[Archive] Clash of the Titans 2! Pyro Vs. Lord Archaon - Night Goblins Vs. Orc Pirates!

Pyro Stick:

I like the moss. I've been happy with my method, but what is yours?

Nice moss, boss.

swissdictator
I used the crappy cheap flock that came with my mega paint set. Im going to paint over it and then paint ir dark angels green with goblin green or snot green highlights.

Kera foehunter:

ooops sorry!! i like your great moss on the wall pyro!

Lord Archaon:

Here is what i’ve done so far:

The basic idea is a Chaos temple in a middle of lava lake with a demon bound altar in it and a load of skulls.

Pyro Stick:

Thats looking cool. Is the chaos guy going to be able to get off of the lake or is he just stuck there?

Kera foehunter:

great job! !Lord Archaon love the spikes

Lord Archaon:

He is a Mordheim Possesed Magister, he is for size comparesion only. :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

So now ,i can’t wait to see the mystery figure??? oooohhhho spooky

tetnis:

It looks great so far. What bit did you use for the big skull on the alter?

Lord Archaon:

It comes with a Arcane ruins set.

Ghrask Dragh:

Excellent work so far guys, don’t see so much terrain work nowdays, I’m impressed!

:cheers

Pyro Stick:

Ive just finished undercoating mine and tomorrow i will do a small tester, as in im going to choose an area with fence, moss, and a place that needs flocked and paint it up to see what it looks like before i go and finish the rest of it. Im thinking of getting the colours im going to need a lot (like scorched and bestial brown for the fence) and taking it to this place where i live that can mix up paint if you take in a tester of it and they will make you a tin of it.

Swissdictator:

Lord Achaon: VERY nice. Thinking of using it as terrain or an objective in games perhaps?

Pyro Stick:

Heres a small test piece i painted:

Now that ive painted a bit and flocked it i think i might just have to give it a snow theme. What do you think? Do you think it would look better with a little snow on it?

Swissdictator:

Try a devlun mud wash… and then maybe a black wash on the wood first. Trust me, it’ll really pop more then.

Pyro Stick:

Try a devlun mud wash... and then *maybe* a black wash on the wood first. Trust me, it'll really pop more then.

swissdictator
Wont that make it look glossy? If not, then i might have to buy it. I dont have any of the new washes cause GW paints are a rip off.

two_heads_talking:

Try a devlun mud wash... and then *maybe* a black wash on the wood first. Trust me, it'll really pop more then.

swissdictator
Wont that make it look glossy? If not, then i might have to buy it. I dont have any of the new washes cause GW paints are a rip off.

Pyro Stick
Without having them or using them, while I accept your hesitancy, you are basing your opinion on what?

The new washes do not cause a glossy look. Think of it like more of a matte finish or satin finish...

Swissdictator:

Pyro: The new washes don’t leave a glossy sheen like the old ones did. Just let it dry and it shouldn’t be glossy.

The new washes are phenomenal. The old ones insert disturbing noise here

Pyro Stick:

Pyro: The new washes don't leave a glossy sheen like the old ones did. Just let it dry and it shouldn't be glossy.

The *new* washes are phenomenal. The old ones *insert disturbing noise here*

swissdictator
If you have the devlan mud wash would you mind doing a tester to show me what it looks like? Which one of the inks is it most like?

Swissdictator:

I will tonight. I’ll do a before and after for you.

I’ll also try out the Ogryn Flesh for you so you can an idea of how that might compare.

Kera foehunter:

pyro it looks great no snow on it