[Archive] Clash of the Titans 2! Pyro Vs. Lord Archaon - Night Goblins Vs. Orc Pirates!

Pyro Stick:

The foamboard and sticks have arrived!!:

…but i didnt realise i would need a Hot Wire Cutter to be able to cut it…

So now i have to wait for it to get back in stock on the site where i found games workshops Hot Wire Cutter with a 25% discount. This is definately going to hold me back. Rargh now i cant work on my COTT OR my GH8! Im only able to mess around with the base a bit more so ill add some more WIP pics of that later today.

EDIT: DAMN! Ive just been told its been discontinued!!!

GRNDL:

Hot foam cutters should be available in pretty much ANY hobby store as its widely used in model railway construction. Shouldn’t be a problem to find a cheap one.

Alternatively, you can invest in a foam cutting knife. They look like X-acto wood carving knives but have a very long (3" or so) curved blade and make short work of foam. I bought one for about $10-15 Cdn and that came with perhaps 4 replacement blades.

Pyro Stick:

Hot foam cutters should be available in pretty much ANY hobby store as its widely used in model railway construction. Shouldn't be a problem to find a cheap one.

Alternatively, you can invest in a foam cutting knife. They look like X-acto wood carving knives but have a very long (3" or so) curved blade and make short work of foam. I bought one for about $10-15 Cdn and that came with perhaps 4 replacement blades.

GRNDL
I live about 2 hours away from the nearesy hobby store so im going to make a trip there next week. I think i saw a few GW hot wire cutters there.

Everything here is way more expensive that in canada by the looks of things. I could never find a foam cutting knife here for that price. Maybe i should ask a member of cdo to go out a buy me one and send it to me.

tjub:

Go Pyro, Go Pyro!

This thread makes me feel an urge to go back and start working on mine again… :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

Heres what i got done today:

There is just a little bit more of the wooden fence to add. Tomorrow i will try and order a hot wire cutter and get it sent out quickly so i can start on the mushrooms.

Swissdictator:

Pyro: I’ll check and see where I got mine. It’s really my dad’s, for his historical group, but I’m borrowing it for now. I’ll hook you up with a URL if there’s a website.

Pyro looking good so far. That should make for some fun scenarios!

Pyro Stick:

Pyro: I'll check and see where I got mine. It's really my dad's, for his historical group, but I'm borrowing it for now. I'll hook you up with a URL if there's a website.

swissdictator
Ive got my eye on two ebay auctions.

The first is a knife:
http://tinyurl.com/d36cu4

And the second is a one similar to GW's discontinued one:
http://tinyurl.com/co4rmb

Im not sure which one to go for.
Pyro looking good so far. That should make for some fun scenarios!

swissdictator
I was thinking about that earlier. Hopefully it will encourage me to have more games.

tjub:

Looking good so far Pyro! :slight_smile:

clam:

Thats a nice start Pyro :hat off

Ghrask Dragh:

Hell yeah, nice start mate, it’s looking good!

I’m going into cardiff tomorow for some supplies, let me know if you want me to pick up one of them ‘kutta fings’ :h

Pyro Stick:

Hell yeah, nice start mate, it's looking good!
I'm going into cardiff tomorow for some supplies, let me know if you want me to pick up one of them 'kutta fings' :h

Ghrask Dragh
I just bought one off of ebay. It cant cut 4". It cost me £25 though cause postage was ridicolous..

Anyway it will be here in 6 to 10 days so i will start work on the mushrooms then.

Kera foehunter:

like the fence pyro

pyro i would get the knife it would be better than the foam cutter

the knife would allow you to do better detail

the foam cutter will only let you do so much before your hitting the back of the the brace

that hold the wire

wallacer:

Looking good so far.

GRNDL:

@pyrostick

The knife I was talking about isn’t heated, so its a lot cheaper. Here is a link to the item I was talking about:

Woodland Scenics

Its the item marked ST1433.

The pics are kind of small, but you can google it to find better pics and online stores, if necessary. Its got a 2" blade, rather than the 3" I said (my mistake), but it makes short work of cutting foam and you can get some good control over it, as Kera has mentioned.

Kera foehunter:

Pyro how many night goblin can fit in this fort ??

Pyro Stick:

Pyro how many night goblin can fit in this fort ??

Kera foehunter
I will hopefully paint up the night goblin unit i have and fit them all in but there will still be room left i think.

Pyro Stick:

Update.

THe bridge isnt finished yet. I still need to add hand rails to teh rest of it and foam board needs to be glued to the whole front of the hill so that its not so steep and so i can extend the bridge so its not as steep as well cause im not that pleased with it at the moment.

Kera foehunter:

look good!!!love the great job you did to make ivy on the walls. Is this fort in lustria to rob warplocks land of it resoures???

Pyro Stick:

look good!!!love the great job you did to make ivy on the walls.  Is this fort in lustria to rob warplocks land of it resoures????

Kera foehunter
Its meant to be moss but i guess it could just as easily be ivy ^_^.

I havent decided where the fort is yet. Ill have to look at a map of the warhammer world first. Its supposed to look like the night goblins have been there so long without being attacked that they cant be bothered fixing it up anymore.

Swissdictator:

I like the moss. I’ve been happy with my method, but what is yours?

Nice moss, boss.