[Archive] Clam's Garage (WIP Chaos Dwarf Grenadier)

clam:

So finally, here comes the promised update - though it isn�?Tt a big one.

First �?" all the bad excuses:

“To sons and flue season:sick?” - You already used that one

“Heavy workload?” - Yes, used

“Lack of bits?” - Also used �?" and stock is now refilled

“Ahh! Holiday Season and IA3/Codex Orks?” - It�?Ts a good one, but used before and all read

“Lack of inspiration as CDO is down?” - Bad ‘bad excuse’. Use your on style, man! No Internet = More hobby time

“Flue season again?” - blah, blah

“CDO up again and heavy postings” - So you got inspired now, so get on with it!

Hey, this is a good one:

“Gathering these from eBay, and other sites?” �?" Ahh! - that�?Ts a good one

(And I really can�?Tt wait to get started on painting my recent acquisitions. Think I�?Tll have a second Blog about building this classic CD collection)

And finally:

“Lack of idea how to do my bases (thought you could help me out here �?” but no!)?" �?" So it�?Ts our fault then! :hat

Yes, so many bad excuses �?" but still only a few things accomplished. :frowning: :frowning:

But I�?Tll show you what�?Ts done

CORES

The first two core units are taking form now:

The Hand Weapon/shield Warriors:

Perhaps I should have saved the Standard Bearer for GV V �?" but �?� :smiley: - who knows - maybe I got another one up my sleeve.

And, The Blunderbuss unit 1

The new Blunderbusses are much inspired by the old 3rd ed. warriors �?" here are some close ups of the Mortar loader, Bazooka Gunner and loader (still WIPs).

SPECIALS

The Death Rocket and crew are ready for painting. The Slave still needs a bit of work though!

RARES

Nothing new here

ELITES

I want an elite Warrior Unit �?" a Sorcerer bodyguard with great looking weapons, so I have made a prototype of my elite guards devoted to Hashut and armed with a Mechanical Halberd device:

All credit for the Halberd (Great Weapon) must go to my absent friend “Snotling” �?" it’s totally stolen from his army �?" with his permission of course.

LORD and HEROES

I have re-sculpted the Despot to fit in with the overall look better.

Here he is:

And I have been playing with another 40K CSM-fig - again a borrowed idea

�?" this time all credit must go to Border Reiver and his Converted CD Sorcerer

That’s it!

Cheers Clam