[Archive] Clam's Garage (WIP Chaos Dwarf Grenadier)

Hammerhand:

Fabulous work. I LOVE the highpriest, He is sooo cool. :cheers

grunts:

Amazing sculpt on the high priest. Perfect look and feel for a helm army

wallacer:

Really nice greenstuff work. Smooth and crisp detailing.

Don’t keep us waiting too long for more photos (or we’ll have to start cracking open the Clam…)

AGPO:

Ishkur did solve the problem, but I didn't know how to work with resin casting, so that was not an option

clam
I didn't know how to work with greenstuff before I started chaos dwarfs but I'm coming on (relatively) nicely now, could always be worth some research...

Canix:

Ishkur did solve the problem, but I didn't know how��to work with resin casting, so that was not an option

clam
I didn't know how to work with greenstuff before I started chaos dwarfs but I'm coming on (relatively) nicely now, could always be worth some research...

AGPO
Same here never used GS before (not that im converting much,heros and creatures) just using it subtlely at moment ,first time i have converted figures too i always used to fill the cracks with milliput ,will try casting shields soon:D
I know thats weird for somebody who has gamed for 31 years but your never to old to learn

Willmark:

Ishkur did solve the problem, but I didn't know how to work with resin casting, so that was not an option

clam

AGPO
Same here never used GS before (not that im converting much,heros and creatures) just using it subtlely at moment ,first time i have converted figures too i always used to fill the cracks with milliput ,will try casting shields soon:D
I know thats weird for somebody who has gamed for 31 years but your never to old to learn

Canix
Agreed on all points. Been gaming for forever it seems and was always nervous trying GS. But this site gave me the confidence to give it a try.

Kyte:

where in Denmark do you live? Maybe we can have a game sometime.

Thanks

- Kyte

BLOOD AXE:

WOW! That High Priest/Sorcerer is AWESOME!!! Great work.

hal:

Wowza! Great work Clam, the spiked helm on the High Priest is very nice.

clam:

First of all thaks for all the nice comments - and then I have to say, that I’m sorry to have kept you waiting - but with flue season and two sons (at approx 1 and 5 years old) - I must say, that the dad’s immunity had been put to the test:sick - but I’m feeling better now, and want to show you the few things that I’ve actually accomplished in the last month.

Still just wip’s and greens though :slight_smile:

I should have done some warriors - but only 2 have jointed the ranks of my BBs. Here they are:

As you can see my BBs will have various missile weapons :slight_smile: - to prove it - I can also show you this Ishkurish ES Mortar :wink: - it will - later - come with a crew of 1 or 2 one individual bases - who should count as BBs.

And the next project will properly be a Bazooka team and perhaps some kind of a swivel gun team too.

��

Then I’ve also had a go on the HW/shield-warriors command - this is a wip of the musician

As said earlier I’m working on a general on foot - so I have made this Despot to lead the warriors in combat:

I was very inspired by Grimstonefire’s Lord (Hero) to do this - and have leant some of his wonderful ideas (cape, horns …) - hope it’s okay with you Grim:).

But I have spent most of my limited (and valuable) time on these 2 projects:

My Death Rocket with crew:

And then I have started my heavy armored BC prototype - based on a HE barded steed:

Not much to see yet! But it should give you an impression of what I’m planning on. Time-consuming (can only make one leg a day - and still one to go:~) - but cheap and quite a bit of fun to do.

Think the torso and arms will be Chaos Marauder, a 6ed Chaos Warrior Champion head, GS beard (off cause), a shield and a Great axe (weapon). Haven’t found the last 2 bits yet - so I’m in for suggestions.

@Kyte - I live “i det m�rke jylland”, but it could have been nice beating you :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers:cheers

-Clam

Kera foehunter:

GREAT JOB i like the earth shaker canon i like everything it real cool

Im working on bull centaur too . i use the chaos maurder chest and new chaos warrior heads and chaos maurder arms and chaos warrior weapons and a lot of green stuff .Ican’t wait to see your done and i will post my too.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Who would’ve thought the steed of weedy peoples could be bulked into a promising bull centaur? All of it is truly amazing stuff and I will steal my little brother’s unused high elf stuff to make some bull centaurs using your idea (must not c*ck up the sculpting!).

Pyro Stick:

Awesome work. Cant wait to see the bull centaur. The death rocket is impressive as well.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wow, that’s a brilliant idea - building an “organ-blowpipe” for the musician. I love it! One slave donated herewith. :slight_smile: I also kinda like the expression “Ishkurish ES mortar” ^^

The Deathrocket and the bull centaur body are quite impressive, too. Can’t wait to see your progress on these!

Willmark:

Wow, that's a brilliant idea - building an "organ-blowpipe" for the musician. I love it!

Ishkur Cinderhat
x2. That is a freaking great idea. I've been looking at that guy on the sprue scratching my head, wondering what the hell to do with him.

Kera foehunter:

A great idea on the earthshaker canon. Now i know what to do wth the dwarf cart

is the barrow a morter from the empier Clam ??

AGPO:

What can I say, superb as usual, but I love that idea for the bull centaur! I wouldn’t have thought it’d of worked but my silver helms are rapidly nearing retirement.

clam:

Thx guys (and girls :))

I’m forced to find new ideas for the musicians in the army. There is only room for those BFSP-musicians in a brass band:hat

After our discussion about Chaos Dwarf music and after seeing Snotlings pipe blowing mucisian made from the BFSP Thunderer-musician (which I’ll probably copy) my mind was clear. They must have blow pipes - huge blow pipes - and even organ blow pipes - though he still need “a bit” of work.

And yes - I’m quite pleased with the BC result myself - think I’m on to order another 10 (for 1 hero and a unit of 10 - I think). I’ve decided on the torso. It will be a 5ed Chaos Warriors’ - but still with bare arms (Marauder arms) - so I have to find some suited shoulderpads then. I’m not that pleased with the Marauder ones.

@Kera

It’s the Mining Cart cut down. The mortar itself is scratch build from GS, a wooden pearl and some plastic card/tubes. The spikes are from the 5ed plastic Dwarf Warrior spure. And I think I’ll nail it to the ground by using some sort of chains too.

hal:

I really like the organ, did you use plasticard to make it?

clam:

I really like the organ, did you use plasticard to make it?

hal
Thanks - and yes! - it's made from styrene tubes from Evergreen Scale models size 1/8" AND 3/32"