[Archive] Chaos Siege Giant - Created by Chaos Dwarfs

Xander:

From today’s Forge World newsletter:

The Sorcerer-Smiths of the Chaos Dwarfs have long been aware of the battlefield potential of a captured Giant, and have been unable to resist the urge to �?~improve�?T on the creature�?Ts natural strengths. The most common result of this is the Siege Giant, a mutilated, half-insane creature made proof against attack by layer upon layer of iron and bronze plates nailed deep into the creature�?Ts flesh and even directly to its massive skeleton. Weapons such as immense hooked blades are spliced directly onto the Giant�?Ts truncated arms to enable it to scale or tear down fortifications and slaughter the largest monsters. The beast is also fitted with scaling hooks and chains, enabling its dead carcass to be used as a scaling platform should it fall.

The Chaos Siege Giant, designed by Keith Robertson, is a complete resin and plastic kit that makes a barbaric centrepiece to any Warriors of Chaos army. It is available to order now for immediate despatch, and experimental rules for this terrifying behemoth are available to download now, taken from the forthcoming Warhammer Forge book Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos.

Chaos Siege Giant
FW: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/WARHAMMER_CHAOS/CHAOS-SIEGE-GIANT.html

Rules: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/c/Chaos-Siege-Giant.pdf

Good to see Chaos Dwarf lore mixed in with this. :slight_smile: Possible Slave giant for our list?

nitroglysarine:

I quite like him. Cool idea of ‘improvements’

Grimstonefire:

I was hoping they’d sell the siege giant upgrade part separately as I already have a giant. :frowning:

Xander:

The model looks kind of bad, in my opinion.

You could sculpt better additions, Grim. Or use some left over Skaven bits…

Blue in VT:

…mmmm I am not lovin it…too much like a scarecrow to me. how are those arms “improvements” over having hands?

Cheers,

Blue

Ogre_Mage:

From today's Forge World newsletter:
The Sorcerer-Smiths of the Chaos Dwarfs have long been aware of the battlefield potential of a captured Giant, and have been unable to resist the urge to �?~improve�?T on the creature�?Ts natural strengths. The most common result of this is the Siege Giant, a mutilated, half-insane creature made proof against attack by layer upon layer of iron and bronze plates nailed deep into the creature�?Ts flesh and even directly to its massive skeleton. Weapons such as immense hooked blades are spliced directly onto the Giant�?Ts truncated arms to enable it to scale or tear down fortifications and slaughter the largest monsters. The beast is also fitted with scaling hooks and chains, enabling its dead carcass to be used as a scaling platform should it fall.

The Chaos Siege Giant, designed by Keith Robertson, is a complete resin and plastic kit that makes a barbaric centrepiece to any Warriors of Chaos army. It is available to order now for immediate despatch, and experimental rules for this terrifying behemoth are available to download now, taken from the forthcoming Warhammer Forge book Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos.

Chaos Siege Giant
FW: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/WARHAMMER_CHAOS/CHAOS-SIEGE-GIANT.html
Rules: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/c/Chaos-Siege-Giant.pdf

Good to see Chaos Dwarf lore mixed in with this. :)  Possible Slave giant for our list?

Xander
Hmm Did I miss that in my pdf? hmmm Yeah, missed the hellcannon and this guy in our list, they are rare choices.

GRNDL:

Its basically a plastic giant modded and recast in resin. Doesn’t look as good either, IMO. Definitely doesn’t look like the thing suggested in the fluff in the newsletter. Will skip that one.

Baraz Gorechain:

Wellp… I was planning to pretty well do that sort of thing when I bought a giant, but… better. Don’t really like the armoured onesy or the helm. The blades I don’t mind, though maybe just on one hand. I also would have armoured the legs more, personally.

nitroglysarine:

....mmmm I am not lovin it...too much like a scarecrow to me.  how are those arms "improvements" over having hands?

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT
I'd call them 'tactical' improvements for battle ;P

clam:

Sorry, but this seems rushed and done from a very weak design.

Sorry to say so, but a waist of money. And yes, Xander - Grim could do way better himself :slight_smile:

richard barby:

it sucks

is it me or am i the only person who like the old giant with a barrel and a big wooden club best out of all gaints

Grimstonefire:

The giant model I have I converted to be jumping!  Which was very difficult considering the model is basically a thin skin and completely hollow. He has a pin wire running up through his foot into the main body.

Not sure how I could turn that into a siege giant just yet…  I suppose he could be jumping to attach onto a wall?

I actually really like the FW model, so I’d try and convert mine to be fairly similar.  I’d keep the hands though and work blades around them.

Blue in VT:

it sucks

is it me or am i the only person who like the old giant with a barrel and a big wooden club best out of all gaints

richard barby
If your talking about this one...

....then You are not alone...its actually the only giant model that I actually like.  I have a copy that I need to repaint some day soon...he has a 1990 paint job that doesn't really do him justice.  It would be fun to get another copy and armor him up....but they go for a pretty penny these days.

Cheers,

Blue

snowblizz:

I was hoping they'd sell the siege giant upgrade part separately as I already have a giant. :(

Grimstonefire
Looking at the unpainted picture the only thing from the plastic giant is the legs so that would make little sense as an "upgrade pack".

If they used more original giant and had this as a more "extra armour" thing maybe.

Zanko:

I don’t like this and all other GW giants! :frowning:

There are many other companies who made brilliant giants like Otherworld, Ultraforge

and especially this one from Black Scorpion! :cheers

:hashut

warh:

well Keith Robertson is not the best sculptor and kind of a lazy sculptor, my eyes allways look at the poor sculpted parts on his models ( like the lether belts and hands on the WF chaos ogre’s and the arm pitt for example on the giant
)

richard barby:

glad to see your on the same side as me there blue . i love the barrle of 6x and its made of metal none this resin ribbish

(i know resin is much easier to model and paint but i play tin slodiers not plastic soldiers)

Bolg:

I got this one for my O&G
(not my picture)
doesnt really fit the description, but the paint job is to good to redo, and i’m not buying a 2nd giant. maybe i’ll proyx it someday. (as I love the fact he has an armour save, my normal giant just got killed by archers in turn 2 in general)

Oh and:

(i know resin is much easier to model and paint but i play tin slodiers not plastic soldiers)

richard barby
I completely agree!!

Grimstonefire:

Give that guy a helmet Bolg and a more evil paint job and he’d be fine.

I’m going to try making the sides of the helmet for mine from plasticard then sculpt around and ontop so it hangs better.

saearath:

That last one is definately my favourite of the giants. But won’t use it since mine is an inquistor scale ogryn. Hmmmmm what to do about the dilemma???