs.

I want a closer look at the Ogre type guy on the mortar.

bolex:

thanks to everyone posting pics. these look great. the one thing is that i hope they put a rider on the war taurus(which i doubt if it isnt on it in these pics). the dwarf lord is fantastic, fresh new look. i gotta say that my favorites are actually the warriors who seem to be more ‘generic’ looking but they remind of the marauder-look. im all for change when it comes to CDs because GW seems to reinvent them when they decide to release them again. this forge series seems to combine both big hats and marauder. GW, bring it as long as they arent 20-50 bucks each im ready to put down to get this collection.

Loki:

Some amazing pictures, great work guys, and loving these models think some are certainly going to be on the wish list , any idea on prices ?

Loki
Depends how much an arm and a leg's worth these days :D

Necrotique
lol very true , will just have to wait and see i think on this

Necrotique:

@Loki, I really love these models too (for the most part) but am not looking forward to the FW price tag (that and I have no credit card so will have to buy them from eBay/ 3rd party).

Really wish FW would do paypal sometime to be honest.

:cheers

KingFisher:

@Loki, I really love these models too (for the most part) but am not looking forward to the FW price tag (that and I have no credit card so will have to buy them from eBay/ 3rd party).
Really wish FW would do paypal sometime to be honest.

Necrotique
Paypal offers a credit card

https://personal.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_us/paypal_credit_card

I am crossing my fingers we get last summer's exchange rates.

Necrotique:

@KingFisher - Don’t know about that. Is it a credit card in the sense that you have to pay it back with debt? Really don’t wanna get caught out. I’d do it if it worked more like a debit card that you can put cash on. Relatively new to online shopping so don’t know what I have to do for it.

astragoth:

And in perfect timing with my birthday… Excellent.

Alric:

I was overall impressed and very happy. I have posted some thoughts about the oddity of the different styles of headgear.

I think the Taurus has potential, but the pose is very odd. I wouldn't buy it like that - it looks like it's about to swan dice. Also, reindeer antlers?

Whitehorn
Also, reindeer antlers?
They may be placeholders just to show the shape, and the final horns will be built up on top of that. I hope so anyway, if not I'll be reshaping mine. Assuming the model doesn't cost a billion pounds that is, lol

Baggronor
I really like the added armor on the great taurus , even the way they did the wings. The horns I think would look better if they were larger/broader. I like how they are incorporating metal into it , I would go further with the metal look adding more to the body and do some kind of spikes for the hoofs, also I'd do some kind of symbol on the forehead and snout a brand or something or maybe more metal and spikes.

Henroth:

All miniatures are cool a lot but I wonder … What is the release date for these miniatures?

Baggronor:

They will start appearing in June/July according to a FW dude at Salute.

Grimstonefire:

I’m not a fan of the Infernal Guard. The only thing I like about them are the weapons. Shame really as it would be way too much work to convert them (and get rid of the gorilla arms).

Pyro Stick:

Some of the pic links are broken. Could these be fixed please?

Also i just got the Hellsmith yesterday and the detail is amazing. Its made me much more excited for the rest of the models.

Baggronor:

Also i just got the Hellsmith yesterday and the detail is amazing. Its made me much more excited for the rest of the models.
I saw the Infernal Guard and the mortar train carriage at Salute; the detail is awesome.

G.2:

... i just got the Hellsmith yesterday and the detail is amazing.

Pyro Stick
This is good to hear.
I saw the Infernal Guard and the mortar train carriage at Salute; the detail is awesome.

Baggronor
This is good to hear also....I am looking forward to some really nice painted models fro everyone.